Awoo.

The Hamburger Topic

Mick

Oh man I forgot this thread existed

So there's this gay bar and grill (that I definitely only go to for the food and definitely nothing else) back home and the burgers are insane. It's amazing what a difference there is in their burgers compared to the majority of restaurants, 'cause even if it's not a mediocre fast food joint most places still serve pretty crappy burgers. They're too often just a chunk of dry meat with near nonexistent seasoning, but this place, man they're fantastic. Actually flavorful, incredibly juicy, it's the kind of stuff you just can't get at any sort of chain restaurant. And their specialty is pretty out there but it's so fucking delicious, they cook candied pecans, caramelized onions, and bleu cheese right into the patty and it makes it damn big but it's soo good.

There's also an Irish pub around that area that serves a peanut butter and jelly burger which was way too adventurous for me but my mom tried it and said it was fantastic. Last year I ate at some quaint little restaurant on Mauna Loa in Hawaii and had a burger with peanut butter and banana and it was one of the most revolting things I've ever tasted. I guess those kinds of creative things are pretty hit or miss.

I used to really love the New York Crispy in McDonalds...

But then it went off the menu ;____________;

I prefer McDonalds as burgerjoint, I have sadly yet to try places like Burger King, but the Quick here sucks. If I have nothing else to eat, I go there on my free noons to get a burger or 2. Which are FUCKING EXPENSIVE unless you're on one of the 1 Euro Burger Months.

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi

A burger topic, interesting. I know I will likely be the odd one out a bit here, but listen in and you can judge me afterwards.

I enjoy a good burger of course, but these days, due to me watching my calories and such, I often enjoy turkey burgers ALOT now as well. They still taste great to me and I can eat them and get alot fewer calories and fat when eating them. On a turkey burger, often I prefer, Tomato, pickle, carmalized onion/normal sliced onions, and of course, guacamole. I love guac burgers, though I do think guacamole goes alot better on a turkey burger than on a beef burger.

When it comes to beef burgers, the main difference is that I use ketchup instead of guacamole. I do even then prefer to get chicken over beef just because of calorie reasons. Beef is good, but it often does seem it is easy for some places to overcook beef and make it really touch, whereas chicken is not as easy to make super tough like beef can be occationally. At the right place, still, beef is best.

Also, I dont like bacon on burgers. *ducks from the booing* One big thing with bacon with me. I like soft bacon, I dont like the crisp hard as brick bacon at all. If the bacon is soft and flops, then yes its nice on its own, but not on my burger. My parents like their bacon very hard and I really dont like it. They also eat alot of turkey bacon now, which is even harder, bleh.

And finally, being from the south, we dont have white castle down here, we have Krystal burger, which is the same thing pretty much. They are good, but often I get the little hotdog pups instead of burgers. If I had to choose a fast food burger, it is going to be Wendy's though. Always taste better to me.

OMG turkey burgers are delicious. ESPECIALLY if grilled. To me, I can taste more flavor from a turkey burger made from fresh ground turkey with no seasoning to it than ground beef.

I still like beef burgers tho heheheh. How do you usually like your burger? Well-done? Medium-Rare? Rare? etc...

...Man I wish there were a Five Guys around here...

OMG turkey burgers are delicious. ESPECIALLY if grilled. To me, I can taste more flavor from a turkey burger made from fresh ground turkey with no seasoning to it than ground beef.

I still like beef burgers tho heheheh. How do you usually like your burger? Well-done? Medium-Rare? Rare? etc...

...Man I wish there were a Five Guys around here...

Normally I like burgers to be made Medium, just like a steak, though many places dont give you a choice when it comes to a burger, they are often all made the same way usually.

And believe me, I agree with you about the turkey burgers. Turkey just seems to have more interal juice to them that make them taste alot better than a beef burger to me when you dont put much on them. Dunno why, but that's why I tend to like eating turkey burgers so much more than beef over the last year or two. I still enjoy the beef, but turkey just seems to be something different to me that tastes great.

• 1 year later...

Not a burger, but we don't have a chicken topic and these are being sold at a burger place, so, yeah...

Burger King UK is now selling chicken fries.

10447801_10152730114076921_7700397298091

https://m.facebook.com/burgerkinguk/photos/a.325710001920.160075.269026541920/10152730114076921/?type=1&source=48

Oh, and these:

11149527_10152730126771921_8905242989125

https://m.facebook.com/burgerkinguk/photos/a.325710001920.160075.269026541920/10152730126771921/?type=1&source=48

I had no idea we had a burger topic! I love burgers!

Has anybody tried Wendy's Jr Bacon Burgers?

I have a couple of them and they were delicious, and this is coming from someone who grew tired of bacon.

I love burgers (Like a certain character that may or may not be my avatar), but I honestly haven't had something as great as a cheeseburger in a long time.

Like seriously, it's been a while since I actually had one.