Awoo.

New Sonic plushies due to be released in June!

MizukiMoon

Actually, Robotnik got a retarded looking plush years ago with Toy Factory's Sonic X line:

bsonicnew_06.jpg

(You really need to see the face. That's the boatload of horrors there.)

Now compare that to SEGA's own Sonic X plush version of Robotnik:

eggman.jpg

(Who I might say, looks like a plush Teddy Roosevelt in this stock image. Oh, the irony.)

I'm guessing our mad scientist got miffed after the Toy Factory fiasco and threatened anyone to pass anything bearing an image in his likeness through his high-standard rigorous consumer guidelines. I say most failed or bowed down due to his promising threat via being blast out of a cannon into space.

I can say, however, Sonic must have some low standards to have such junk with his face slapped on it. ;)

These pictures are still better than that Super Sonic and Silver crap, IMO.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Blazey Firekitty

• ovarloard

• Eileanach

Except there's one big difference :P....

The fans know he's not really silver

lol....ahh poor Silver, poor guy needs more love :( , these are probaly going in the mutant plush section at sonic gear.

Would have loved to get Super Sonic, but I refuse to buy something so poorly made. Maybe I'll see it in a claw machine when I head down the shore this summer.

Which toy company is behind these plushies anyway? I hope it's not Toy Network...Hopefully these are just prototype photos, With the real thing looking much better quality.

lol....ahh poor Silver, poor guy needs more love :( , these are probaly going in the mutant plush section at sonic gear.

I agree Silver needs more love. He's like Raiden from the MGS series, a cutie who's been hated too much. He needs more love. <3

Some of the responses to the Silver plush made me LOL.

Fuck Silver, where's mah Blaze plush? She's been in loads more games than he has.

Woah those Eggman plushies are... rather disturbing but at least the Sega Sonic X one doesn't look THAT bad. >_<;

Woah those Eggman plushies are... rather disturbing but at least the Sega Sonic X one doesn't look THAT bad. >_<;

The SEGA Robotnik one is top class in style, as I have one myself. I guess the house special always ends up being of high quality. Actually there are two Robotnik dolls that use the same pattern, both are by SEGA:

The Sonic X one:

sonicxeggman.jpg

And the Sonic Adventure Robotnik:

dr.eggman-ad1.jpg

(This version however has his black stripes.)

Also, SEGA put out a line of U.F.O. Mario plushies promoting Super Mario Sunshine which were also of top notch quality. I really wished they would jump back in the game and do another Sonic/Mario series.

P1570761.JPG

(Yes. This Toad is brought to you by SEGA.)

Sad thing is that I was looking forward to some sort of Silver Plush, but after what I've seen, I now cringe at the idea. Isn't is a bit sad that Cream and Big seemed to have a bit more work done to them while the others... well suck?

Please tell me that the Silver and Super Sonic ones aren't genuine releases? D= They look like poorly-done fanmade ones.

Toyglobe is a retailer, why would a retailer be stocking fan-made items?

I'm acctualy liking that Tails one. Though the Silver and Super Sonic ones look... depressing.

The image itself is crappy and some are stretched, so...I still think they look weird but Shadow might look ok if the image wasn't stretched. Silver Sonic, Silver and Super Sonic are just weird O_O

The Tails one looks like he's been on a bit of a diet, I like it, The silver and Super Sonic ones however are just tacky, why not just go with yellow and a light grey those would look far better.

Tails isn't too bad, but his tails are too small.

Still looks better than some of the others. Sonic and Shadow's heads are vertically squished, and Silver and Super Sonic look... well...

So despite looking like a dogs dinner, is anyone actually going to place an order? only that silver sonic one looks oddly appealing to me. lol don't know why, but even the really really bad ones look slightly appealing.

I'm just as well off going to Great America (a theme park here in Cali) and trying to play one of those ring toss carnival games for $2 a throw. I get one ring over a bottle cap, I get a small Sonic plushie that actually looks like Sonic (or the character it's supposed to be)! For two, I can get a large plushie, but they don't look as "realistic" as their smaller versions do.

Aww, they didn't make them look any better then =( Still, I'm gonna be getting them asap, but I'm not paying £13.99 each, I'll wait and get them cheaper on ebay, I'm sure eventually ebay UK will be flooded with them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump but I just wanted to say I got the Super Sonic one. It actually looks a fair deal better then the one pictured on page one too. He doesn't have a happy smile, it's more of frown. Also his eyes look much more pissed off looking then the one shown in the picture. I guess you could say he has a Shadow expression on his face, but I think that suits Super Sonic more then a happy expression. His spines are all facing up like Super Sonics should. I was also happy to see he wasn't under stuffed. Sometimes plushies end up looking like disfigured mutant versions of the characters they're based off of simply because the manufacturer cheaped out on the stuffing. Thankfully that's not the case here. The only thing that looks a little off is that his legs are just a bit too long. It really isn't that big of a deal though. i was afraid that the thing would arrive looking like one of those ugly plushies you win in claw machines at WildWood, but other then the legs being a bit too long and them using gold material instead of yellow I'm happy with it.

Also I'm pretty sure these are official plushies. Mine came with tags on it and everything. I could try taking some pics and posting them if anyone cares. No promises though, I'm not too computer savvy. :(

Good to hear that a decent Super plushie exists.