Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Eh, I can deal with it.

I bought my Vita used and get my accessories on sale.

I also somehow managed to accidentally buy a 3-month PS+ subscription, so there's that.

Edited by Cola

I got my vita bundle for a steal back on Black Friday, so for once I'm not gunshy or handicapped about waiting for a pricecut.

I'll just echo the common sentiment about the PS+ situation. The small backlog of games (including Gravity Rush and Uncharted) really boosts the value of the console by giving you a handful of games to try out right out of the box. The Memory Card situation means you'll likely have to stick to 1 or 2 games at a time (Uncharted is like 3 gigs) but its still very nice.

Well, after 5 years of postponing it, the day finally arrived.

2013-02-22-220550_zps4c402f35.jpg

This is gonna be good.

So, I went to GAME today and they didn't had Persona 4 and the dude said that he hadn't heard of such game. Fuck my life, I was really hyped for this.

I'll try some other place tomorrow.

Edited by Tmsp

So, I went to GAME today and they didn't had Persona 4 and the dude said that he hadn't heard of such game. Fuck my life, I was really hyped for this.

Seriously? That's crazy, it's the Vita's best-rated game :S guess that goes to show how marketed the game (and Vita) are in UK?

Seriously? That's crazy, it's the Vita's best-rated game :S guess that goes to show how marketed the game (and Vita) are in UK?

Not UK, Portugal.

My country sometimes gets games really late or they never arrive, especially, lets say "weeaboo" games.

The fact that most people here only play Fifa, PES and CoD may have been the reason why the employee had never heard of it. At least he asked if I wanted to pre-order Killzone, so I know he is aware of the Vita.

Not UK, Portugal.

My country sometimes gets games really late or they never arrive, especially, lets say "weeaboo" games.

The fact that most people here only play Fifa, PES and CoD may have been the reason why the employee had never heard of it. At least he asked if I wanted to pre-order Killzone, so I know he is aware of the Vita.

Ah derp, I assumed UK when I saw GAME, my bad v-v;;

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was the case in UK anyway, that's all anyone in UK plays too.

To be fair, it's Persona. A lot of people tend to ignore names that aren't very English orientated (Ni No Kuni, Shin Megami Tensei, BlazBlue, etc) which happen to be a lot of Atlus titles.

NIS publishes it here in Yurop and they're not exactly big either so distribution can be bumpy.

I got it off PSN, mostly because I expect upcoming consoles less likely to dedicate extra card slots to BC than to just run digital purchases via emulator.

Hope you get it soon because it's AMAZING so far. This soundtrack omg.

I'm going to be sad when it ends, aren't I?

North American Vitas Are Getting Some New(?) Apps: Friend Network and Imaginstruments

We’ve had a slew of exceptional new applications hit PS Vita recently, like the otherworldly simulator Ecolibrium,Wake-up Club, and plenty of others. Today, we wanted to unveil two great new applications you’ll soon be enjoying on PS Vita.

Friend Network, already a huge hit in Japan and other territories in Asia, is a unique social application for PS Vita that allows you to interact with friends and meet new people in a whole new way. Guided by PlayStation mascot mainstay Toro, the app lets PS Vita owners visualize their network of friends and gaming buddies through the use of avatars in a colorful environment, and through growing their friends list, players can grow their own unique town space within Friend Network. With the ultimate goal of reaching 100 friends within Friend Network, lobbies are available where players can meet new friends and exchange virtual “business cards.” These cards contain information that players can use to get to know others within Friend Network.

8507972116_19ebfed1dd.jpg8507972030_c5ea8ec1d6.jpg

8506862199_485e5669e6.jpg8507971998_145c7aba1f.jpg

Additionally, Friend Network comes fully integrated with your favorite social networks. Players can connect to their Twitter and Facebook accounts to see which friends are also participating in Friend Network and add them immediately. Players can also request tasks from their friends, like planting crops in their garden, to expand their town yard space. As you can see, Friend Network is a great way to maintain and grow your PSN friends list!

8507984718_13944aa637.jpg

Next up we’re bringing you a one-of-a-kind music application called Imaginstruments. The application offers a slew of musical composition tools to potential PS Vita song smiths to create and manipulate a bevy of sounds and instruments. Our neighbors in Europe have already had a chance to begin crafting songs in Imaginstruments, but we’re now bringing this musical experience to North America.

Players can create whole songs from scratch and save them to on PS Vita memory cards. Using three distinct song creation tools, players can compose a virtually endless amount of unique music. Players can edit drum tracks in the “Passive” mode to create complex rhythms for their tracks, then switch over to “Active” mode to create melodies using instruments like the guitar or violin. The interface has been laid out to allow non-musicians an easy point of entry to create and craft songs without the need of a Ph.D in musical composition. We’ve also included a Sequencer mode, that takes parts of your drum and rhythm sequences to help you construct the song, and then record it. There are plenty of interesting ways Imaginstruments can enable you to begin crafting your very own songs on the PS Vita, and we recommend you try it out for yourself!

8507984604_c79596ac5f.jpg8507984594_18d599828d.jpg

Both of these apps will be coming your way this Spring for PS Vita. We look forward to hearing what you think of new applications, and know that we’re always looking for new ways to expand your experience on PS Vita. Also, stay tuned to the PS Blog as much exciting PS Vita digital content is soon to come!

Well... what an interesting afternoon...

Indies should definitely jump onto the PS Vita. RCR's sold much more on PSN than XBLA and more on PS Vita than even PS3.

--- Developer of Retro City Rampage. Posted on twitter... then it began...

This doesn't include PS Plus. It's _SOLD_ far more on PSN than XBLA. With PS Plus, there are a bajillion more copies out there

Steam's done far better than XBLA too, but PSN has still done the best.

Robert Boyd ‏@werezompire @BriProv Looks like we need to get our RPGs on Vita then. :)

And following that last one... this happened...

Robert Boyd ‏@werezompire Apparently RCR sold better on PSN (especially Vita) than Steam or XBLA. @ShaneWatch we need to talk. :)

Shane Bettenhausen @ShaneWatch @werezompire emailing!

So in the best part of an afternoon, indi devs are now rushing to get their games on the Vita.

Source: Twitter

Retro City Rampage was cross-buy and most people who own a Vita are also PS3 owners. I don't see how other devs read from the tweet that it sold more on Vita than PS3 when they're essentially the same bundle.

If anything I think the most appealing reason is because most digital titles that are simultaneous Vita/PS3 releases are usually easy enough to get working on the respective platform, meaning there's not much reason not to invest in such a version.

I rather play games on my Vita than on my PS3 unless it's a high quality title. Sly Cooper for example, I would be playing it on my Vita instead of the PS3. The graphics aren't that much of a huge jump.

Hi, I haven't posted much here, but I recently took a picture of all my Gravity Rush/Daze stuff. Here is my collection.

54275756862778648856115.jpg

I got most of this stuff from Ebay. :)

• Thumbs Up 6

I am insanely jealous of all your Gravity Rush stuff dude. I want all of those things.

Well, you could try to get some on Ebay.

jesus damn, I looked up that guidebook and it's full of amazing artworks /jelly

cheers on the haul

I can't believe no one posted this yet.

Playstation Vita Sales See Massive Spike in Japan

"Vita sold 62,543 units in that time in Japan, up from 11,456 units the week before. This comes at the same time as a new, significant release for the PS Vita – Phantasy Star Online 2 – launched, selling 61,227 at retail alone (Sony doesn’t release digital sales numbers)."

With Senran Kagura and Soul Sacrifice now out for the Vita in Japan we may be seeing better days for the console for the next weeks.

I hope this continues and makes other companies interested in the console.

Also, the PSP is selling more than the Wii U in Japan.

Edited by Tmsp

The sales spike doesn't really mean much. It's a generally good Vita week but it's lesser than you'd expect (originally generously estimated around 80k especially) and it's a short term solution to a long term problem. It's still trailing behind the 3DS in weekly sales and in contrast to how much sales boosted when that got a price drop, it's still kind of pathetic.

It's going to go back to doing ~10k number in a matter of weeks and Soul Sacrifice is unlikely to keep it afloat for very long.

Maybe now Sony will start heavilly investing into software for it.

Also I'm predicting another big sales spike when Soul Sacrifice comes out. Just look at the download numbers on the demo alone (as well as ratings) theres no way thats not going to sell!

It makes me wonder even more why Sony won't consider dropping the price in Western regions, it's clearly helped a lot in Japan.

Of course the Vita also has some strong-selling Japanese games that don't appeal to audiences here as much.. so maybe that's why.