Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I prefer P4 to P3 because of the characters. They've got far more depth to 'em and are slightly less typical stereotypes. In many ways as well, the story generally feels like one massive adventure from start to finish and by the time you're facing the final boss it gives you a great sense of having transcended beyond the simple suburban life. It's almost kind of like Earthbound, it takes the normal life and pretty much twists it upside down and turns it into a crazy marvel. P3 did that as well but I feel that focused more on building to a goal you already knew was coming, where-as in P4 you never know what's coming up next.

The only thing that prevents P4 from being a 10/10 for me is that it takes too fucking long to get going. I'd almost call it worse than Okami. But frankly if you have a Vita there is absolutely no excuse not to have played it. It's quite possibly the best JRPG out there and it's impossible not to fall in love with the story and it's characters.

• Thumbs Up 3

Like, I'm struggling to think of anything bad about the game.

Lack of SP restoring items.

Oh, and the clock. The fox can go fuck itself, she asks way too much just to restore SP unlike the clock that at least restored both your HP and SP.

Lack of SP restoring items.

Oh, and the clock. The fox can go fuck itself, she asks way too much just to restore SP unlike the clock that at least restored both your HP and SP.

tumblr_m5siz3jZ891qfbkn8.png

ALL YO YENS, YIP YIP YAP

• Thumbs Up 1

Fox is cool yo. You gonna get discounts on the SP heals because you're gonna max dat social link because it's a cool fox.

Money ain't a problem when you kill a couple golden hand enemies and swim in cash and free exp. Disgaea powerleveling just two megidolas away.

Wait, there's no SP restore items in P4G? The hell?

There are, but good luck finding those Snuff Souls.

Either that or buy TaP sodas that only give you 10sp.

There is also the drug dealer fox that asks way too much for her products.

Persona 4 has stricter resource management. You're going to really ration your SP for the most part. At least until you get further into the social link with the fox, then it costs a lot less to restore your SP.

I just used a guide to get through the Fox's side-quests quickly, and started abusing it for grinding around Rank 5 or 6. It really didn't take all that long.

They might as well, no one wants the thing. I know I didn't even consider it when I was buying our Vita.

• Thumbs Up 1

My Vita is a 3G one, though the only reason it is is because it worked out a better deal than the standard Wi-Fi one. (it had more extras which saved me more in the long run).

Did anyone actually bought that version?

My Vita is a 3G one, though the only reason it is is because it worked out a better deal than the standard Wi-Fi one. (it had more extras which saved me more in the long run).

Woops.

Edited by Tmsp

I thought the 3G Vita was supposed to be better than the Wi-Fi model?

Or is there just so little benefit to having a 3G connection on the console that it's not worth it? Idk.

Did anyone actually bought that version?

Yeah me, lol.

The only reason I did was because of the following...

The Gamestop I went to (yay for summer vacation) had both the standard Wi-Fi and the 3G. The 3G model however came with the following as 'free' extras.

8GB memory card.

2 free games (which I've still to redeem).

30 days free trial to AT&T (which I've still to redeem).

Now had I done for the Wi-Fi and a memory card on it's own, I wouldn't have been saving much, so I figured I might as well paid a small extra and get the 3G version.

I was thinking of getting the 3G model for the same reason as Hogfather, But in the end I'd never use the 3G, and the list of games that are offered don't really interest me.

I thought the 3G Vita was supposed to be better than the Wi-Fi model?

Or is there just so little benefit to having a 3G connection on the console that it's not worth it? Idk.

It's the same thing, the only difference is that the 3G model supports 3G connections. 3G mostly sucks, so there's no point to it. You could use the Vita to connect to the Browser and such but, you'd never be able to play games on a 3G Connection. Basically you're paying 50 extra for something you will barely use, and you in fact have to pay for monthly to use. If you already have a phone because, it's even MORE useless because you can already do the things that a PS Vita 3G can do for the price of your monthly phone bill.

The only thing the 3G model has over the 100 dollar less version, is a 8 GB Memory Card. The standard ones come with 4 GB in most bundles. You can buy a 8 GB Vita Memory Card for 20-28 dollars, so yeah.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I thought the bonuses that came with the 3G model weren't that great? Wasn't it something like you had to sign up for a month or two of AT&T before getting your free month, and that the free downloadable games didnt arrive right away, but months later (At least initially)?

I just remember hearing about problems with the "extras."

I'd get the wifi one, because I'm not going to pay $15-$25 a month to play one or two online games every once in awhile. I'm especially not creating an AT&T account for that. XD

I'd get the wifi one, because I'm not going to pay $15-$25 a month to play one or two online games every once in awhile.

Console quality gaming on a 3G connection would be terrible.

But yeah, the monthly fees stack up and you would end up spending more in the long run. Of course, there is always the decision of just getting the free stuff.

Soul Sacrifice: ~106k

Vita: ~60k

No spike, possible decrease. Vita outsold 3DS by a slight margin this week however.

Very skeptical. I expected a bump considering SS, price drop and new bundles but at this rate it's quite possible the numbers will go back down quite fast. Media Create numbers and Famitsu numbers are reporting different things though.

Urm yeah.....

Atelier Totori Plus (Vita) Just launched on the Vita today.

With no marketting, no hype, no pre-order bonus' and not even an announcement to say that it's out. But it's live on the US store right now and can be downloaded.

It wasn't even in the PS blogs 'weekend drop' post either. It literally just came out of nowhere.

If you don't know the series, "Atelier" is an RPG series which is exclusive to the PS3 whilst not for everyone, it's considered to be a pretty good series at that.

Yet it's just been released in NA without any announcement or pre-launch hype. To give you an idea how quiet this was, the last update on the game was from a twitter post made over a year ago...

This is how Half Life 3 and Sonic Adventure 3 will be released.

Edit: It's a full western localisation too, everything is in english.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't know it was going to be released on the US, Playstation Store too, I thought it was just a Japanese port, had I known I would have cared more xD.

Edited by Noel the Gunslinger

Doing a few searches, the first anyone knew about the western release was a pegi rating that popped up about a month ago.

But why theres been no word on this at all is beyond me. It's a popular RPG series which has gotten a full english localisation and several additional features and modes from it's original version and "Oh by the way... it's out!"

It is pretty strange, I thought NISA would at least be sending out emails about it, but oh... wait...  NISA isn't the publisher for the Atelier games anymore, so that could have some reason why it wasn't being advertIsed that much.