Awoo.

Dead Island

AdventChild

Dead Island Logo Censored

Oh my God, why are people so sensitive about things like this... It's a fucking zombie hanging from a tree, ESRB. Really, why does a game not aimed for children need to have it's logo censored?

From my understanding, the logo in-game has not been changed but the box art has since people flicking through games on a shelf of any age could see that, though the company has confirmed the logo with the hanging guy is still in-game.

Not saying I agree particularly but I do understand, just I don't really think it's necessary. Especially since it's nonsensical in a wider scheme.I mean, I have seen video game covers with blood and zombies on them before. Why is it suddenly not alright to have a cover with a hanging zombie when other covers on all forms of media, including books, movies, and other games have content like this on their covers anyways?

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

Games shops should really have a "Rated 18" section in shops, would make life a bit easier. :huh:

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

I do feel a bit ripped-off by these developments with regards to the trailer vs gameplay. =\ Interest in the game has dropped quite significantly.

I do feel a bit ripped-off by these developments with regards to the trailer vs gameplay. =\ Interest in the game has dropped quite significantly.

I said this before: Trailers always lie. This sort of thing happens all the time.

I'm sure it does, but it's the first time it's happened to me. All I was really expecting was some kind of emotional storyline, or at least a mature, realistic representation of the scenario (something akin to The Walking Dead on TV).

I'm sure it does, but it's the first time it's happened to me. All I was really expecting was some kind of emotional storyline, or at least a mature, realistic representation of the scenario (something akin to The Walking Dead on TV).

We don't know that it doesn't do that. To quote out interview with them:

ROH: Many people were quite moved by the trailer, but are a bit worried if this emotional approach will be held in the actual game. It has been said the story is to be full of mystery and drama, do you suspect there are scenes in the game that may emotionally impact players like the trailer has?

Sebastian: Yes. It’s violent, fast, revolting and there are gut punching emotional scenes. But of course in the context of the game they work differently compared to the trailer. A trailer has to work in 2 minutes. The game has to hook you for hours, even weeks.

New trailer. No gameplay or anything, just more heartstring-tugging scenes.

Rock Paper Shotgun, and probably some other sites too, will be getting their hands on the game in a few weeks so we'll finally find out if it's Just Another Zombie Shooter or something more interesting and exciting.

Edited by Flint

You know, sooner or later these "BREAKING THE MOLD" style zombie games as they always advertise them, or any other themed game for that matter, will run out of marketing clichés.

It's almost becoming incredibly comical. And increasingly worn out.

Looks pretty good, a few things in there that were a tad annoying (sprint meter being so intrusive and NPC's talking way too much) but overall it looks fun. I'm looking forward to seeing the multiplayer aspects, as that's the bit I'm most looking forward to.

Looks pretty good, a few things in there that were a tad annoying (sprint meter being so intrusive and NPC's talking way too much) but overall it looks fun. I'm looking forward to seeing the multiplayer aspects, as that's the bit I'm most looking forward to.

One thing I know is since the game has RPG elements, the sprint meter expands with the skill tree you can choose (along with other things like stamina, etc). On NPC though some were a bit long-winded but I also know their optional. Knowing me, I'll listen to them though. And apparently multiplayer is being shown at E3 so we'll see that then.

"God-DAMN IT THIS IS HOPELESS!"

"God-DAMN IT THIS IS HOPELESS!"

Yeah, besides the inevitably repetitive NPC dialogue, still looking good. Slowly becoming quite excited for this. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Got an e-mail from ShopTo.net and thought I'd share the details with those looking to buy the game.

ShopTo.net has a pre-order DLC pack called Bloodbath Arena. They're also giving away a free Dead Island t-shirt with the game.

PS3: £35.86

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3DE21-Dead%20Island.html

Xbox 360: £35.86

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2DE25-Dead%20Island.html

PC: £27.85

http://www.shopto.net/PC/VIDEO%20GAMES/PCDE18-Dead%20Island.html

I live in thr same country as developer so when I will be in Cracow (Krakow here) I will try it out.

Is there some kind of event in Kraków or what?

I happen to be there right now on vacation.

Not really but developer is Techland. They let Polish gamers play their games sometimes. (at their HQ) wchich is in Kraków. Tho only some people can try them out (I was lucky one to try out Call of Juarez Bound in Blood) so dont get your hopes up.

Oh and welcome to Poland! I hope you will enjoy vacation in my Country :)

Edited by HUNTER297

• 1 month later...

So then...

The game is finally out and guess what... it's not very good. The reviews on the game are not kind at all, constantly I see complaints about it being a dull and boring experience.

However... thats tiny compared to the problem which is the games quality control.

The game has already recieved a patch which has over 70 fixes for serious game breaking bugs.

But thats not the best bit.

Did you download it on Steam? You did! Well guess what, you have to re-download it again. It turns out that the version on Steam is actually an old Xbox 360 development copy and not the final PC version. We know it's the Xbox 360 version because during the game, the button prompts are actually those for an Xbox 360 pad and not a PC keyboard!

The game becomes unplayable at some points with both NPC's and Zombies falling through floors and walls. The players inventory will randomly vanish and never return... and... well.. theres a Kotaku video.

Two videos on Kotaku's page showing the hilarity in action. My personal favourite is a zombie which randomly spawns on a landing but just stands there looking at the player not attacking him.

Try not to laugh when you watch these videos, it's quite a challenge.