Awoo.

Mirror's Edge Reboot(This is getting ridicolous)...Faith Restored

turbojet

Mirror's Edge 2 is on EA's "To Do" List

http://www.videogame...he_list_ea.html

“We have nothing to announce. We love Faith. We love the property. It’s really about how and when do you bring it back?

“It’s on the list. It’s just about looking at what teams are available, who’s got the right quality approach to it, and who understands it.”

Edited by Nintendoga

I need to stop reading this topic every time it gets bumped, I keep getting excited only to have my heart ripped to shreads when I find out it still isn't coming ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_lwt1sj8twV1qkruai.gif

Every goddamn time.

EA, the day Mirror's Edge 2 comes to fruition, I will literally rejoice. I will smile so hard that it won't be healthy to be so damn happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I'm no fan of Mirror's Edge, but I feel bad for the poor guys that are. The way EA's been treating you with this really sucks, and it's the exact reason my last EA game was (and will be) Dragon Age.

I really liked the first game. I think waiting for the next generation is a great idea. It's only a year or two away.

I'd rather wait for the game and get fantastic visuals and fantastic gameplay on the next consoles, rather than getting it on the current which will be outdated.

=D *sees something updated about Mirror's Edge 2*

*dissapointed once again* D:

Come onnnn EA! Maybe it's a good thing to release it on next gen consoles but it's been so long, and now we need to wait even longer!

• Thumbs Up 2

I really liked the first game. I think waiting for the next generation is a great idea. It's only a year or two away.

I'd rather wait for the game and get fantastic visuals and fantastic gameplay on the next consoles, rather than getting it on the current which will be outdated.

tumblr_lmvc4juiac1qi58p8.gif

Borderlands 2 is coming out on outdated consoles while every developer and their mom is on Wii U's dick. How much more powerful can they make the next gen consoles? I mean shit. Anymore powerful than I will have to start stripping.

At least Mirror's Edge is not getting the Dead Space treatment in being so whored out that it no longer resembles that sweet innocent little girl that it was before being gang banged by "broadening demographic."

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_lmvc4juiac1qi58p8.gif

Borderlands 2 is coming out on outdated consoles while every developer and their mom is on Wii U's dick. How much more powerful can they make the next gen consoles? I mean shit. Anymore powerful than I will have to start stripping.

At least Mirror's Edge is not getting the Dead Space treatment in being so whored out that it no longer resembles that sweet innocent little girl that it was before being gang banged by "broadening demographic."

Well I'd rather have Mirrors Edge be new and fresh on the new systems with new mechanics that the current gen consoles can't do. It certainly wouldn't die out as fast as it would with the current consoles either.

Edited by -L-

I honestly do not care about that at this point. Mirror's Edge was a great looking game, regardless of the hardware.

• Thumbs Up 2

They're going to need to keep costs down, I'm not expecting any sort of amazing leap in graphical capabilities like what happened when this generation started. They'll be better but nothing that will blow you away exactly. So in short, yes they need to get Mirror's Edge 2 out of the door, but I also don't want it to be one of the tail end last hoorah games at the end of the generation that gets ignored...

If it's relevant, Battlefield 4 was recently alluded to in a Medal of Honor: Warfighter advertisement which temporarily went up on Origin.

originbf4jpg-9d7477_800w.jpg

I guess this and the other remaining Battlefield 3 expansions could conceivably put Mirror's Edge 2 on further hold.

Edited by Neon

• 1 month later...

Apparently, Mirror's Edge is too good to kill off.

http://www.ign.com/a...oo-good-to-kill

If it's so fucking good, then make the sequel... Yes I am one of those guys who made a post and revived this thread to have you all jump like jackasses thinking some major news just popped up about Mirror's Edge 2, only to get your hopes shot down, careening towards the earth, finally disintegrating into small particles of ash.

Edited by Noel Vermillion

Mirror's Edge's problem was its final stages; gun-play just doesn't suit the style of the game at all. And the combat was problematic at best. All the cool moves were too obscure or too hard to pull off in a pinch.

If it's getting a sequel, I want it to be much more like the opening level(s) of the game; rooftops, sunshine, leaps of faith and so on. Maybe some ledge shimmying, sliding down diagonal glassy rooftops and climbing up buildings with suckers on your hands and feet too.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's bad that if there's a sequel, I'd only play it if it wasn't in first person isn't it? Sorry, but I just couldn't get to grips with that in the first one.

Edited by Blue Blood

It's bad that if there's a sequel, I'd only play it if it wasn't in first person. Sorry, but I just couldn't get to grips with that in the first one.

It took a moment for me to get the controls and everything down in Mirror's Edge when I first got the game. I think if it goes third person it becomes like any other platformer.

• Thumbs Up 1

It took a moment for me to get the controls and everything down in Mirror's Edge when I first got the game. I think if it goes third person it becomes like any other platformer.

Yeah, playable.

It just not was enjoyable or manageable to play it in first person.

EDIT: Grr. Missing words and typos

Edited by Blue Blood

Yeah, playable.

It just was enjoyable or manageable to play it in first person.

Lol, it's definitely not a pick up and play game but certainly not unplayable by any means.

It's bad that if there's a sequel, I'd only play it if it wasn't in first person isn't it? Sorry, but I just couldn't get to grips with that in the first one.

Really? That was a selling point for me. It's a platformer...in 1st person. That alone makes it unique from the others.

Mirror's Edge's problem was its final stages; gun-play just doesn't suit the style of the game at all. And the combat was problematic at best. All the cool moves were too obscure or too hard to pull off in a pinch.

If it's getting a sequel, I want it to be much more like the opening level(s) of the game; rooftops, sunshine, leaps of faith and so on. Maybe some ledge shimmying, sliding down diagonal glassy rooftops and climbing up buildings with suckers on your hands and feet too.

If you are in the corner trying to gun the enemies down, you are doing it wrong. Of course only the 7th and 9th stages are where you absolutely had to do this and they were in closed spaced areas which was counter point to the rest of the game. As someone who read a lot about the development of Mirror's Edge, that was entirely EA's fault as they kept demanding enemies to be placed in areas that were stupid just to keep the intensity of the game up. And...guns.

Source

It is simple as 1+1 EA. Battlefield will only yield a certain amount of popularity with the new tech such as Frost Engine 3, which, by the way, does nothing for Medal of Honor since it is pretty much just like Battlefield. Mirror's Edge with new tech, and enough labor of love in the development = downright fucking mind blowing.

Edited by turbojet

I specifically decided to go for the pacifist achievement, and the game was more fun for it. Though the later levels were basically "get through this area perfectly in 30 seconds or else you are surrounded by guards and deaded".

Or completely unrealistically hiding in a corner and taking them out one by one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I specifically decided to go for the pacifist achievement, and the game was more fun for it. Though the later levels were basically "get through this area perfectly in 30 seconds or else you are surrounded by guards and deaded".

Or completely unrealistically hiding in a corner and taking them out one by one.

Honestly, it is more beneficial if you don't pick up a gun at all. The only time I use it is to shoot out glass. In fact, 9th stage is easier if you don't use guns.

The guy is a world record holder so yeah.

• 1 month later...