Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I'd wonder how you would activate the reality shifts if 3d went to vita or console.

Vita: The rear touch panel could work.

Consoles: One of the Trigger buttons, I guess?

I think it'd work well enough on Vita, but some of 3D's features are among the main reasons I don't expect to see it in an HD Collection.

I expect II.5 ReMix will include KHII, BBS and maybe Coded, but I doubt 3D.

As for Vita.. I could see Vita getting HD ReMix somewhere down the line, I'd definitely get that. I don't think it'll be any time soon though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sony: Vita is behind the numbers we originally pictured
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-vita-is-behind-the-numbers-we-originally-pictured/0111159

I like the sound of this bit below.

"We have the new price down; now it's time for software. Just with what's been announced so far, we'll have more games coming out this year than last, and they're being launched on a regular basis throughout the year. I think that'll make users feel they're always getting enough, and we're prepared to push these titles as needed. We're going to be actively on the offensive in 2013."

• Thumbs Up 3

That's great to hear.

Hopefully they'll follow through with their plan and this year they can possibly persuade me to purchase the handheld.

Hahahahahauhuhauehuahe
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/yoshida-no-vita-price-cut-for-north-america/

"No, it's not," Sony Worldwide Studios head Shuhei Yoshida told Joystiq, when asked if the Vita will see a price cut like the one just announced in Japan. Yoshida cited the exchange rate as a reason for the lack of price drop – an issue that has plagued Nintendo in recent earnings releases.

• Thumbs Up 3

Probably later then. I'll only really interested when there are games, so a price-cut now wouldn't change my stance on purchasing one.

Moving on.

Probably later then. I'll only really interested when there are games,

Run away before people jump your throat!

Ugh... I hope Sony starts getting their PS Vita shit together at E3. It's such an amazing handheld with so much potential.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really do hope that Sony don't expect the Vita to be sustained simply by being a PS4 accessory. It's a really cool feature and all, but that's not why I got a Vita :c I want it to do its own thing dammit.

Well, looks like I'm finally caving in and getting a Vita. Amazon have it for 209.99 euros, but are offering a 50 euro reimbursement. 160 euros seems pretty nice! But it's only until March 3rd, so I've got to make a decision. Should I get one?

Well, looks like I'm finally caving in and getting a Vita. Amazon have it for 209.99 euros, but are offering a 50 euro reimbursement. 160 euros seems pretty nice! But it's only until March 3rd, so I've got to make a decision. Should I get one?

Well, do you like any of its current games or the upcoming ones?

If you do, then yes.

Should I get one?

Well if theres a bunch of games for it you want, go for it.

Or if you're a PS3 owner and have PSN+, go for it, tons of free games (I have quite a backlog on my Vita and PSN+ Vita has only been live for a few months)

Otherwise, nope... well unless you really want one, but I'd never advise anyone to get a console/handheld for one or two games.

I really do hope that Sony don't expect the Vita to be sustained simply by being a PS4 accessory. It's a really cool feature and all, but that's not why I got a Vita :c I want it to do its own thing dammit.

Yeah, they must not forget that there are single Vita owners who are dying to play new games. I hope in E3 they start with the Vita stuff first before moving on to PS4...

Just noticed this topic after posting in the PS4 one, so I thought I'd chime in.

Be aware of the price of complimentary items that accompany the vita, such as screen protectors, and more importantly memory cards. Memory cards are required to play anything on the Vita!   So be sure that you factor in this cost when making your purchase. Watch Youtube videos of the games you'd like to check out on the Vita beforehand, and know that you're certain that you really want what content is offered on it right now. Apps are sparse, so your main selection is going to be Vita games, along with select PSP and PS1 games. 

Be aware that it's pretty sizable, as well. 

Good games that I've played on the system have been Uncharted, Mortal Kombat, and Disgaea 3. Gravity Rush has also received stellar reviews.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, way to really screw yourselves over again Sony. You can't even try and build some momentum worldwide, instead you try to build it in a market where it's already deader than dead.

Welp, way to really screw yourselves over again Sony. You can't even try and build some momentum worldwide, instead you try to build it in a market where it's already deader than dead.

Economics. Evidently, they can't afford to lower the price internationally just yet.

I don't think they can lower the price, potentially take more losses, based on the assumption that a price cut will automatically shift units. What they need are games, when they have those, and ones which people are drooling for (say.....Monster Hunter....but that will never happen, but as an example) a price-cut may make more sense for them from a financial perspective.

Vita downloads beat PS3 downloads each month.

*Insert a gif of the robocop 2 robot lifing its head off and screaming /reaction*

Yeah... If they include the demos and the PSN+ games in those figures I can totally understand it. But... it's still really interesting given the numbers of each system... assuming it's not a 'don't you believe it' case

Vita downloads beat PS3 downloads each month.

*Insert a gif of the robocop 2 robot lifing its head off and screaming /reaction*

Yeah... If they include the demos and the PSN+ games in those figures I can totally understand it. But... it's still really interesting given the numbers of each system... assuming it's not a 'don't you believe it' case

Despite the current situation, its believable.  One of my mine gripes with the system is that I'd love to have everything on it digital, but can't due to the exorbitantly high price of the memory cards. It is a portable system, after all, so having everything on memory is a huge plus.

Economics. Evidently, they can't afford to lower the price internationally just yet.

I don't think they can lower the price, potentially take more losses, based on the assumption that a price cut will automatically shift units. What they need are games, when they have those, and ones which people are drooling for (say.....Monster Hunter....but that will never happen, but as an example) a price-cut may make more sense for them from a financial perspective.

I'm gonna break here and say, I'd pay the full $350-400 asking price if the following were applied:

-Improvement in battery life.  I'd like around 6 hours or so, if thats possible.

-Access to all PS1 classics, with the promise of PS2 classics coming

-Larger storage capacities

-Firmware improvements, and browser improvement

-A lot of desirable PS Vita exclusives.

-Improvement to the OLED technology such that the battery life consumption is substantially reduced when displaying a completely white screen, and such that the mura issue is resolved.

(And I'll sidetrack for a minute and elaborate on that last point about the screen:  What is mura, exactly? Its an issue with OLED tech that causes brightness to leak out unevenly, or so I understand. It results in a blotchy mess of a display that becomes somewhat apparent while playing games, and extremely apparent while viewing a black screen of any kind.)

A huge truck of buyers remorse hit me when I rushed out to buy the thing and then realized that I didn't have much to play on it and couldn't really use it for anything else.

Edited by Cyalume

I think cause with the Vita, Sony are really pushing digital downloads (ironic considering the ridiculous memory card prices they're charging), I haven't had my Vita too long and most of what I've done on it is download stuff! For Vita owners, a big bulk of the content they can use will be Minis, PS1 games, and not to mention cross-buy stuff, so I think it's got a bit of a headstart in those aspects.

Hopefully the PSN games selection for Vita will improve significantly if people can see it's relatively popular.

• Thumbs Up 1