Awoo.

Mirror's Edge Reboot(This is getting ridicolous)...Faith Restored

turbojet

Mirror's Edge 2 is in production

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/21446-mirrors-edge-2-in-production-says-former-battlefield-producer/

Former Battlefield series executive producer Benjamin Couins, replying to the news that publisher EA doesn't want developer DICE to become a "Battlefield factory", has stated on Twitter Mirror's Edge 2 is in the works at DICE.

Link to tweet:

This shouldn't come as a huge surprise, as the game has been talked about semi-openly for years now, with some EA and DICE employees saying the game is being made and/or that when the timing is right, it will see the light of day. Regardless, it's good to know after all this time it's still on the table and is a work in progress.

Mirror's Edge released way back in 2008, and served as the first video game to popularize the movement-based discipline known as parkour, which involves navigating oneself from place to place as quickly as possible by traversing various obstacles using refined techniques. Sadly, as an innovative effort, it was not very well-received by many, and sales were merely acceptable, which seems to have contributed to the delay in the development and release of a sequel.

*shocker*

I really hope EA allows this game to come to fruition finally...but just in case, hopefully Nintendo is waiting patiently next to the phone...

Well, I'm glad it's seemingly in production, but when they've been saying "Really, guys, it's coming! For reals we're making it, guys, is gun be gud, just wait!!" for so long, it's hard to have any reaction without seeing anything concrete.

I can't describe how I feel. Like, I don't know what to say guys.I...I just don't know. One part of me is cautious because I think EA might fuck this game over and try to make it casual. The other part of me is extremely elated and want to sing to the heavens.

128798788588589362.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't get your hopes up, Turbo, I just know they're going to find some way to mess it up... or if they can't, EA will, by insisting on LOADS OF GUNZ just like last time.

Still, it'll likely be a 3D-capable game with stunning graphics.

Wow, I was just starting to get excited after completing Mirror's Edge for the first time earlier today.

That's really disappointing to hear.

you've got to be fucking kidding me, i was so happy about this now some ass was sprouting bullshit to look like hot shit? This is fucking crap.

So angry at this news, why do people do this?

What the fuck man!?

Ok, but they saw how many people were excited for this right, get a hint dumbasses and make the fucking sequel instead of bitching about an ex-employee being a prick.

Edited by Nu-13/Noel Vermillion

• 2 weeks later...

So in the recent dlc update to Battlefield 3, DICE decided to mercilessly teaseleave an easter egg in it.

tumblr_lvh7jghir31r2kp2n.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

I hate EA...

Come now, you mustn't lose Faith in EA. I'm sure the next game will leave you on the Edge of your seat. As long as it doesn't Mirror the company as a whole that is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Come now, you mustn't lose Faith in EA. I'm sure the next game will leave you on the Edge of your seat. As long as it doesn't Mirror the company as a whole that is.

8442d1353011123-i-see-what-you-did-there-rage-face-meme.png

• Thumbs Up 3

• 5 months later...

Unless we hear anything about it at EA's E3 this year I don't think it's real. But I sure hope it is cos EA are idiots for not letting DiCE make a sequel to Mirror's Edge, forcing them to make Battlefield games instead.

tumblr_lneruwMdFm1qeyzcb.gif

My heart is fucking pounding. Like I don't even care no more. This is fucking awesome. I mean...I'm crying.

28-Drake-Gets-A-Hard-On.gif

EDIT: For the love of God, please don't fuck with me.

Edited by turbojet

My heart is fucking pounding. Like I don't even care no more. This is fucking awesome. I mean...I'm crying.

28-Drake-Gets-A-Hard-On.gif

EDIT: For the love of God, please don't fuck with me.

TURBO!!! That gif....I don't even. Can we even use that here?

Anyways, if this is not real, someone will feel the force of 10 falcon punches. This is not something to joke about.

Aaaand it's been removed.

On the other hand, Game Informer just randomly put up the very first Mirror's Edge trailer on YouTube.

Seems mighty suspicious.

EA help desk lists a page for Mirror's Edge 2.

There is no page for a Mirror's Edge 3, 4 or any other "fake" games, yet this just popped up.

https://help.ea.com/en/mirrors-edge/mirrors-edge-2

At this point it sounds like it's a done deal. Mirror's Edge 2 is probably being shown off at E3.

EDIT: ... aaaaand it's been removed.

This seems mighty suspicious to me.

Edited by Carbo