Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

To be fair, a lot of people consider Ocarina of Time to be one of the best games of all time, and an enhanced remak3 is just a magnet for money.

Doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day, it is just a port, not an original title.

Persona 4 Golden had infinitely more content and effort pumped into it than OoT3D ever did. It's totally worth buying even if you already own the original game.

That being said, we just need to see what's coming on the horizon. I love my Vita, and I prefer it over my 3DS because it's a much more capable, impressive machine, but it's going to need more games to really start kicking ass.

I bought a Vita for P4G almost exclusively so really I'm not going to criticize anyone finding it a selling point any more than OoT3D. For me who doesn't even own a PS2, it's pretty much one of my favorite games.

I'm not going to contend with the notion that an enhanced port being the only good thing a console has going for it is really bad, however. Vita isn't going to live on P4G by a long shot, and neither was 3DS with OoT, no matter how much either game has more effort put into it. It's not enough in the least. That said, they do boost sales. OoT3D was but a part of a deal of factors, and P4G did boost Vita sales in Japan. The results didn't really matter much in the west, though.

Problem is Sony don't have their own equivalent to OoT that they can port to generate massive sales in the West (which they can then use to gain developer interest). Maybe if they put the effort in to making enhanced ports of.....say the Spyro/Crash/Jak games, then maybe they'll get a few people interested.

Maybe there would have been more sales if Black Ops was actually the shooter people were waiting for, instead... instead of a pile of whatever it is.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't people complaining last year that the Sony conference almost completely ignored the Vita, well besides the possibility of PS One ports? What makes anyone think this year would be any different? All I really remember was the Wonderbook demonstration, after that I kind of zoned out.

Speaking of shooters... the PS4 could stand to gain a lot by striking a deal for exclusive DLC for CoD much like the 360 did. That would certainly help it gain some traction right out of the gate in the U.S.

To be fair, Nintendo did launch a limited edition "ZELDA 3DS" that looks really sexy. Only reason I would have considered buying one at the time.

This is probably the first time I've ever posted in this thread regarding the Vita, hello there lol. I got my PlayStation Vita back in June last year, and played Gravity Rush. It was a great game, loved it so much. That's one game I appericate, and hope a sequel is annonced later this year. I've played other Vita games, and they are as follows:

Dokuro (Japanese port) Pretty good 2D innovative game, tough cookie but enjoyable

Touch My Katamari, this was the first Katamari game I ever played, it was pretty good, crazy but good.

Sumioni (Japanese port) Quite a good 2D game, didn't play it for too long but it kicks ass.

LittleBigPlanet Vita, A very excellent game. I was diggin the levels, gameplay elements and what not.

Other games I've played on Vita:

Sound Shapes

Knytt Underground, I'm currently playing the Vita version. I love this game, it's great, it's amazing.

I am looking forward to Tearaway, saw gameplay, and look's charming and colourful. smile.png

Edited by Dazzy

Latest video for the upcoming Sony event on Feb 20th is about portables, so I think we'll likely see that new model of the PS Vita with the HDMI port (and hopefully some games) there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh? I already told you guys in that thread that the HDMI rumor was fake.

It's a dev unit, and the patent was filed many years ago.

Edited by Autosaver

The PSP already established itself as a niche console boasting a motherload of RPGs - build on that. Throw money at Square for some exclusive Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts on there. Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep were huge, weren't they? God of War is a money-booster as usual, so bring that over. Revivals of stuff like Ape Escape, Parappa, and Medieval could back on nostalgia and drum up some sales there, and then they can bring some more of their A-list developers to work on their respective franchises, like with Killzone.

Making the Vita a success won't be insanely difficult, it'll just take some money up front. Get on that shit already, Sony.

• Thumbs Up 3

Huh? I already told you guys in that thread that the HDMI rumor was fake.

It's a dev unit, and the patent was filed many years ago.

Oh, I must have missed that part. Still, Nintendo put out the 3DS XL pretty quick, so a new PS Vita model a year later is still possible. If not, then I hope we see some games and that Japan price cut for Europe and the US. 

To be completely honest, I don't know of many big games on the Vita right now. I mean, there's Assassin's Creed, a Call of Duty, and of course Sonic and All-Stars, which from what I've heard is a really good port. If you were to tell me the names of any games coming out for the PSV soon, I probably wouldn't recognize them.

That's just me, though. I'm not an RPG guy, nor am I into either Assassin's Creed or CoD. (And from what I've heard the CoD games is shit, so...) I kind of hope it'll pick up steam soon, though. I don't want to see it fall flat on it's face like this.

Oh, I must have missed that part. Still, Nintendo put out the 3DS XL pretty quick, so a new PS Vita model a year later is still possible. If not, then I hope we see some games and that Japan price cut for Europe and the US. 

Vita 4G

:D

The PSP already established itself as a niche console boasting a motherload of RPGs - build on that. Throw money at Square for some exclusive Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts on there. Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep were huge, weren't they? God of War is a money-booster as usual, so bring that over. Revivals of stuff like Ape Escape, Parappa, and Medieval could back on nostalgia and drum up some sales there, and then they can bring some more of their A-list developers to work on their respective franchises, like with Killzone.

Making the Vita a success won't be insanely difficult, it'll just take some money up front. Get on that shit already, Sony.

I don't know how easy that is going to be; getting Square-Enix and other Japanese devs to make exclusives. Especially when talking Kingdom Hearts wise, Square-Enix already saw a lot of profit on the 3DS. When they released BBS, the PSP was already pretty sucessful too.

I'm sure it would be easier for Sony to justify airmailing big bags of money (with ¥ signs on them, I suppose) to Square to throw them a bone than it would be to risk it all on Western properties and hope that they do well in Japan. They aren't going to get a Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest, but they could swing a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts I think.

I think it would benefit them to pursue Final Fantasy in some way, the PSP got quite a few titles unique to the platform and they performed really well for them. That would at least help them in Japan, yeah. A HD version of FF X isn't going to cut it, especially when you can get it on PS3. They need to start playing hard ball if they really care about the platform.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I always figured that was due to them being too lazy to jump the series to HD. Considering Vita's higher production values, I'm not so sure.

Kingdom Hearts is going to end up on it anyway. The series has been on every handheld from the DS onwards.

You missed one:

kingdom-hearts-chain-of-memories-gba.png

Or do you mean it's been on every handheld after the GBA?

One problem.

Nomura has expressed big concern [after 3D] for the spread out titles. He said he wants people to have access to a majority of them. This is why I expect 3D to be the last exclusive with HD Collection tying all the games together. He is tired of having one game on that platform, and another on that one.

HD Collection to PSVita would be awesome though.

I seem to recall Square saying they weren't planning on making a KH Vita recently. Maybe they've changed their minds?

Either way it's up to Sony to sell the system to them, Square aren't gonna randomly say "hey let's make a Vita game" when they're already rapidly losing faith in console gaming (because they're idiots mostly but ah digressions).

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the KH hd collection made its way to the vita. It would probably boost sales. (I mean kh3d was a big reason to own a 3ds last year). Although yeah, I wouldn't count on KH staying console exclusive for much longer.

I seem to recall Square saying they weren't planning on making a KH Vita recently. Maybe they've changed their minds?

Either way it's up to Sony to sell the system to them, Square aren't gonna randomly say "hey let's make a Vita game" when they're already rapidly losing faith in console gaming (because they're idiots mostly but ah digressions).

Nomura did say, after 3D's world wide release, that he saw no point in making a Vita version because, there wouldn't enough to differentiate it from a console game.