Awoo.

Mirror's Edge Reboot(This is getting ridicolous)...Faith Restored

turbojet

Um... you can beat the first one without firing a single bullet.

Thats like saying you can beat Sonic Unleashed without Boosting. Yes you can but the game is designed in a way that encourages you to use it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thats like saying you can beat Sonic Unleashed without Boosting. Yes you can but the game is designed in a way that encourages you to use it.

Doesn't mean you have to though lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

I own but haven't yet completed the original. 

AND I'M STILL HYPED AS SHIT FOR THIS. 

• Thumbs Up 1

oh my gah

this looks so yes

EA HAS FINALLY DONE SOMETHING THAT'S NOT TERRIBLE

I am a happy, happy man. Finally, this has happened.

Okay it looks great but... it also looks EXACTLY like the first game, just prettier? And the trailer was nothing but fighting dudes rather than jumping on shat.

I mean... I wanna play it but is this really what everyone is getting suddenly hyped over? Or just the fact that it exists? Coz I thought we already knew it exists.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn Jez getting here first *shakes fist*

But... it looks the same? But prettier? I dunno, like it's cool and all, but they haven't actually shown us anything. Also, her redesign is barely a redesign. I just hope it's more interesting that it looks, that they've done some cool new stuff and that they fix the stupid issues that made the first one so frustrating at times. But yeah, as much as I want a Mirror's Edge 2, this isn't enough to get me excited yet.

Edited by Mollfie

Okay it looks great but... it also looks EXACTLY like the first game, just prettier? And the trailer was nothing but fighting dudes rather than jumping on shat.

I mean... I wanna play it but is this really what everyone is getting suddenly hyped over? Or just the fact that it exists? Coz I thought we already knew it exists.

The floor was collapsing beneath her and she pulled a wall run off the glass. One of the main critiques of the original game was it's combat(minus the guns) being too hard. If anything, this teaser shows one improvement. They are also hinting at Open World in their description like it was originally supposed to be. But you are right. We have to wait and see more. And my ass will be right on top of it.

Um... you can beat the first one without firing a single bullet.

Um... No you can't? You need to use a sniper rifle on the riot van carrying your sister....=P

How does Mirror's Edge encourage you to use guns?  Your parkour ability is hindered by rifles and they're such a noncentral part of combat the game doesn't even tell you how much ammo you have.

Um... No you can't? You need to use a sniper rifle on the riot van carrying your sister....=P

Fair enough, but that was a scripted sequence.  You don't directly kill anyone with it anyway.

Edited by Metal Gear (sting)RAY

How does Mirror's Edge encourage you to use guns?  Your parkour ability is hindered by rifles and they're such a noncentral part of combat the game doesn't even tell you how much ammo you have.

It was imbalanced. On one hand, you are correct, the game mechanics does not encourage to use guns(Faith not having ammo clips, she can only take 4 shots consecutively without dying, her speed reduces if she is carrying anything heavier than a pistol of uzi(the ammo clips of those weapons are the smallest), and she the game has one hit KO's for using counters. However, the questionable level deign(such as Stage 7,8,9 and 3) throws this out the window when Faith has to fight off guys to continue which is hard and tedius as the shooting mechanic was tacked on at the last minute because EA forced it on them(You wonder why someone who speciallizes in shooters did so bad with this game). These bottle neck areas in level design are what Patticus is referring. I wouldn't mind them if they were infrequent and were implemented better. 

Hm... well, this game does looks alright, I guess. Shame that it won't be available for the WIi U, though, but oh well.

Mirrors Edge 2 is not a seuqel... it's not a Prequel.... It's a reboot!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-10-dice-announces-new-mirrors-edge-game

The game will serve as a reboot for the franchise and tell an "all-new origin story" for heroine Faith.

"We introduced Mirror's Edge and Faith to gamers five years ago, and we've waited for the right moment to reunite them," said producer Sara Jansson. "Thanks to the Frostbite engine and a new generation of platforms, we are now able to deliver a richer world that players will be able to explore with a new level of freedom in both movement and action."

So... they're rebooting a series which has only had 1 game...

• Thumbs Up 1

It was imbalanced. On one hand, you are correct, the game mechanics does not encourage to use guns(Faith not having ammo clips, she can only take 4 shots consecutively without dying, her speed reduces if she is carrying anything heavier than a pistol of uzi(the ammo clips of those weapons are the smallest), and she the game has one hit KO's for using counters. However, the questionable level deign(such as Stage 7,8,9 and 3) throws this out the window when Faith has to fight off guys to continue which is hard and tedius as the shooting mechanic was tacked on at the last minute because EA forced it on them(You wonder why someone who speciallizes in shooters did so bad with this game). These bottle neck areas in level design are what Patticus is referring. I wouldn't mind them if they were infrequent and were implemented better.

I never said the entire game encourages you to use guns throughout but there are a fair few areas which are obviously designed with you using weapons in mind, the Sniper section of Chapter 6 especially comes to mind.

Surely they aren't just going to call it Mirror's Edge on release day. That would be confusing, not to mention annoying. Call it Mirror's Edge Zero or something, anything that differentiates it from the first game. Seriously, I hate it when games and movies do this. -__- The Final Destination, Fast Five, Sonic the Hedgehog...ugh.

I never said the entire game encourages you to use guns throughout but there are a fair few areas which are obviously designed with you using weapons in mind, the Sniper section of Chapter 6 especially comes to mind.

That is exactly what I mean. The stage design and enemy placement where specifically designed for gun fights and combat in mind when the combat was poor and the gun controls were rudimentary.

It's a reboot, but it looks exactly like the original?

Fucking EA.

I have no problem with it being a reboot considering (ME spoilers)

the only character I remotely liked died before the last level

and the story was generally pretty whatever anyway.  Or maybe I just couldn't get into it because of those lamely animated cut-scenes, I dunno.

It's a reboot, but it looks exactly like the original?

Fucking EA.

Better than being a reboot and looking nothing like the original.

Right, Capcom?

• Thumbs Up 3

Better than being a reboot and looking nothing like the original.

Right, Capcom?

Please don't start with that...

*giggles*

Love the reboots with the original name. I'm sorry, it's just too funny. How many games including Sonic '06 and DmC has done this? XD

I understand for games like Sonic. I also understand games that do complete make overs like DmC. But Mirror's Edge? why?