Awoo.

THE PIZZA TOPIC

\Lennox

So Papa John's arrived in the Philippines. Several people claim that their pizza is HORRIBLE. Us Filipinos, we usually top our pizza with pork barbecue, deep-fried pork belly, and we've even gone as far as putting hot wings onto the pie itself!

My favorite pizza has to be Co. Pane in New York. Caramelized onions and bacon with bechamel have never done pizza justice than before.

Here in Manila, Sala Bistro has their forest ham and gruyere. But all the upscale Italian restaurants have excellent ones, for me.

So what do you usually top yours with?

Pepperoni.

Now before you start calling me bland, you have to understand, I am in love with Pepperoni. Pure love. Literally the whole pizza FILLED with the stuff. I have gone out of my way to learn how to make pizza, just so I could slice some 'roni up and bake it into the crust itself, then make it a stuffed crust.

Stuffed with Pepperonis.

Also picked bannana peppers, dry sausage, mushrooms, olives, and generally more pepperoni will go on that shit if I happen to have some/all of that.

This is also what I like on sandwiches.

• Thumbs Up 7

My toppings = vegetables. Sweetcorn, onions, peppers etc. No olives. I don't understand eating hot olives. We tend to always get Dominos Pizza because we only get pizza as takeaway (not often). I've had Pizza Express pizza and some other restaurants...but yeah. I don't go out for pizza, it's a back-up, lazy food for me. I do like making my own puff-pastry pizza from time to time too.

Edited by Mollfie

I fucking love pizza. Domino's Mighty Meaty is by far the best pizza you can get. I'll generally go for either a meat feast or farmhouse, depending on what's on offer. I've been to Pizza Express, but only once. It's too middle class for my liking.

Just dow the road from my parents house in France there's the most amazing pizzeria. The thinnest crust topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella, créme fraiche and loads of shellfish and smoked salmon. They're the best pizzas I've ever had. That said, I also adore Domino's pizzas. Any topping except pineapple really. Pineapple is one of my favourite fruits, but to stick it on a pizza? No... just, no. Recently a Domino's opened up at the centre so I've gotten into the habit of ordering from them whenever I can. They may be about 200 calories in every slice, and I usually get two large ones, but oh wellz =P.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pizza's awesome. I usually order a stuffed crust with varying toping choices from Pizza hut every so often with a side of Mountain dew on fridays. Nothing beats kickin' back with a pizza and watching all the DBz Kai eps you recorded on the DVR the past week man.

My second place of choice is Dominoes, they've really stepped their game up in terms of taste, and their Brooklyn style Pizza really fills you up if you're on empty.

Well, I live in Italy, so I love pizza. It's almost as if that is in my D.N.A, I guess. I usually like to eat Pizza Margherita, and I don't really like frozen pizzas...they look (and taste) so...artificial, if you know what I mean.

I tried something that was promoted as "American Pizza" once, but it left a sad taste in my mouth, literally.

In the city where I live, we don't have these "fancy" food chains, just normal pizzerias, and I couldn't be happier.

I think that pizzas should be cooked with feelings of passion, cause eating is a pleasure, and eating Pizza, the pizza you like, is even more of a pleasure, it is a creed, a wonderful feeling of fulfilment and satisfaction.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have pineapple on my pizzas. Love it. Yeah I said it!

Normally, I have pineapple, roast chicken, sausage, bacon, a little bit more tomato and some bbq sauce.

I'm hungry now.

For years, cheese and tomato pizza was always my fave, went through crazes of having it every single night for my tea, until I got to the stage where I hated it :lol:

Tried ham and mushroom pizza last year, and I must say, I can't believe I went years of refusing to try any other pizza toppings- what I was missing out on!! Ham and mushroom beats margarita by miles!

Love pizza. Still one of my favorite meals today. However, I only buy whole grain 'cause pizza from white flour doesn't fill me up at all.

Regarding toppings, I love mushrooms, pineapple, ham, and anything spicy like Mexican chorizo and jalapeños. That said, I still prefer a good ol' cheese pizza (with extra cheese and extra sauce, mind you :lol:).

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Jalapeños.

Other than that, I love pizza that's coated with meat, meat and more meat. Ramp up the pepperoni tenfold and you've got an instant winner. The best pizza I've ever had is/was the Domino's (yeah, it's usually pretty bad but this was GODLY) Meateor. It had an absolute ton of meat on it, stuffed crust and a juicy helping of BBQ sauce on it's base...so good. Now most Domino's have dis-continued it. ¬_¬

But Jalapeños, loads of 'em. I love them to bits.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love pizza. My favourite pizza's are the ones made by Frankie & Benny's, especially their BBQ Meatball pizza. The meatballs served there are giant pork and beef ones, and for the pizza they slice them up. They're absolutely delicious and their barbecue sauce is the best I've ever tasted.

Me and my wife have also been enjoying Domino's pizza for the past year until the past five or so times we've ordered in the last few months. These past few months they've really disappointed us, because first the bread seemed to have changed for a short time and it tasted and felt like cardboard, but that changed back after a couple of orders over a few weeks. The past two months we've ordered a few times and the barbecue sauce seems to have changed, so now it's really really thick and gooey and tastes weird. I used to enjoy their barbecue sauce and dipping their chicken strippers and wedges in it, as well as enjoying it on their Meateor pizza.

We last ordered Domino's earlier this week and the sauce was still awful, but now the chicken strippers and wedges tasted and looked cheap, and nowhere near as good as usual. So, now we've decided to not order from them again. I don't know if it's just our local branch, but I'd have thought recipes etc would be a company wide thing. Maybe we'll try again later in the year to see if things have improved.

I'm from the state where pizza was first made, of course I like it. I usually like plain pizza. I like pizza from local pizzerias, because the chain ones are not so good. Local pizzerias know how to make pizza.

• Thumbs Up 3

There is this pizza restaurant, that my family usually goes to. And theres this pizza that has Parmesan,Prosciutto and garden rocket, that pizza was pure awesomeness of all. The first time I ate it was epic, and still is.

Edited by Alex2beta

Not much local Pizzarias that are around, (Not good ones anyway...) So we often settle on chains. The main problem though? My family is a bunch of Picky eaters, so no Dominos, or Pizza Hut cause they both suck. On our way back home from a trip, we stopped at this awesome Pizzaria where the pizza was freshly made and had strips of bacon on it! It was delicious.

What are my favorite toppings? Anything meat pretty much, pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon, that kinda stuff. No vegtables though, I never have vegtables on my pizza cause Vegtables suck on pizza. :P I've also tried pineapple on pizza though. While everyone told me how good it was, I tried to see for myself...blech. I hate it.

Like Galaxy Man, I'm obsessed with pepperoni goodness. Just gimme some of that and I'm good to go. Hamburger meat on the side of it too would be a definite treat. I'm also a huge fan of supreme pizza and meat-lover pizza, but eating those all depend on which ingredients the certain chef / company makes the pizza with. Thincrust is also my favorite kind of pizza; crunchy, satisfying, and I can eat LOADS of it without getting sick. It's a win-win situation! :D

..however, even if I love pepperoni so much AND I love thincrust so much, this is my dream pizza: Bacon, spinach and mushrooms. Just LOAD them on there with lots of tomato sauce and cheese too. Gotta make sure it's deep dish with thick crust that has bacon and such also cooked into it. Just... I'm in love. <3

Answering back again, I've avoided eating pizzas at typical chains, because nine out of ten, the quality sucks. So instead, I look up places where there's some really good pizza, particularly famous pizza restaurants and mom-and-pop shops that have very good reps.

One of them is near my home just a few blocks away. The pizza is thinly crusted, but there's fresh mozzarella, tomato sauce, and even chopped up basil. Yummy! Another pizza restaurant does the same thing, except it's brick-oven. NO pizza tops one that's baked in a brick oven. You'll get that great char that makes the pizza crunch whereas gas ovens will cause the pizza to release a sometimes less-than-appetizing grease from the cheese and bread.

Also, while on a solo busfan trip, I bumped into another one in southern Brooklyn. They had some really good whole grain pizza, AND it's baked in a brick oven. Very crunchy, and it filled me up after one slice for a good four hours (something white-flour pizza doesn't do unless I eat half a medium-sized pie).

I like pizza from local pizzerias, because the chain ones are not so good. Local pizzerias know how to make pizza.

I absolutely agree. Local pizza shops are a thousand times better than chains. There's this little one a mile or two away from me that is just to die for, homemade sauces and dough... it's just the best. There's another little pizzeria farther away that is also just amazing. It smells so good when you walk in... mmmm... I am so hungry now.

Anyway, my toppings? I tend to favor anything with sausage, bacon, capicola, black olives, or green peppers. But I'll pretty much eat any toppings on pizza. It's all in the sauce, anyway, that makes it good.

• Thumbs Up 2

Christ almighty this is the first time I've ever heard of people liking Domino's. I guess Sonic fans enjoy eating cardboard.

I really hate the really big pizza chains. They're all varying degrees of disgusting. Pizza Hut isn't completely terrible, but I can't stand how greasy it is. Local pizzerias is where it's at. There's one, Anthony's, which uses coal to make their pizzas and it's absolutely amazing. A little family-run one just opened up really close last summer and that's become the place to go for me. The crust is so wonderfully crispy, the cheese is delicious, and there's just the right amount of sauce.

As for toppings, I'll eat just about anything on my pizza except seafood. It just depends on what I'm in the mood for that day. Meat is always great, but Hawaiian pizza is another favorite.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, local Pizzarias tend to be awesome... depending on who's running it anyway. The only Pizza Chain we order from is Little Cesars, and even then, it's not that great compared to Pizzarias.

The sad thing is that in my town, all the Local Pizzarias are bought out by big bussinesses and then the quality starts to deteriorate. Eh, big bussiness... They have to ruin all sorts of good things don't they?

It should be pointed out that even the major chains vary wildly in production quality depending on the country and specific franchise owner. My experience with a Spanish Burger King is something I never hope you encounter - it took us almost an hour to get our food and by the time we got it it was stone cold. :(((

My personal favourite is the Meat Feast(?) from Pizza Hut with the Cheesy Bites crust. I don't get it all that often though.

Pizza is only good by default when it's covered in legit mozzarella. Not the imitation rubbish. I mean real grated mozzarella or slices or pieces of mozzarella torn from a boule of it.

And to top it all off, the following toppings or a combination of them; tomato sauce with basil in it, Garlic sauce, meatballs, olives, spinach (It's goddamn tasty on pizza), ham, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, sausage, chicken, ground beef WITHOUT chilli, pastrami, tuna, prawns.

Those are what I can think of that are extremely tasty. I don't like anything chilli-hot, so jalapenos, chilli sauce and spicy meat is out.

I'll never understand chicken on pizza. Chicken just isn't something you have with cheese and tomato. Seafood and red meat make sense, but not chicken, just made a pizza super boring to me, even though I loved chicken.

Before becoming a vegetarian I loved Meatballs on Pizza, or Pizza Hut's beef and red onion. Also non-chain pizza place "Pronto Pizza" in Bath who were rather fancy (they didn't even pre-slice their pizzas for you, and had REALLY middle class sides - loved it) did an amazing tuna pizza.

Nowadays I tend to like Domino's pizza with double mozerella, sweetcorn, and whatever other veggie stuff I feel like (love nachos but my local dominos doesn't do that topping).

Random note: Pizza is the only thing courgette is delicious on. Though only in small amounts.

But yes, whatever pizza I have, it has to be extra cheesy for me. And if the cheese is bright yellow with little spots of brown all over it, all the better for deliciousness. Most of my pizza comes from Domino's, who, honestly, were revolutionary to me due to being my first experience of garlic bread in mini pizza form, and dips for dunking crusts in, something honestly I cannot comprehend why more people don't copycat.