Awoo.

THE PIZZA TOPIC

\Lennox

Well don't blame me for having the pickiest, hipster dad on earth D: . He always goes on as to how horrible Pizza Hut is, to the point where he just ruins that pizza for me. Sorry, I'll stick to Little Ceasers.

God, sometimes it suck to have such a picky family... People still don't understand why we hate Olive Garden.

Sorry about the outburst there, my family tends to always be in the minority when it comes to food... I hate being in the minority sometimes.

Well don't blame me for having the pickiest, hipster dad on earth D: . He always goes on as to how horrible Pizza Hut is, to the point where he just ruins that pizza for me. Sorry, I'll stick to Little Ceasers.

God, sometimes it suck to have such a picky family... People still don't understand why we hate Olive Garden.

Again, sorry about that outburst. It's sort of a berserk button for me when I'm reminded I'm in a minority, whether it be intentional or unintentional. A bit petty, I know, I'm trying to work on that still. Plus I really shouldn't be blaming my dad, especially since I've come to trust his tastes when it comes to food, and plus he's been very careful with how or where he eats ever since he almost had a heart attack one time.

BUT ANYWAYS! Pizza.

Lets see, most of the best Pizzas I've had were in the non chain/not fast food, pizza places. There's a place called Romas my family goes to... Toppings are excellent, but the crust hast to be the blandest thing I have ever tasted... It's pretty much cooked dough with no spice at all.

But anyways, there was this awesome Pizza Place my dad and I went to when we went to visit his aunt and uncle in Kansas city. Very wonderful, tasty crust, not too hard, not too soft, and with just enough spice. The cheese was well melted and stretchy (I love it when it's stretchy) and best of all, strips of bacon on top of it. Good gravy that was good.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

• 3 months later...

Why can't the company carry on its old dip policies? Would it really cost them the earth to keep them going? The ingredients for a whole pizza cost them under $1, maybe under 50c anyway, so the price of including the dips is probably negligible.

I forgot this topic existed.

Also, sorry for a reply to such an old comment:

*Walks in*

CiCi's Pizza.

*runs out and hides behind sandbags*

I love CiCi's D:

Edited by Solkia the Typo Wizard
  • Thumbs Up 1

Quite possible the best thread ever conceived on SSMB.

Like others have said, local pizzarias for the win, we rarely get anything other than this little spot nearby named "Fat Ricky's". Second to that is another local one named "Michael's". We be goin' ham (no pun intended) on the Deep Dish pizzas as well, whoo it feels good to live in Chicago. My favorite toppings are sausage, mushrooms, black olives, and jalepenos, man this thread is so win.

I forgot this topic existed.

Also, sorry for a reply to such an old comment:

I love CiCi's D:

Me and my siblings used to murder CiCi's when we were little, I think the most I took out was like, 16 or so slices (I used to be a fatty). Though these days we usually stick to local pizza spots.

EDIT: Also, I've made homemade pizzas before with homemade crust, one with pepperoni, sausage, and canadian bacon and another with an oil based sauce with garlic and other manly ingredients and cheeses.

Edited by SuperJXJ

I loved CiCi's Pizza when it was in Chillicothe (OH), but then it turned out they weren't paying rent for the place and they got kicked out and I haven't had any since. And the guy serving the pizzas was creepy in an "I'll touch your kids when you're not looking" kinda way. sad.png

Little Caesar's is coming back to my town soon though, so I'll be all $5 pizzaing it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved CiCi's Pizza when it was in Chillicothe (OH), but then it turned out they weren't paying rent for the place and they got kicked out and I haven't had any since. sad.png

Little Caesar's is coming back to my town soon though, so I'll be all $5 pizzaing it up.

Grrr.....Little Cesar's >8(

To save us a wall of text, I don't really like their pizza because it tastes rather cheap. However for 5 bucks it's okay, but hey when there's a local spot then I'm goin there.

I loved CiCi's Pizza when it was in Chillicothe (OH), but then it turned out they weren't paying rent for the place and they got kicked out and I haven't had any since. And the guy serving the pizzas was creepy in an "I'll touch your kids when you're not looking" kinda way. sad.png

Was that what happened to it? Geesh. A lot of the CiCi's Pizzas in this 2-3 hour range seemed to all die out at once, the only one I can think of that's still around is somewhere near Huntington WV. ...also I think I remember that guy...

Dominos bacon pizza with mushrooms (or w/o) is my pizza of choice. I've also seen an influx of charcoal stove cooked pizza around my area starting with this place called Nino's pizza. Best pizza I've ever had. roughly $20 a pie but it's soooooooooooooooo good, especially their buffalo chicken pie.

Was that what happened to it? Geesh. A lot of the CiCi's Pizzas in this 2-3 hour range seemed to all die out at once, the only one I can think of that's still around is somewhere near Huntington WV. ...also I think I remember that guy...

If you're anywhere nearby, Generations Pizza in Wilmington OH is the best place in the local area, though it is also more expensive than the competition. Dewey's, located in Newport On The Levee, just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, does even better pizzas and outstanding calzones to boot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, the food that TMNT pretty much forced me to fall in love with in the late 80s. I LOVE PIZZA. But I've grown to have a dislike for the chain restaraunt pizzas of late, especially PAPA JOHNS. My goodness, their sauce is disgusting. Don't mind Pizza Hut and Dominos that much, but the one I always loved was LITTLE CAESARS. Too bad the closest one to me is like an hour away. I don't like it that much.

I always love authentic Italian restaraunt pizza. There's a place called Marco's Pizza near me that makes the best pizza I've tasted in a long time. Also, another called Scotty's Pizza that makes the best sicilian pizza I've ever had.

I'm also a big fan of Digiorno's stuff-crust pepperoni. Can't get enough of that stuff. There's also this company called Stefano that makes these "rip and dip" pizzas that I love. They basically look like a big bread donut with pizza stuff inside with marinara sauce. Yummy.

Oh yeah, and my favorite topping is pepperoni.

Since I live in the Chicago area, Chicago pizza is the kind of pizza I grew up with. Places like Beggars Pizza, Nonna's Pizza, and Lou Malnati's are my absolute favorites. I'm not really fond of frozen pizza, though. Yuck.

I'm a picky eater, so my toppings are usually limited. I usually just have mushrooms as a topping, or just plain cheese loaded with crushed red peppers on top. Absolutely delicious. Oh, and I'm a sucker for deep dish.

• 3 weeks later...

Woah! So apparently Domino's won't come into our block of flats to deliver our food because their staff have been jumped before :-O

• 2 months later...

Keep hearing about this Papa John's pizza chain online lately, so I've just been on their website to check them out. I'm happy to see some delicious kinds of pizza and that they deliver, but when I search for the nearest store, I find there isn't one closer than Wolverhampton, which is ages away. FML! sad.png

http://www.papajohns.co.uk/

As far as delivery chains go in the US, it's probably the best I've had. That being said, it is a delivery chain. There's certainly better out there, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't love their buttery garlic sauce.

You guys have a a Little Ceaser's where you're at? I mean considering they're $5 pizzas, I'd imagine they'd be big.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, Little Caesar's - I can tell you that of all of the big delivery chains, this one is probably the lowest quality... but for $5 a large pie, it's hard to really complain. Oh, their bread sticks Crazy Bread are yummy, too.

I wouldn't say that, they're ok.

You guys have a a Little Ceaser's where you're at? I mean considering they're $5 pizzas, I'd imagine they'd be big.

Ceaser's has been around for that long? I thought it was a recent thing considering is just came to the city about a year ago.

Uh, nice thread: as an italian, i'm enough lucky to taste the best types of pizza, especially the flat type. I never tried food chains about pizza, but once i will have the occasion, i will try.

As for the addings... i don't have preferences (except 3 rules: no vegetables, no fruits, no sweet things as Nutella), but the most heavy combination i tried was a standard Margherita with:

-Scamorza (a medium-heavy type of cheese)

-Parma ham

-Speck

-Wurstel

After that i think i didn't eat anything before 2 days after. But that was totally worthy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Woah! So apparently Domino's won't come into our block of flats to deliver our food because their staff have been jumped before :-O

One time I tried calling in to order Domino's to a particular area I was hanging out in with a friend. They refused to deliver to us because the area was bad. So I went to their website and ordered it via the website and they delivered it to us no problem. Came from the same place and everything. I called them and asked why they didn't want to deliver to us and the guy was like "UUuuhh... ooooo.... ummmm" and I hung up XD

• Thumbs Up 1