Awoo.

THE PIZZA TOPIC

\Lennox

Chicken just isn't something you have with cheese and tomato.

I think this is the saddest thing that ever done got said. Have you seriously never had like a chicken sandwich with cheese and tomato? Or just a pile of chicken with cheese and tomato just slopped on top? They go great together.

• Thumbs Up 2

The lady and I order a half ham & pineapple, half tomato pie about every other Friday from a local place along with a salad. Toss in a couple of beers and a movie, and you've got a good Friday night. B)

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Chicken on Pizza is especially good with white/garlic sauce and mushrooms and sweetcorn. I think they call that a "Polo" Pizza. 'Tis delicious :P

I've never really liked pineapple on pizza. The pineapple pieces on the pizza's i've had have been quite juicy and their astringent juice tends to overpower the flavors of the other toppings as well as make the cheese go extra stringy and the base a bit damper.

This topic is full of win. The only downside is now I'm really craving a Pizza with all the toppings that people are mentioning on it at once. 8<

• Thumbs Up 2

A few people have mentioned it already... What is this sweet corn topping you all speak of? :huh: Through all my years, I've never seen corn on pizza, Heck I've never even heard of corn on pizza.

Eh, doubt I'll ever try it, cause I can't stand veggies and natural grown stuff on my pizza. Never really liked cooked vegtables personally so that probably doesn't help.

Edited by The Stinking Recolor

I think this is the saddest thing that ever done got said. Have you seriously never had like a chicken sandwich with cheese and tomato? Or just a pile of chicken with cheese and tomato just slopped on top? They go great together.

I have and they just don't go to me. Tomato and cheese makes me think of pasta dishes like bolognase or lasagne (which of course have red meat). Chicken (or, fake chicken for me now lol) is something I have with creamy sauces.

I will admit though, for a while in my life there was a PARTICULAR brand of chicken and pesto frozen pizza I adored, but I think I ate it so much I got bored of it, lol.

Edited by JezMM

Hearing some of the toppings mentioned here from other countries has me curious to try them. I remember a couple months back I looked at the U.S. Domino's website and was shocked to see how different the menu is to the UK one.

Have a look and compare folks, it's very interesting how different they are.

UK:

http://www.dominos.co.uk/menu/pizza/default.aspx

U.S.:

http://www.dominos.com/pages/menu.jsp#all

Domino's is total crap, their sauce is crusty and their cheese tastes artificial.

New York's got the best pizza around. Thanks Italians!

There's like a hundred places called Ray's Pizza in New York, but I swear by this one Ray's in Jersey. They don't even deliver but they always have business. The sauce must use meat because it's awesome and the cheese is all imported.

Far as my ideal slice goes, anything but sausage pretty much. That brown chewy sausage is too chunky for me I don't like it. I do mushrooms or olives (black or green) and pepperoni is good too. And extra cheese.

My fave slice is a white slice, no sauce, but with basil and tomato slices cooked on top of the cheese. They put little scoops of ricotta on top also. It's freakin' perfect but they don't have it everywhere. Come to New York for pizza.

Domino's is total crap, their sauce is crusty and their cheese tastes artificial.

New York's got the best pizza around. Thanks Italians!

There's like a hundred places called Ray's Pizza in New York, but I swear by this one Ray's in Jersey. They don't even deliver but they always have business. The sauce must use meat because it's awesome and the cheese is all imported.

Far as my ideal slice goes, anything but sausage pretty much. That brown chewy sausage is too chunky for me I don't like it. I do mushrooms or olives (black or green) and pepperoni is good too. And extra cheese.

My fave slice is a white slice, no sauce, but with basil and tomato slices cooked on top of the cheese. They put little scoops of ricotta on top also. It's freakin' perfect but they don't have it everywhere. Come to New York for pizza.

I've got to agree with you on the New York pizza. That's why Frankie & Benny's New York Italian pizza's are my absolute favourite.

http://www.frankieandbennys.com/

I love the setting in their restaurants, the service and most of all their pizza's. No other pizza comes close to how delicious they are. Their BBQ Meaball pizza is my top choice from their pizza menu.

My Pizza diet is simple:

Chopped onions, sliced tomatoes, and occasionally mild Italian sausage... with cheesy bread sticks on the side, dipped in some nice sweet marinara sauce.

Molto gustoso. I love being Italian.

A few people have mentioned it already... What is this sweet corn topping you all speak of? :huh: Through all my years, I've never seen corn on pizza, Heck I've never even heard of corn on pizza.

Eh, doubt I'll ever try it, cause I can't stand veggies and natural grown stuff on my pizza. Never really liked cooked vegtables personally so that probably doesn't help.

You've never seen sweetcorn on a pizza? In the UK at least practically every veggie pizza is topped with sweetcorn niblets. They add a pleasantly sweet crunch. You'll also find sweetcorn on meat pizzas too, mostly on chicken ones.

As for pizza sides, mozzarella sticks are incomparable especially with mayo dip. And garlic bread. And garlic mushrooms. Man, writing this is making me gag for pizza delivery. And I love the chocolate fudge cake slices the pizza delivery has on the menu, it's so gooey and stodgy and chocolatey :P

Lol, my American fiancée was just as mind-blown by our sweetcorn obsession in the UK XD "Corn? On a pizza? WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN--"

Personally, I'm not super crazy about pizza, but I can be in the mood for it once in a while. I don't really care for meat on pizza, so usually the 'veggie supreme' (or similar) is good for me. One thing I LOVE on pizza is pineapple. If it's not on there, I'll put it on there myself. I also love anchovies, but my fiancée hates them so much that she won't even go halvsies on a pizza with them on one side because they 'infect' her side with their taste and smell XD So I don't get to have anchovies too often.

Ideal pizza? : pineapple, red onion, mixed peppers, anchovies, black olives, sundried tomato, herbs, plenty of sauce and cheese ♥

So Papa John's arrived in Manila. UGH Apparently all their pizzas are horrible. Over here in Manila, just because its new, people are bound to flock to it anyway!

Either way, I'd love sweet corn on a pizza. It sounds DIVINE.

Pizza is one of my all time favorite foods! Usually if I get any toppings on it, it's pepperoni. As for the topic OP mentioning Papa Johns, I don't think they're too bad. They're much better than Dominoes that's for sure since their pizza has a bland taste to it. But I have to agree with The Stinking Recolor that the local pizza places are much better than the big chains like Dominoes, Papa Johns, etc. Although there are exceptions to that too based on who's running the place as he said.

So I haven't eaten Pizza Hut in a while. I don't care if it's part of a chain, the location where we used to live was heavenly. It wasn't greasy, the guys there were nice (and we became regulars). And oh my god the pizza. The P'Zone, most of all.

Now why would anybody pass this up? All crust on the outside, but the inside was full of everything you could ever want, including cheese. Lots of it. I'm not a cheese person myself but in the p'zone it was almost the greatest food ever. Top it with some marinara sauce and I could feed myself for life on those things.

Now flash forward to today; our family's moved and there are no remotely decent chains around (the closest Pizza Hut is around a half-an-hour drive away from where we live). My parents have also found out that there are better options for CHEAPER pizza, such as Costco. Yeah, Costco's great and all, everything is great in bulk... but their pizza's are flavorless and get old and hard really, really quickly. My parents don't care though because it's cheap.

I need an income. Now. For Pizza Hut's and my sake.

Has anyone ever tried pizza with chocolate? I wonder what it tastes like. I'm sure it tastes super good. I dunno. :blink:

When I eat frozen pizza I eat pepperoni, from the pizzaria cheese (They only have normal salami at all of the ones I know and I don't really like that) and home made with onions and garlic.

Though I do eat these mini pizzas called piccolinis and they have salami on them.

Has anyone ever tried pizza with chocolate? I wonder what it tastes like. I'm sure it tastes super good. I dunno. :blink:

Edited by Marcellove

Goddamn it you guys made me order Domino's yesterday and almost as if all the negative posts were forewarning me it was NOT as delicious as usual. 8( I felt full and miserable very fast.

Dunking crusts in the garlic and herb dip is still awesome though.

I'm not a fan of Pizza Slut. As a kid, I loved their salad bars and stuffed crust. Now, I haven't seen a salad bar at any restaurant I've visited, and the stuffed crust costs extra, even though the rest of the pizza tastes like cardboard with toppings. This goes for most other chains. I eat local. One place in particular, Carolos, makes epic and unique pizzas, bursting with REAL flavor. Hell, it tastes just as good as when I bought it 4 days later! But the best part are their specials. They actually have a pizza topped with potatoes, bacon, and sour cream, and it tastes epic. And don't even get me started on their spaghetti pizza...... :mellow:

I'm not a fan of Pizza Slut. As a kid, I loved their salad bars and stuffed crust. Now, I haven't seen a salad bar at any restaurant I've visited, and the stuffed crust costs extra, even though the rest of the pizza tastes like cardboard with toppings. This goes for most other chains. I eat local. One place in particular, Carolos, makes epic and unique pizzas, bursting with REAL flavor. Hell, it tastes just as good as when I bought it 4 days later! But the best part are their specials. They actually have a pizza topped with potatoes, bacon, and sour cream, and it tastes epic. And don't even get me started on their spaghetti pizza...... :mellow:

LOL @ the "Pizza Slut" remark. :lol: I'm not sure if I ever had Pizza Slut or not. I've had Dominos... it's borderline shit, but I can eat it. I'd like to try Papa John's to be honest. I'll stick to local stuff though.

• 3 months later...

I love cheese! Will not eat anything else.

Weird think is, I never used to like cheese pizza. I always topped mine with lots of things and now... only cheese.

I don't really care where I get it.

I mean I'm not a hug fan of anything other than Godfathers but, pizza is pizza.

Edited by ZombieEater

One topping I always wanted on my pizza?

Alligator.

You have two types of meat from gator just like chicken; the dark meat is gamy and a little tougher, the white meat has a nice poultry flavor and can be tender if cooked right.

True Domino's pizza story. This was right after we came back from vacation and my parents had to go to a Christmas party, so they decided to pick up a pizza from Domino's (which at the time was one of the better quality pizza chains around our part of town) for my dinner.

Well this was just before they decided to announce their "new and improved recipe" on television - keep that in mind.

They drop the pizza off and go to the party. Four hours later they return and find out that I only took one bite out of the pizza. They thought I was being picky - it turned out the cheese was a sharp Parmesan. Boy that stuff was so nasty the US Constitution could bar it under "cruel and unusual punishment."

And it wasn't the taste, either. The next night when my father came back from work, he complained about the smell that the pizza left in his car. No amount of Fabreeze and air fresheners could cover that up and it reeked like the cheesiest dirty feet in our car for a week. Damned hydrocarbons.

We demanded our refund from Domino's and never been back since. Until they change their recipe, I will avoid their "special blend" like the plague.

There's a nice pizza place called "Broadway Pizza" about 20 steps from a Dentist Office.

I swear, my favorite thing to have from them are their well cooked square pizza topped with Crispy Chicken.......speaking of which I haven't been there in months. Next time I go over to my buddy's place on my way home, I'm going there >=]