Awoo.

Don't you just love CTA Digitals videogame accessories?

Badnik Mechanic

As long as there have been videogames, theres been accessories, attachments to controllers or strange plastic devices that cost an arm and a leg but promise to make you a gaming God!

powerglove.jpg

I love the Power Glove.

Today I would like to bring your attention to CTA Digital, CTA Digital is a company that makes a variety of accessories for consoles and handheld devices. The bulk of them have three things in common... when they go on sale, they come with a very low budget video showing off just how 'hardcore' they are (remember that word, they'll use it a lot) the second thing they have in common... they're complete and utter crap. The final thing would be, the moment you use one of their products, you are officially the most ridiculous looking person on the planet.

The inflatable racing car for wii!

wiikart529.jpg

According to CTA the inflatable racing car for Wii gives you a more intense racing experience and... if you sit in this you will be able to maneuver your way through obstacles with precision. Wow, and here I was thinking it was an inflatable car with a plastic wheel grafted on...

The Ultimate Boxing Gloves

cta8310.jpg

And now we have a PS Move attachment... well you attach it to your hands at least. The gloves are fingerless and they do... urm... well... *reads the PR notes* Oh yes! They add even more realism to your gaming experience... wait? How?

Yup, thats all what they do, you wear them, and hold the Playstation Move controller. Thats it, thats how it adds more realism, you wear fingerless gloves.

The Wii Bowling Ball

Due to the shere volume of Wii Bowling games that are out there, CTA have made their own bowling ball! Just look at the size of that thing, only something that size has the ability to... and again I quote from the sites own notes here, "Wii bowling experience into a perfect 300." There you have it, use this thing and you will get a strike each time you throw the ball... just pray to got the wire doesn't snap or else that thing will destroy your home as well as your TV.

Playstation Move Sniper Rifle Gun

gamplaystationmovesniper530.jpg

WOW I've never seen anything so stupid in my life. Whilst I could describe it... I think their marketing video does a far better job than anything I could do.

Things to note.

* The only time that the PS Move is turned on is when hes not playing the game.

* The gun is so advanced that the PS Eye is never turned on.

* It has a usable scope... thats going to come in handy when you use it and the only thing that zooms in is the single pixel your aiming at instead of giving you an actual zoomed in image.

* At 1:04 the gun shows off it's recoil ability... the player has to do it when he fires.

* At 0:10 the gun proves to be so good that the player is forced to shoot and kill his own team-mates.

* At 0:31 the gun is so good that it actually makes someone on the other team kill the enemy that you were shooting at from only a few inches away. (keep watching, its the medic who gets the kill not the person who made the video).

* At 0:34... MORE OPTIONAL RECOIL!

So who else is going to buy this gun despite not owning PS Move or a PS3?

Tripod stand for Kinect.

Have you ever wanted to place your Kinect camera on something totally stupid... well now you can! With the tripod kinect stand. What an age we live in. They basically went to Jessops and bought a camera tripod and slapped a Kinect on there.

Kinect Bowling Ball

You know the reason why you bought a kinect? Hands free gaming... well now you can use a controller! With the Kinect Bowling ball! Completely forget the point of Kinect and buy this accessory for hands free gaming which you use a controller for! Currently (I swear I'm not making this up) compatible with TWO games!

CTA Digitals website

Theres so much stuff on there you could dedicate and entire forum to their pieces of crap.

Edited by Hogfather

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• Superstarsmasher

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, these very well may be the worst ideas I've ever seen. I have seen many crappy add-ons over the years, but this just takes the cake. Especially the bowling ball and useless gloves. I will never understand the minds of the fools who designed these, nor do I want to. This is insulting.