Awoo.

Mirror's Edge Reboot(This is getting ridicolous)...Faith Restored

turbojet

New Engine? It's Frostbite 3.0 right? Just the upgrades.

New style/graphics? - Reminds me of the original...

• Thumbs Up 1

The art style is the exact same. Like literally.

Edit: JezMM, you liked Jackknife? Or Miller?  Did Miller even...

Edited by turbojet

111quxd6.jpg

2225ny1l.jpg

Not quite. It's a lot more sharper and less saturated.

• Thumbs Up 5

So, basically, all the good bits about the original game's aesthetic are gone. SUPER.

Well, it could be worse. It could be grey, brown and red rather than white, black and red. Still three fucking colours and a desaturated palette, though.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

The City is moving in this one(bump the quality up to 1080p). Unlike the first one, it was nearly sterile(which I thought was the point).

Who is the new art director? They are getting the aesthetics of the City off. It looks lively...but white.

Isn't Anita Sarkeesian suppose to be a consultant on this? huh.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIpoE2LEps

I haven't heard any recent news about it since they announced it. Hopefully they've decided not to bring her along, but if she is here's hoping her influence doesn't mire the end product.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Edit: JezMM, you liked Jackknife? Or Miller?  Did Miller even...

Oh I was talking about

Merc

He DID die right?  D=

I don't mind the less colourful aesthetic (I actually played with runner vision off first time for realism), but I do hope they actually colour in the plants this time.  "The point" of leaving them uncoloured wasn't enough to distract how off that looked to me.

Mirror's Edge on the left does look better than the one on the right! O_o Hope this doesn't mean everything in the game will look like that in the reboot.

And please no more animated cutscenes. I agree with Jez, was never keen on the Flash style cutscenes cos they took me right out of the game.

Hmm... a reboot of a game series that only has had one installment, using the same character, the same moves and the same art style.

Ooookay.

Still, I've got the first game and although it's fun, I didn't finish it! :D I'd like to see what this is like anyways!

Those cutscenes were due to the rushed development.

Ohhh, I didn't know that. D:

If they just had proper real time cutscenes it would've not only looked much better, I think the story would have also been better presented. I don't know why but the Flash cutscenes didn't really make me care for most of the characters except maybe Merc.

Hopefully this will be improved in the new Mirror's Edge.

To make sure that it doesn't seem like I'm making this shit up, here is an interview with one of the former designers at DICE.

Why is the game so linear? They wanted to make it open world, but EA wanted a strict timeline.

Why is there some random ass gun fights and combat areas? EA wanted to ramp up the intensity.

Why did they settle on art design time trail DLC instead of a full expansion? EA wanted some DLC out after the production of the game was completed.

Why did the game feel unfinished? Because it was.

• Thumbs Up 3

So it's EA, EA, EA. Not surprised after what they did with Mass Effect 3 and SimCity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now there's something to get friggin' excited about.

The thought of parkouring around the whole damn city like it's nothing...

Oh... oh my.

foaming-mouth-guy-o.gif

Fuck, fuck, fuck. This is the best thing EA could have said so far. Damn you EA for wanting my money so bad you will make the right decisions.

Edited by Eternal Xtreme

I guess I don't mind more action adventure. As long as it's an open world game like it was originally meant to be I'm happy!

And as long as it doesn't have those annoying gun fights I'm happy too.

Good shit, EA. Although Mirror's Edge isn't a beat 'em up neither.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

It is amazing to consider the possibilities of an open-world 1st person parkour game.  Although I was waiting for one with a more transhumanist/cyberpunk theme (moreso than Mirror's Edge already is at least, sort of like Deus Ex meets Mirror's Edge), this will not fail to please me.

-EA...EA...EA...

*Slogs some dirty alcohol*

I HOPE.