Awoo.

Mirror's Edge Reboot(This is getting ridicolous)...Faith Restored

turbojet

So tell me I wasn't the only one who thought Morgan Freeman when I saw that guy with the dove on his arm...

Same here. XD

Btw, good news! Faith won't be using guns this time around.

When Mirror's Edge Catalyst was shown during EA's E3 press conference yesterday, fans took note of the fact that protagonist Faith never shot a gun during the trailer. The original Mirror's Edge from 2008 discouraged gunplay, but still had the option to use guns sparingly. Fans were anxious to know if Catalyst would keep this unique feature or move toward a more traditional shooter style.

We can now confirm that EA DICE has decided to remove gun combat from Mirror's Edge Catalyst altogether.

“In Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, you won’t be using any guns at all. We’ve completely removed that aspect of the game. You can’t even pick them up.”

Good. I never liked the guns in Mirror's Edge, they felt shoe-horned in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, Collector's Edition.

featuredImage.img.jpg

For our faithful fans and new ones alike, we are pleased to unveil the Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Collector’s Edition. The Collector’s Edition was made to help foster player’s affinity with our heroine, Faith, as she grows up and makes a stand against oppression, represented by a beautiful adult and young Faith real life diorama that stands 14 inches tall. Players can also join Faith’s fight as part of the runner’s group in the city of Glass with temporary tattoos, or go behind-the-scenes to see more about the game’s creation through concept art and an exclusive lithograph.

The full Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Collector’s Edition includes:

• Adult Faith/Young Faith diorama
  • Exclusive Steel book
  • Exclusive lithograph
  • Set of 10 concept pieces
  • Temporary logo tattoo
  • Temporary Faith arm tattoo
  • Storage box
Available in limited quantity for SRP $199.99 worldwide in select retailers, the Mirror’s Edge Collector’s Edition is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the PC. Players can pre-order a copy starting today at GameStop stores in North America or online, with the other retailers worldwide to be announced soon.

• 3 weeks later...

So who's unhappy with the open world aspect? 

I'm not. That Mirror's Edge wasn't open world hurt it for me (it came off as less 'freerunning' and more 'obstacle course', making the point of freerunning questionable), but I'm open to hear opposing arguments.

Gamescon gameplay. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
Mislinked the gameplay
  • Thumbs Up 3

It looks wonderful... Very fluid, very cyberpunk.

But this is making me think that ME would benefit from a bit of transhumanist tech. Make freerunning OP.

Edited by Yuli Ban

It looks wonderful... Very fluid, very cyberpunk.

But this is making me think that ME would benefit from a bit of transhumanist tech. Make freerunning OP.

Considering the government's stance on Runners in general, I highly doubt they'd let this run unchecked.

wow Kick People Through Glass Objects: The Game looks great

I'm pretty hyped for this! I only played a demo of the original because I kept missing the sales, hehe. Sounds like Laura Bailey's voicing Faith.

wow Kick People Through Glass Objects: The Game looks great

I'm pretty hyped for this! I only played a demo of the original because I kept missing the sales, hehe. Sounds like Laura Bailey's voicing Faith.

Yeah, it 100% is definitely her.

• 5 weeks later...

Holy shit that's expensive.

Thing is I wouldn't mind buying it if GAME weren't being complete rip-offs as usual, in America it sells for quite a bit less.

Edited by Tom DeLonge

• 3 weeks later...

Solar Fields Returns To Create The Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst Soundtrack

Today, DICE is happy to reveal that one of our most prominent collaborators from the original Mirror’s Edge™ is making a return. Solar Fields, creator of the Mirror’s Edge soundtrack, is composing the score for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, making the elegant city of Glass come alive with iconic, electronic soundscapes.

Solar Fields, or Magnus Birgersson as the synthesizing Swede really is called, has spent the day composing themes for the Mirror’s Edge Catalyst characters when we meet up for a chat. Figuring out how someone like Faith “sounds” - in a musical and ambient sense - is challenging. Apologizing for “the tech talk”, Magnus explains that he has approached this by diving into the music on a molecular level.

- Today I’ve been experimenting with the Mirror’s Edge theme by dissolving that piece of music using what’s known as granular synthesis. I’m playing around with these particle clouds to see what sounds are recognizable and iconic even when the music is dissolved, and to see if there are any new aspects in there I can work with.

Solar Fields

Remember remember the Vth of November!

Edited by Yuli Ban

• 4 months later...

You like them betas?

EA showed the story trailer for the game, which looks great, but you can now also register and sign up for the closed beta of the game! It's probably going to be about as much as a demo, but it should worth a try.

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/beta/

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Critic reviews are out:

IGN has given the game a 6.8/10 and GameSpot has given the game a 7/10. Other reviewers have given the game similar scores. The developers stated Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a second chance for the franchise and that if it doesn't do well, the franchise is pretty much over. These aren't good scores. I just hope it sells well enough to warrant another installment which improves upon Catalyst.

It has gone up to 73/100 since then. It's not an awful score, but it's pretty bad for a game that's supposed to relaunch the Mirror's Edge franchise.

After playing through the game, I'm in agreement with the 7/10 scores. Maybe my expectations were too high but I was disappointed in the final product. I think the first game did better in the level design department. Not saying this one is terrible it's just, not that exciting. Combat mechanics are whatever, you'll have moments where you just have to fight but other times you should just run away cause, who the fuck wants to stop and kill some stupid drones. Oh yea I'm not sure waht the fuck is up with the CG cutscenes in this game but on the PC they stutter and slow down a lot.

I'd probably wait for the game to go on sale if I were on the fence about it, but that's just me. Despite some issues I did actually have fun with it.