Awoo.

SEGA Rally Online Arcade for PSN and XBLA

Shaddix Leto Croft

SEGA of Europe and America just announced that there is a new SEGA Rally game coming out....for XBLA and PSN =D just after I buy SEGA Rally 2 for my Dreamcast aswell XD

Press Release:

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (31st Jan 2010)— SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. announced today that SEGA Rally Online Arcade™, a new HD title inspired by SEGA Rally Revo™ and SEGA Rally 3™, will be racing onto PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in 2011. SEGA’s arcade and console favourite will include a collection of new features, including the ability for gamers to race their friends online!

“We’ve blended our hit arcade racing series with the best elements from the console versions to bring our fans the SEGA Rally experience in compact, downloadable format,” said Haruki Satomi, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA. “Whether they’re new to the SEGA Rally series or they’ve participated in countless races over the years, we’re confident everyone will enjoy the wide variety of features included in this fan favourite.”

SEGA Rally Online Arcade™ brings back all the features players could want from the popular arcade and console racer, including Championship Battle mode and Time Attack, while adding an exciting online racing mode that lets players battle it out with up to five drivers around the world. Featuring a brand new achievement system, 13 rally cars to choose from and online leaderboards, SEGA Rally Online Arcade will deliver lap after lap of intense rally action when it arrives on consoles in 2011.

For more information on SEGA Rally Online Arcade, please visit SEGA

For press assets please visit SEGA Press

About SEGA® Europe Ltd.:

SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s web site is located at www.sega-europe.com.

About SEGA® of America Inc.:

SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s Web site is located at www.sega.com.

And Screenshots

0176.png0014.png

http://blogs.sega.co...011/01/0039.png

http://blogs.sega.co...011/01/0103.png

http://blogs.sega.co...011/01/0135.png

http://blogs.sega.co...011/01/0165.png

I'm quite hyped now after seeing these screens I can't wait for a trailer =D nice to see a new SEGA Rally be released =D.

Edited by Shaddix Nukem

I hope this is better than SEGA Rally (or SEGA Rally Revo as it's called in the U.S.) on PS3, Xbox 360, PC and PSP.

330493ps.gif

I bought it for the PS3 at around the time of launch at nearly full price and didn't enjoy it. I tried my best with it and wanted to enjoy it so much, but no matter how hard I tried I would always swerve everywhere and barely had any control over the car. It was frustrating. I tried analogue control and Six-Axis motion control, but neither was any better than the other. I played one of the Arcade SEGA Rally games when me and my wife were on holiday in 2009 and that was much better, I had a lot of fun with it. Hope this one impresses :)

This announcement has been bothering me since it came out, and I couldn't place my finger on exactly why that was. Which makes it convenient that GamesRadar did it for me.

Sega Rally 3 in the arcades (which I played in Germany - never seen it in the UK), is almost identical to the Xbox 360 and PS3 version of Sega Rally. Same engine, same graphical style... even some of the same tracks. They were developed in tandem, so they're virtually the same game. The press release for the new game says:

"SEGA’s arcade and console favorite will include a collection of new features, including the ability for gamers to race their friends online!"

...which Revo could do already. The press release also says:

“We’ve blended our hit arcade racing series with the best elements from the console versions to bring our fans the SEGA Rally experience in compact, downloadable format,” said Haruki Satomi, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA.

...Which, again, Revo can do already. What's more 'compact and downloadable' than a downloadable package on PSN and Xbox 360? Hmmm. Looking at the name and the content, logic suggests that this will be a bite-sized, quick-play oriented version, much like having an online-enabled arcade cabinet in your console. If it's cheap, it could get some gamers interested who don't feel like taking the plunge and buying the full-fat Revo experience. But for everyone else, it's not offering much that's new.

Edited by Tornado

It's Sega Rally 3, which was, in turn, Sega Rally Revo with a different style of time-limited and checkpoint-based gameplay and a new course. Let's examine the evidence in pictures (that's right, guys; PICTURES - ooooooooooooh):

Sega Rally 3:

ARC_SEGARally3.jpg

sr3-screenshot-072.jpg

Sega Rally Online Arcade:

0103.png

0165.png

Using what appears to be almost identical graphics, courses, and display interfaces.

Seeing as Sega Rally 3 is, in all essence, a modded Sega Rally Revo, wouldn't it be a hell of a lot easier for Sega to release the extra content as DLC? And, seeing as the arcade machine that SR3 runs off it merely a modded PC, wouldn't it be easier to provide said DLC on the PC first?

Sometimes, I literally despair over Sega's undeniably wacky marketing decisions...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

SEGA RALLY Online Arcade Out Next Week On XBLA

5711300055_4f898ee135_b.jpg

SEGA Rally Online Arcade has a release date and a price!

Coming this May 18th to Xbox Live Arcade, SEGA Rally Online Arcade is our HD racing game, bred from the DNA of SEGA Rally Revo and SEGA Rally 3.

The game will be available for a mere 800 MSP. The game is also still coming to PlayStation Network, and we’ll provide a release date for that as soon as we’re able.

SROA combines the arcade feel of off-road racing with realistic driving physics for a unique experience. There’s lots of single player play, cars and tracks and modes to unlock, and of course a heavy focus on online play. The game releases just a week from now on XBLA, so stay tuned for more info!

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

It won't have all of the cars that Revo and SR3 had, mainly due to the fact that the WRC license is active, so whichever cars are currently racing in the WRC, SEGA couldn't use them in SROA.

Not a bad selection of cars though..enough to offer a little variety, I guess.

Yeah. What I said in post #4 still about covers it, really.

Honestly I'd rather have this than SEGA Rally 1 ported since it's on PC and Dreamcast something new than old plus I think SEGA Rally 1 won't do too well on XBL or PSN so best option is to make a small arcade online game based on Rally 3 and Revo plus SEGA could branch out to other gamers who never played SEGA Rally before so I think this is a good move to get new SEGA Rally fans via XBL and PSN :). porting SEGA Rally Champioship wouldn't of done too well since it's aged badly in graphics and amount of stages.