Awoo.

Sonic The Hedgehog: Original Soundtracks 20th Anniversary Editions

Woun

Oh, so it's not the full soundtrack. And I almost considered getting this, too.

It also bombs for not having Leading Lights.

Well there you go, all you Adventure-fans out there. Seems like Sega didn't forget about your favorite Sonic games after all (you know, as opposed to how people in the Sonic Generations thread talked about how Sega supposedly only cares about the classic fans these days...). Now you're happy, the classsic fans are happy, im happy, hes happy, shes happy, they're happy, Sega's happy, and wherever he way be, im sure Jesus is happy as well. :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I'm just happy to have some form of Sonic Adventure music on CD. It may not be the whole soundtrack, but I'd rather get this than spend hundreds of dollars on the original soundtrack with the possibility of it really being a bootleg after I purchase it.

Well there you go, all you Adventure-fans out there. Seems like Sega didn't forget about your favorite Sonic games after all (you know, as opposed to how people in the Sonic Generations thread talked about how Sega supposedly only cares about the classic fans these days...). Now you're happy, the classsic fans are happy, im happy, hes happy, shes happy, they're happy, Sega's happy, and wherever he way be, im sure Jesus is happy as well. :)

I think the Adventure fans want a new Adventure-styled game. I'm not sure a re-release of an old soundtrack, as nice as it is, is enough to make them happy on the same level as the classic fans (but then again, is the appearance of Classic Sonic enough to make the classic fans happy?)

Anyway, what I mean is... yes they haven't forgotten Sonic Adventure, but that was already known seeing they re-re-released the game recently. But personally just re-releases won't make me feel any better. It's like when they re-re-re-release Sonic 1; that doesn't make the classic fans particularly happy (by that I mean most don't care).

• Thumbs Up 2

So whats soo special about this? are they new mixes or are they new arragments or just re-releases?

Seems kind of pointless to release a stripped down version of the original soundtrack with a new cover.

I think the Adventure fans want a new Adventure-styled game. I'm not sure a re-release of an old soundtrack, as nice as it is, is enough to make them happy on the same level as the classic fans (but then again, is the appearance of Classic Sonic enough to make the classic fans happy?)

Anyway, what I mean is... yes they haven't forgotten Sonic Adventure, but that was already known seeing they re-re-released the game recently. But personally just re-releases won't make me feel any better. It's like when they re-re-re-release Sonic 1; that doesn't make the classic fans particularly happy (by that I mean most don't care).

Edited by batson

So whats soo special about this? are they new mixes or are they new arragments or just re-releases?

Seems kind of pointless to release a stripped down version of the original soundtrack with a new cover.

From the sounds of it they're nothing new. But nice to have? Most definitely. Now that I have a job I'll defo buy these.

• 1 month later...

Box art and complete information about the album - Sonic Adventure Original Soundtrack 20th Anniversary Edition.

Lol, I love how at first it seems to be including all of Sonic's story music chronologically then about halfway through they're like "oh crap running out of space" and just throw in a handful from the latter half and then the last story soundtrack.

Thanks a lot! I'm now hearing it in youtube =)

Edited by Tatsumaki

Hell i just completed my "complete version" soundtrack for SA1 today and this 20th anniversary OST compared to the OST i completed is crap!

118 tracks btw!

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Woo! Glad to hear this. They may be very cut down editions, but I don't mind. For someone like me who doesn't really collect the soundtracks, they're going to be fun to get.

Oh great another one? whats cut out of this one this time?

There will be a single track. C:

There will be a single track. C:

And it will be "We Can"

Lol, if there's any track that can get cut from the CD, it's We bloody Can.

Oh hey, I have the original Heroes OST (it's my only game OST, I do have the official My Neighbour Totoro OST though). Who knows, I might get the 20th Anniversary edition just for laughs.

SA1 and SA2...meh, some good tracks, but not something I'm crazy for. I mean, no E.G.G.M.A.N or Dilapidated Way? Fail...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Clearly the 3 minutes Cannon's Core song quickly gathers the 3 tracks (2'+2'+3') without too many loopings... Cooperation (2nd phase) doesn't even appear on the list.