Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

[insert any quote made by you regarding the same criticisms about the 3DS in the exact same areas only remove the defence about the bulk of games being ports of old games as psp2 doesn't seem to have that...

To be brutally honest, I don't think that Sony are strangers to reneging on promises about software and launch line-ups for their new systems; I find it highly unlikely that Sony - knowing their age-old allergies to in-house development - will bother to create new, innovative and exclusive titles for their new platform, though rather will use existing PS3 games to showcase the system's power while shoehorning shoddy touch-screen controls into them. Hell, it worked wonders for Nintendo with the original DS...

What's more, I've seen both console's alleged maximum battery capacities, and find them absolutely disgraceful; though I'm fully aware of the fact that the PSP2 is, without a shadow of a doubt, going to be the most powerful handheld console to date and that the 3DS' complex LCD technology is highly innovative in terms of opportunities for a more immersive gaming experience, I don't think that "4-5 hours" is anything even close to what can be considered a "reasonable battery life". Just look at the original DS, the Game Boy Advance and even the Neo Geo Pocket Color for examples of technological advancement without horrendous impositions on how long the damned thing lasts without the player being tethered to a wall socket.

...and I think we've established that our bets at Landbrokers that SSMBs number 1 anti Sony member would slagg it off are safe.]

I don't particularly think that this was all that much of a fair comment to make in the light of my nigh-on-equal criticism of BOTH the 3DS and PSP2, especially seeing as I am not, contrary to what seems to be popular belief, anti-Sony. That, and your comment was nothing but uncalled-for, immature flame-bait (with a dash of needless slander thrown in for good measure)...

• Thumbs Up 1

I find it highly unlikely that Sony - knowing their age-old allergies to in-house development

what does this mean

will bother to create new, innovative and exclusive titles for their new platform,

To be honest, Sony does make a bunch of cool rara-avis games for their platforms, though most of them come as "smaller" projects from SCEJ. Locoroco and Patapon are two good examples as far as PSP goes.

And that NGP game that uses the backpad to deform terrain looks interesting. Who'd have guessed - Sony already have shown a title that showcases a gimmick specific to their platform while Nintendo still has to show one whose gameplay truly benefits from theirs (3D). How's that for irony?

Neo Geo Pocket Color

Neo Geo Pocket

Neo Geo Pocket

oh shit

sonic68.gif

remake confirmed

• Thumbs Up 1

I find it highly unlikely that Sony - knowing their age-old allergies to in-house development

Yeah. It isn't as if they have been developing video games with first-party development studios since the day the PSX came out or anything like that.

what does this mean

It doesn't mean anything, because it is a load of nonsense. Sony's first and second party game development output normally just trails that of Nintendo, and it has done so since the PS2 came out 10 years ago (and arguably since the PSX itself, though Sony relied a lot more on second-party developers back then rather than the first-party studios that they have now). Anyone who says that Sony doesn't create games by themselves quite frankly doesn't know what they are talking about.

And by the way, despite what it appears to be, I am not actually here on the forum. It is only your imaginations.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Great graphics. Looks cool too. Probably will get one if some decent games come out for it.

Edited by Rabid-Noodles

Sony's first party titles have never interested me much, although I will admit this console looks incredibly impressive, and will leave me on-ends about which handheld to choose.

May have to wait until E3 comes around, but I'll have to say the current best list of games for release on the newest portables is the 3DS's.

Edited by Azukara

Where's my new Ape Escape that isn't a party game or some sort of motion gimmick lol

There is supposedly one currently in development.

And by the way, despite what it appears to be, I am not actually here on the forum. It is only your imaginations.

What's more, I've seen both console's alleged maximum battery capacities, and find them absolutely disgraceful;

Battery technology everywhere has stagnated, it's unrealistic to expect much more then that from modern hardware, when running from a battery.

smartphones, similarly have trouble holding a charge too.

Battery technology everywhere has stagnated, it's unrealistic to expect much more then that from modern hardware, when running from a battery.

smartphones, similarly have trouble holding a charge too.

You forgot to add laptops to that list. And these things are bigger than the NGP/PSP2, yet they have the same battery life.

That just goes to show how people are really starting to pull these "issues" out of the ass to use against the system.

Sounds like they may be learning their lesson, but until the price is announced it can still go either way. At least we know so far that it's under $599.

NGP = Nintendo Got Pwned

How so? So far it looks like a repeat of the PSP, which though it was successful, never even came close to the DS in overall sales.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I was looking on GamesRadar, and I have a question:

Are those analog sticks actual analog sticks? If so, holy fuck, my mind is blown.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tornado, you trippin'.

We all know that's you. :lol:

You forgot to add laptops to that list. And these things are bigger than the NGP/PSP2, yet they have the same battery life.

That just goes to show how people are really starting to pull these "issues" out of the ass to use against the system.

You gotta remember too that laptop batteries are a lot bigger so if the psp2 holds a similar charge i'll say that's impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was looking on GamesRadar, and I have a question:

Are those analog sticks actual analog sticks? If so, holy fuck, my mind is blown.

That's gotta suck though, what if they break off in your (big) pocket, or bag? Unless there's some way to literally push them in that Sony hasn't told us yet.

The SSMB curse is strong with this one.

That's gotta suck though, what if they break off in your (big) pocket, or bag? Unless there's some way to literally push them in that Sony hasn't told us yet.

I would imagine Sony will include some sort of carrying case that protects the analogs or some 3rd party will

It's less thicker than the PSP-3000? How the fuck did they cram all that into a package that size?!

It's only slightly bigger...wow.

Wow! it's pretty massive. I really like the design, not too far form the PSP1 but the PSP1 is still like... the best looking thing sony ever made...

I like the look of those damn analogs too. Hope that Yakuza of The End concept matures into like...a portable Yakuza game or something, that'd be great.

PSP2/NGP matching the 3DS' price?

If they do that, chances are they'll blow the 3DS out of the water. That is if they reveal a bigger library of games after a while, which if they do then the demand will be good news for Sony. And even if they don't, they'll still likely be a decent seller.

But still, they may actually sell more to make up for the technology they put into it just for that. Although, economics was never my strong point.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2