Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Main theme is "Ignite my pain"

I'll be getting this stupid fucking console on Friday from NewEgg. Can't wait to try this shit out.

Oh and:

Capture-6_zps73dec5f4.png

Eat a dick Sony. Drop the price on these stupid cards already.

• Thumbs Up 1

Best Buy's got 16GB cards on sale for $30 if that helps.

Sure, it's only a sale, but it's a lot better than what Sony wants for it.

What? So...Can I use any card on the Vita? I thought only the official ones could be used.

Edited by Sephy

What? So...Can I use any card on the Vita? I thought only the official ones could be used.

If you want to buy overpriced cards, then sure. I made the same mistake spending like 60 bucks on an 8GB PSP memory. Apparently the off-brand 20 dollar ones work just fine.

No, that's why Solkia is telling Sony to eat a dick. They're bascially a microSD card but, they cost up to 4 times more.

• Thumbs Up 2

Only their custom ones can be used.

My point is that they are charging WAY too much for these things. The price aof a 4GB Vita card is the same price you can get a 32GB micro sd card for.

Flash memory costs a little less than a dollar per GB to produce atm. Though I read that on an article about SSDs, don't know about Micro SDs.

If you want to buy overpriced cards, then sure. I made the same mistake spending like 60 bucks on an 8GB PSP memory. Apparently the off-brand 20 dollar ones work just fine.

Better yet, get a micro sd to memory stick pro adapter. I'm currently using one on my PSP with a 16GB Micro SD.

Edited by Akihikohikoakikaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

MicroSD cards are only slightly more expensive to produce than regular sized ones, so there really is no reason Sony should be charging the price of your firstborn for their memory cards.

Damn, Autosaver! You put hope on my face till I saw you were talking about the PSP, not the Vita...I hate you :<

I'm kidding tongue.png 

MicroSD cards are only slightly more expensive to produce than regular sized ones, so there really is no reason Sony should be charging the price of your firstborn for their memory cards.

They make no money on the Vita. They need to make money elsewhere is probably the logic they're operating on......

Have we ever gotten confirmation on how much these cost to produce? The system I mean. 

I don't know about you guys, but purposely fucking over your customers doesn't seem like a very smart way to make up the difference.

Edited by Akihikohikoakikaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

They make no money on the Vita. They need to make money elsewhere is probably the logic they're operating on......

That's what I was going to say too.

Yup! Still, I don't think it should be priced ridiculously expensive. Maybe put a slight mark up. If they price is too high, people will look elsewhere for memory.

I doubt it's more than a regular SD Card.

Why would Sony manufacture something that costs more than the industry standard when it offers absolutely no perks over said industry standard? Selling PS3 at a high price cause of the BluRay drive I can understand, but this..

This is like Sony selling an exclusive PlayStation-only kind of DVD that is exactly the same as a normal DVD specs-wise but looks a bit different for like $50 more than normal DVDs.

Literally the only reason they're so expensive is that they want to make even on the hardware, and due to the SD-port size there's literally no alternative so you don't have a choice!

I didn't see a better place to post this, so yeah.

New Dragon's Crown trailer:

Witch tits.

Edited by Tmsp

I'll decide on the version depending on multiplayer features I guess? If PS3 has local multiplayer I'll definitely choose that one.

Also c'mon Vanillaware boobs are cool and stuff but this is just getting daft.

Speaking of Vanillaware. They're still releasing Muramasa on the Vita, right? Count me in on that.

Yeah it's confirmed for a new localisation too, not sure how long it'll take though considering it's all being retranslated from scratch again.

Thank god it's being relocalized, the spanish version of Muramasa had some cringeworthy typos.

I will main the amazon on Dragon's Crown and bring death by snu-snu to my enemies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Urm yeah.....

Atelier Totori Plus (Vita) Just launched on the Vita today.

With no marketting, no hype, no pre-order bonus' and not even an announcement to say that it's out. But it's live on the US store right now and can be downloaded.

It wasn't even in the PS blogs 'weekend drop' post either. It literally just came out of nowhere.

If you don't know the series, "Atelier" is an RPG series which is exclusive to the PS3 whilst not for everyone, it's considered to be a pretty good series at that.

Yet it's just been released in NA without any announcement or pre-launch hype. To give you an idea how quiet this was, the last update on the game was from a twitter post made over a year ago...

This is how Half Life 3 and Sonic Adventure 3 will be released.

Edit: It's a full western localisation too, everything is in english.

TK bought the translation and work off of NISA and translated the extra stuff themselves (which admittedly wasn't much in the grand scheme). Basically all they had to do was code all the english bits in and make sure the dual audio worked. Though it does sound like Totori's "Barrel" voice in english got re-recorded, so she sounds passionate instead of adoring of barrels.

From the way it seems, they didn't have enough money to make a simple press release or a trailer on the PS Blog (let alone their own website or facebook page), but they had enough to translate and code the game, pay for QA, work with Sony to get the game approved for sale among the tall list of other things it takes to release a game.

TK isn't even making an attempt to sell the Atelier series in other countries seeing as the Ayesha website just got up yesterday (or early this morning), WELL OVER A FUCKING WEEK FROM WHEN THE GAME RELEASED.

Virtue's Last Reward is available for Euro on PS+ so if you have a Vita you better download it and play it or I'll stab you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently Terraria could have a Vita release just like it's coming out for PS3 and 360. Personally I'm not that interested on it but it'd bode well for their next game, Starbound, and that one does interest me greatly.

If it's ever finished.

Virtue's Last Reward is available for Euro on PS+ so if you have a Vita you better download it and play it or I'll stab you.

Gotta get around to beating 999 then.