Awoo.

Does the Adventure series still stack up?

Kuzu

I thought it was fine, it's a 1998/9 game. With the DX-Version it becomes bothersome to me.

I liked it in 1999, but we're talking modern day here. Plus, you can skip the cutscenes in DX.

[url=http://cube.ign.com/articles/324/324321p2.html]And then bashed it in their review of the GameCube port a year later, with Matt Cassamina even ] Perhaps Sonic Adventure 2 is just the Sonic 4: Episode I of the 3-D games?

Nah, Unlike sonic 4, Adventure was amazing in it's own way. It stepped out of the light kinda like Adventure one did but basically said I'm the best game on the dreamcast. Which to me it was then came power stone 2 and MVC2 but that's for a different topic. This is why game critics are useless. Adventure one was released like 6 times right? And everytime after the original back in 99, it somehow became an even worst game than before even though nothing changed about it. Now if it were I don't know Call of duty. Oh critcs would praise the rerelease of COD even though nothing (including graphics) changed.

even though nothing changed about it.

Except a lot. New, shinier, and arguably uglier models were introduced in DX. After that, each subsequent release has gotten glitchier. The "fixes" for these glitches have actually made them worse. And now we have a lack of widescreen, something that could be done with 2 lines of code.

None of the glaring flaws from the original have been fixed. It keeps looking worse and worse.

Edited by Sky

Adventure one was released like 6 times right? And everytime after the original back in 99, it somehow became an even worst game than before even though nothing changed about it.

There were things changed about it, and most of the things that were changed did make the game worse.

I liked it in 1999, but we're talking modern day here. Plus, you can skip the cutscenes in DX.

Just saying that stock animations for blocky character models are appropriate. For the DX Models it looks akward,and a sloppy attempt to modernise something.

Nah, Unlike sonic 4, Adventure was amazing in it's own way. It stepped out of the light kinda like Adventure one did but basically said I'm the best game on the dreamcast. Which to me it was then came power stone 2 and MVC2 but that's for a different topic. This is why game critics are useless. Adventure one was released like 6 times right? And everytime after the original back in 99, it somehow became an even worst game than before even though nothing changed about it. Now if it were I don't know Call of duty. Oh critcs would praise the rerelease of COD even though nothing (including graphics) changed.

When I said that it was like Sonic 4, I meant that the opinions of both professional critics and fans are very divided on it. Not that this fanbase can completely agree on anything, of course. And SA1 was rereleased three times (counting the PC version) and, like I said, it DID get worse. I don't know about the PC version, but I have played the XBLA port. The controls are more slippery, the camera is more frustrating, and there are a lot more annoying glitches. I've heard that the GC version has a lot of the same problems, but I have had no personal experience with it.

Edited by T-Man