Awoo.

The moon

ArtFenix

Hi guys! So i was watching some sonic CG cutscenes from almost all Sonic games and i noticed something pretty interesting! I have discovered the Nights game and Eggman adventure inside of Eggmobile in unleashed [and i wasn't given any credit on retro, thank you very much egoists!], but i decided to show you this anyway.

Look CLOSELY at the screenshots. Doesn't something look TOO similar? ;)

10paradepastmemoriesavi.th.jpg10paradepastmemoriesavi.th.jpgshthopeningavisnapshot0.th.jpg

shthopeningavisnapshot0.th.jpgshthopeningavisnapshot0.th.jpg

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 5

Lol, they've been consistent about the moon except for the time it was smashed by a space laser?

Still very cool find. Is it like that in other games I wonder?

One of the biggest plot holes in the franchise has, ironically, the most consistency.

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting. However, the reason the Moon is consistent between those games is because it's pretty much our Moon.

Take a look at this picture (found on this website). Rotate it 180°, doesn't it look familiar?

Hey you're right! I was wondering if it was the real moon in these games, but i didn't find the right photo of the real moon and of course i didn't rotate it, so i didn't notice that they're similar too.

Edited by ArtFenix

Haha! Copy, Paste, and Rotate for the WIN.

Hmm, I don't know maybe its a CG moon... though it does look similar to Earth's moon. This is an interesting fun fact.

I have discovered the Nights game and Eggman adventure inside of Eggmobile in unleashed [and i wasn't given any credit on retro, thank you very much egoists!]

To be fair they probably just copy and pasted the texture between the two games. The CG cut-scenes were done by the same people in Shadow/2006 (or I'm under the impression they are, they use the same character models and generally have the same "feel" to them if that makes sense).

Yeah, SEGA often glosses over it. Even if one of the Advance games' final boss took place there.

Wouldn't it be cool if Eggbotnik rebuilt it as his base?

• Thumbs Up 1

Night Journey of Dreams and...

Dr.Eggman Adventure (Robotnik's cut)?

Epic.

The dreamcast was already mentioned when we had trailers of the game but the 2 video games weren't.

Still, it's a nice find!

If you noticed it yourself why didn't you tell about this on the forum? I did. I was the one who showed the pics [i even added some light in photoshop so you could see the covers of the games], but the bastards at retro didn't even mention that it was my pic and that it was i who told the news in the first place. That's just insulting.

You're not even mad that they put up an news post for it, you're just mad that one person used a picture you took, and nobody knew it was you (for reasons I should not have to explain).

It's not even something you found before anyone else! It's been known since the opening leaked like two and a half years ago.

Also, seriously does it matter why do you care. It's not that big of a deal. This whole topic seems made just for you to vent that someone used a picture you took without mentioning you about something that a few people still don't know. The guy who found the pic more than likely did a Google search and yours came up. Why are you acting like you were mercilessly betrayed?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not even something you found before anyone else! It's been known since the opening leaked like two and a half years ago.

The Dreamcast was spotted when the opening was leaked. The Eggman game was spotted when playing the game. However I'm pretty sure ArtFenix was the first person to see the NiGHTS game (the leaked opening didn't have good enough quality for that).

The Dreamcast was spotted when the opening was leaked. The Eggman game was spotted when playing the game. However I'm pretty sure ArtFenix was the first person to see the NiGHTS game (the leaked opening didn't have good enough quality for that).

I'm entirely sure they were both known before. On here possibly not, but it's been common knowledge for at least me (which means that it has to be for hundreds more people) since before the game came out. The Dreamcast was spotted first, but it would be really hard to get a good look at the Eggman game and somehow miss NiGHTS.

This whole topic seems made just for you to vent that someone used a picture you took without mentioning you about something that a few people still don't know.

No, i wanted to tell you guys about the moon and ironically there was a topic on retro about my discovery in unleashed, so i was a bit mad, yes. They didn't mention me neither on that topic, nor in their encyclopedia. I think i have a good reason to be mad. I mean, was it really that hard to give a gredit to me? They always give credit to themselves when it concerns their own discoveries.

It's not even something you found before anyone else!

It actually is. At least Core remembers that, thanks^^.

On here possibly not

I didn't see ANYONE ANYWHERE who knew about the Nights game and the Eggman adventure before i posted the pics HERE.

Anyway why do you care so much about me being mad at dudes at retro? I have my reasons to be mad and i think what they [and folks at sega forums BTW] did is just unfair and meanly.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Dreamcast was spotted first, but it would be really hard to get a good look at the Eggman game and somehow miss NiGHTS.

Actually, the Eggman game was spotted from another cutscene, near the end of the game. Which is why people knew about it but not about the NiGHTS game.

...we're getting way off topic, aren't we.

Big fucking deal. Being the first person to notice something in plain sight doesn't warrant you to be the creditor of its discovery. If you actually researched, say, that Justin fucking Beaver was actually hired at one point to sing the game's theme song and it turned out to be true as confirmed by the game's developers, then yeah you'd be credited for it (probably). But you're seriously whining over not being credited for not only something that's been known about since day one, but something that doesn't take a damn genius with the slow-motion button on a video player to discover? I've never seen a single person ever credited for a discovery such as this. Who was the first person to notice the naked lady in The Rescuers? Nobody because nobody knows or cares.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The whole moon thing doesn't surprise me one iota; did you know, for example, that SNK has a folder one one of their FTP servers containing and named "Metal Slug Sprites", and that it is raided vigorously whenever a new game in the series is in development? It's the same thing here, and it's nothing new; one can't expect video game developers to create a completely new set of textures every time a new game comes out - it's a total waste of time when you have perfectly adequate and reuseable images readily available for recycling.

No biggie, you can't see the other side of the moon anyway due to the constant rotation of the Earth and Moon.

This. I never thought of this before. I mean, obviously Eggman blew up a huge chunk of the moon, but it wasn't exactly half (more like 1/3) and it was a well contained blast. It's entirely possible that the moon may have shifted and maybe that's just why we don't see the explod side anymore. Or Sonic Team just got lazy and forgot, but I kind of like this idea.

Of course there's probably some sort of fancy scientific property or theorem or law or whatnot that completely undermines everything I just said, but it's a video game where someone actually a developed a laser capable of seriously messing up the moon so I think conventional science is a bit screwed over in this situation.

The-moon-you-cant-explain-that.jpg

I think the whole moon issue was a huge oversight on Sonic Team's part. Interestingly enough though, the possible existence of 2 (or more) moons can really change things here.

See we worked this out in the chat room. The moon was repaired by the Biolizard and Moon Gaia as repentance to humanity some time after the events of SA2. They used the Chaos Emeralds and the Eclipse Fanon (a laser that shoots fanon) to twist the moon back into shape like Sonic Team told them to.

• Thumbs Up 1