Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Well just picked mine up, it's beautiful. *teardrop*

But I'm charging mine up at the moment, might not be able to actually play it for another 2 hours because I have to get to class. I decided to get BlazeBlue alongside it, I already had Uncharted but on the off chance I were to get bored of that. tongue.png

Edit: This was so damn worth it, BlazeBlue has kicked my ass but I enjoyed the hell out of it! I'll play Uncharted after dinner.

Edited by Silencer226

PS Vita looks so tempting. I knew i'd want one after I tried it at Eurogamer last year. ASDA are selling it the cheapest at the moment so i'll pick one up there. Just wish the memory wasn't so damn expensive. Sucks that UK is missing out on the 32GB. The price for it is over the top but I always like to go for the highest memory possible so that I don't need to worry about getting more memory for a while. I'll get the 16GB card first so thats out of the way and get the Vita whenever possible.

Edited by BlueEagle21

Picked up my Vita today!

I LOVE IT! The interface is so sleek, and I was able to navigate through the various menus easily.

The Playstation Store is pretty nice, it's pretty organized and was easy to find stuff.

My first game was BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend. I used to own Calamity Trigger Portable on the PSP, so I kinda already had a feel for it. The Vita's graphics are outstanding. Playing CSE, It's like I was looking into a mini PS3. The graphics are very crisp, with little to no sign of the graphics begin grainy/pixel-y. The only complaint I have about the game mainly comes from the Vita's design itself, though. The left analog stick is pretty close to the D-Pad, so sometimes, a simple quarter-circle motion on the D-Pad could be interrupted by the stick. It's not game ruining, though. I can work around it, even though it's a weird hand position for me.

Overall: IT'S SO BEAUTIFUUUUUUUUUUUUL! SO DAMN BEAUTIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL!

People with big hands are probably going to hate the position of the analog sticks. I've been playing Uncharted Golden Abyss and I just have to say my left thumb is feeling a little fatigued. I'm not sure if it's from BlazBlue abuse or not but it's something I thought I'd point out.

Nice handheld but I think my thumb is going to hate it when things start getting hectic. Again I might have tired my thumb playing BB so, yeah...

Fuckshit, my hands are like Donkey Kong gorilla hands. Sounds like it will take some getting used to. Oddly, I don't have much issue with 3DS, though. Perhaps it's the slide pad's position, I don't know.

Heh, My mind is having an all out war in deciding if I should get a 3DS or a Vita.

Either way, I'm probably not going to get either for quite some time. Probably months later or a year(+) afterwards, I'll get one of the 2.

But as of now, I think I'm leaning towards the Vita. I wonder what Sega plans on doing with the system later...

Writing this through my PS Vita and wow this forum is bugged on portable devices. The browser is surprisingly decent(sadly enough smoother than my phone). So far I love the Vita but the keyboard really sucks wish they could implement Swiftkey(android app keyboard), so much better. If you are on the edge of whether to buy or not id say if you find it under the 210$ mark then BUY it so worth. As for now I only have Rayman Origins but by next week blazblue should arrive. And tried out gravity daze and there is only one word.!!! Damnit im editing this on my computer.

Urk writing on the Vita SUUUUCKS!!! Either way Gravity daze/rush is freaking awesome love using the sixaxis motion

control it's a wonderful feeling XP lol. But yeah wasn't hyped at that game(at all) but now, I sure am.

Oh about the resolution on this device is IMO decent, it's really not that great did actually expect it to look much better but nope(should have thought of that since the Iphone 4/s has around the same res and blowing that up to a five inch screen is not exactly the smartest thing to do).

While the res is fine I absolutely hate to see games using the same technique that they use in console to go sub-qHD on a portable device just to have higher quality on graphics which makes me really disappointed since IMO res>>>graphics. I really hope it only affected the launch titles or else i will be disappoint since what is the point of having qHD if they are not gonna use it more than half of the time, mind you 2D games looks spectacular(thinking of Rayman Origins).

Sometimes I wished that they could stayed on a four inch screen because then it wouldn't be as noticeable kinda feels a bit ahead of it's time(like 360 and dreamcast). Yes the resolution and anti-aliasing is everything(but no I just hate jaggies) for me tongue.png or a secondary priority, first is obviously enough the gameplay which is what the Vita have, otherwise I wouldn't love it so damn much XD.

By the way feel free to add me would love to have some friends on the vita username is "Taileru-Kun", yeah I failed the first time when I switched to and created a Japanese account, the other account(EU) got lost and now I can't reuse TaileruKun because of that...

Damn I'm such a perfectionist edited this post like five times now XD. I wish I wasn't cause it can be such a pain sometimes and other times I don't even finish or trash it because of not being "perfect" enough for me.

Another thing the games looks damn good with anti-aliasing combined with the standard res.

Something tells me I could have made an essay/review out of this if I continued the pace I was going... I don't know if that's sad or if it's a good thing.

Edited by Tailer

Foto0009.jpg

Well, my fabulous handcrafted tablecloth arrived today.

Also the Vita.

Writeup later after I toy around with the device ~

Edited by Dobkeratops

@Tailer, Sony have an extremely high-quality and Hi-res screen for their new Xperia S, 4.3-in 720p (at 342ppi, higher than the iPhone 4S). However, adding that, plus OLED adds a huge amount of cost.

Let us remember, the Vita costs less than half the price of a flagship smartphone.

@Tailer, Sony have an extremely high-quality and Hi-res screen for their new Xperia S, 4.3-in 720p (at 342ppi, higher than the iPhone 4S). However, adding that, plus OLED adds a huge amount of cost.

Let us remember, the Vita costs less than half the price of a flagship smartphone.

I'm guessing you quoted this

Oh about the resolution on this device is IMO decent, it's really not that great did actually expect it to look much better but nope(should have thought of that since the Iphone 4/s has around the same res and blowing that up to a five inch screen is not exactly the smartest thing to do)

If not then I don't have a freaking clue of what you're talking about. Guess I kinda worded it badly/wrongly basically what I meant it was stupid of me to expect crystal clear res when it has around the same res as an Iphone 4/S and I do still think it would have been better for sony to make the screen a bit smaller(4~ inch). But it's fine the way it is for now so doesn't really matter but sucks when people go sub-qHD. Dunno really where you are trying to get at actually. (this entire post feels extremely unnecessary but since I finished writing it I might as well post it, feels like a summery of my other post, just worded differently)

Just played one at GameStop.

The control sticks are pretty odd, and are really curved. The buttons are too small.

I think I'll wait for the revision.

I'm guessing you quoted this

If not then I don't have a freaking clue of what you're talking about. Guess I kinda worded it badly/wrongly basically what I meant it was stupid of me to expect crystal clear res when it has around the same res as an Iphone 4/S and I do still think it would have been better for sony to make the screen a bit smaller(4~ inch). But it's fine the way it is for now so doesn't really matter but sucks when people go sub-qHD. Dunno really where you are trying to get at actually. (this entire post feels extremely unnecessary but since I finished writing it I might as well post it, feels like a summery of my other post, just worded differently)

I thought you were talking about how you'd want a higher pixel density or higher resolution. 4-inch screen is far too small for a dedicated handheld console. I've seen the screen and its fantastic. Contrast is stunning, colours are fantastic. Its no retina display, but so what.

So did anyone buy any accessories for their Vita? I didn't get any during the launch day, but I just ordered some screen protector for my Vita, mainly because I don't like smudges on my screen and it will get scratched eventually through wear and tear. Not sure if I will get anything else for it, maybe a case to carry games in, so idk.

Last thing, we've all had it for more than 2 days now, what's your take on it? I've enjoyed it, I thought I'd never get back into handheld gaming again, but the Vita has proved me wrong, I love playing Golden Abyss and BlazeBlue on it. Analog sticks be damned, but I do not feel like I wasted my money, and that game who's name I will not mention is on my radar.

I got mine last night at ASDA and have been using it for hours today. I'm so amazed with this thing. The screen is incredible. Hands down the best i've ever seen on a handheld. The demo of Rayman Origins is a great example of how good the Vita's screen is. The button layout did surprise me. The small buttons did worry me a bit but that worry was gone after playing some games using them. Very responsive and comfortable. Only thing i'd like Sony to do is to have an option to turn up voice party chat when playing a game. You can still hear people while playing a game but not as loud as you'd like. Hopefully thats looked at soon.

I haven't got any games for it yet so i've been playing demos. I'll be ordering UMVC3 for it next week.

But yeah. Really impressed with this thing. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this device.

Edited by BlueEagle21

So did anyone buy any accessories for their Vita? I didn't get any during the launch day, but I just ordered some screen protector for my Vita, mainly because I don't like smudges on my screen and it will get scratched eventually through wear and tear. Not sure if I will get anything else for it, maybe a case to carry games in, so idk.

Last thing, we've all had it for more than 2 days now, what's your take on it? I've enjoyed it, I thought I'd never get back into handheld gaming again, but the Vita has proved me wrong, I love playing Golden Abyss and BlazeBlue on it. Analog sticks be damned, but I do not feel like I wasted my money, and that game who's name I will not mention is on my radar.

I bought Travel kit along with my Vita. Its fairly cheap and contains everything you need. There is screen protector, case for games (contains 8 games and 2 Memory Sticks) and other stuff. Oh and then there is that sweet Travel case for Vita. Its not that big but you can easily put in AR Card, said case for games and other stuff and dont worry. Vita wont be damaged cause its separated from rest of the stuff.

Well thats just my opinion.

Hmm PS Vita sold 0.3 in USA & 0.38 in EU kinda disappointed at that wish it sold 1mil+ :P, I mean it's such a good system with a pretty awesome launch titles IMO. Still pretty decent I guess, hope it will sell steadily and not drop like in Japan.

Hmm PS Vita sold 0.3 in USA & 0.38 in EU kinda disappointed at that wish it sold 1mil+ tongue.png, I mean it's such a good system with a pretty awesome launch titles IMO. Still pretty decent I guess, hope it will sell steadily and not drop like in Japan.

Kinda understandable given the price tag and the fact that it isn't Nintendo. Give it some time and the Vita will start to sell pretty well. Given, I would already have one myself but $250 is a bit much for me atm given no games that are out right now interest me that much. If I had a Vita I would literally be looking at it right now and that's it.

Hmm PS Vita sold 0.3 in USA & 0.38 in EU kinda disappointed at that wish it sold 1mil+ tongue.png, I mean it's such a good system with a pretty awesome launch titles IMO. Still pretty decent I guess, hope it will sell steadily and not drop like in Japan.

Its been out for like....5 days, I'd say that 700,000 units is pretty damn good. More to sell in the future.

If and when Call of Duty and Battlefeild launch, there will be more sales.

Edited by Scar

It sold about the same in Japan in its first week, so it's not out of the woods yet. I expect Vita to be slow to build steam, though. February isn't exactly a month of big sales, after all.

Since when were Call of Duty and Battlefield considered system sellers when the series is already available on pretty much every conceivable platform for the general consumer?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, they're not really system sellers. I've never seen them be system sellers. What IS a system seller is good exclusives, and they always will be.

Since when were Call of Duty and Battlefield considered system sellers when the series is already available on pretty much every conceivable platform for the general consumer?

I've been thinking that myself as well.

Actually, what (if any) exclusive game for a playstation console has been a system seller? Only ones that come to mind atm are MGS, UC and maybe Gran Turismo.

I want to see another full adventure, non-on the rail, Ape Escape.

Yeah, its not a guaranteed system seller, but its bound to have some kind of effect., particularly in the US, and maybe even EU. I expect things like being able to play online multiplayer over Wi-fi or even 3G (it would cost fucking shit-loads though) with friends on their PS3's would just be the icing on the cake.

But yeah, Vita will need exclusives to shift. It needs good'uns too. So far Gravity Rush is looking outstanding, perhaps one of the better handheld console exclusives. New IP's and a mixture of older ones will be needed.

Actually, Sony's commercials are focusing heavily on the whole "Play at home, and continue on the go" setup the Vita has. Having Call of Duty on the Vita may increase sales because people are willing to have their COD experience anywhere they go.