Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Hugely misleading. I'm pretty sure by now the Vita will have reached 3 or 4 million.

That's higher, but it's still laughable in comparison to 29.84 million (which is actually higher now, since that number is from December).

Hugely misleading. I'm pretty sure by now the Vita will have reached 3 or 4 million.

Not even 4. The June numbers were recorded right before the numbers reached an all time low and was at one point selling under the PSP. The Vita was doing around 4k weekly in Japan up until this year with the price drop and a few big games. It's only substantial week in the west was last year's Black Friday week where it only sold 160k. Historically speaking most of last year's numbers reported in Sony's handheld division are numbers that they owe themselves to the PSP.

3 million shipped, maybe. But the only reason the numbers stand at 2.2 is because Sony refuses to come out with the numbers shipped and individual trackers have been the only thing to go by which have not been impressive.

It also fails to take into account the age difference of the consoles, which directly impacts the numbers sold both by sheer time and more importantly by game availability.  Also holiday seasons tend to improve sales.  I'm not surprised the 3DS is ahead, it's a year older, and the Vita's no Wii - and even the Wii took a year to catch up to XBox's one-year lead.

ETA: not disparaging the Vita; the Wii just sold like nobody's business.

Edited by Thrippa

EDIT: Okay nevermind, Maverick Hunter X is actually pretty good.  AC: Silent Line looks like shit though.

Edited by Solkia

I can't sign into PSN on my Vita :( it's giving me the error code NP-8098-5, anyone else having this problem? It happened after I installed the new firmware. (and yep I've tried turning it off and on again)

Carphone Warehouse are selling the 3G Vita for only £179

Includes the following 8GB memory card for free.

Now it also includes a Vodaphone sim card. If you top it up with £5, you also get Wipeout 2048 as a reward, so if you have no intention of using Vodaphone, it's worth doing just for the epically cheap game.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/entertainment-accessories/gaming/consoles/buy/SON-PS-VITA-3G

I was able to get on and purchase Maverick Hunter X, maybe Sony Europe messed something up.

EDIT: A guy on the Sony forums suggests restarting the system.

Edited by Solkia

¡Todos!

Compren Guacamelee!

Es bueno.

Also VLR up for grabs in EU PS+ you guys should probably get this too.

• Thumbs Up 3

New trailer for that Dragon's Crown game. Also if this game gets it's own topic... I demand it have the words "Boob Physics 4.0" in the title.

• Thumbs Up 1

New trailer for that Dragon's Crown game. Also if this game gets it's own topic... I demand it have the words "Boob Physics 4.0" in the title.

It's on PS3 too! Must... buy... now!

And I remember the days where Rouge's physics were something that were focused on.

Anyone else think they overdid it a wee much? I don't think breasts move around that much... I mean, I'm a guy, but... still. My academic career is telling me to be a wee bit confused at this physics engine.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

That... That is fucking ridiculous...

That Knight was pretty fucking awesome though.

Goddamn a good half those characters look retarded. Where's my gargantuan ballsack male warrior character, gah.

Well the /game/ looks interesting I guess, but not really sold on the characters. I'm already pretty sick of "hey we need big boobed flashy ladies as a must!" mentality in most games, but holy shit. I mean they even have a seperate "asszilla" woman, it's fucking stupid.

I'm already pretty sick of "hey we need big boobed flashy ladies as a must!"

I don't understand, I thought we wanted characters who had boobs bigger than their own head?

But I get what you mean, even for a fantasy game from Japan, even when you get past their size, why do they annimate like that?

Dude, that looks so ridicoulous and awesome at the same time. Seems like a great game to play for laughstongue.png

I love Vanillaware and their games but jesus christ this game has gone too far on the ridiculous boobs department- This is one game where I actually would not mind censoring in the localisation, however editing spritework is difficult and time consuming.

And on that note, you guys keep sayin "boob physics" but since it's spritework there's no physics involved, just drawings.

If you think those boobs are ridiculous, you don't visit deviantART enough.

I'm not really interested in Dragon's Crown. It doesn't look that great to me.

Believe me I've been to DeviantArt and I do not speak of the things I've seen.

But the point is those things probably shouldn't ever get to near-DeviantArt levels in published video games ):

I don't know about you, but I can name several games that do breast animations and sizes just as bad or even worse (Dead or Alive Extreme and KoF: Maximum Impact come to mind), this is pretty tame from what I can see. 

Though I agree with Wolfy on the Barbarian lady. We have a girl who puts Chun-li's thighs to shame on several levels of "why"

Why are you guys surprised? VanillaWare has always had ridiculous characters like that in their games. Just look at Odette from Odin Sphere or Kongiku in Muramasa. It's almost, like, their design philosophy to amp up a character's physical traits if they're supposed to be muscular or sexy. Or both.

Game still looks fun though. Probably going to pick it up when it comes out.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

Are you guys seriously discussing about tit sizes?

I mean from everything you saw in the trailer the most interesting stuff to discuss its her melons size?

She can transform enemies into frogs or turn them against each others and even airdash.

I'm definitely gonna get it anyway since I loved both Odin Sphere and Muramasa but I'm just saiyin it's getting a liittle too ridiculous for me.

Tits are life. Deal with it.

It baffles me how the same people who made Muramasa could also make... that. 

yeah

how could they change so drastically their artstyle

197882-os_odette86kst.jpgmdb-illust-kongiku.jpg

how could they

• Thumbs Up 1