Awoo.

Jurassic Park: The game

Badnik Mechanic

You know how about this time last year we found out about the back to the future games and also that the same company was and has made Back to the Future? Well they also teased that they would be doing Jurassic Park too... and... it looks and sounds almost exactly like Heavy Rain, which is good, since Heavy Rain is good... but bad in that... well... it's Jurassic Park man!

Got some extra large pictures for you. Theres also a trailer mini death montage after the pics.

jpscreenshotgerrytriceratops.jpg

jpscreenshotraptorsnedrysjeep.jpg

jpscreenshottrexgerryvisitorscenter.jpg

jpscreenshottrextrifight.jpg

Video

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jurassic Park is frightening in the dark, all the dinosaurs are running wild! There was a good article in GameInformer #214 for this game, it certainly got me excited for it. I'm a pretty big Jurassic Park fan, though I'm a bit disappointed I can't play as the movie's chars (mainly Ian Malcolm) but I suppose following the movie's loose ends with new chars won't be too bad.

• 8 months later...

Looks pretty cool man, I love Jurassic Park and I love dinosaurs. Turok on Xbox 360 was the last dinosaur game I played and it was brilliant.

Oops

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/18/telltale-devs-caught-juking-metacritic-user-reviews-studio-stan/

When Telltale employees aren't busy getting into protracted online arguments over the handling of promotional Jeeps, they're apparently artificially boosting the user review score of the studio's latest release, Jurassic Park: The Game. GameSpot spotted as much this week after the game launched, pointing out that few reviewers (if any) received the game early for review, and that the only user reviews on Metacritic were notoriously high (10s), featuring "gushing" praise for the title.

As it turns out, after some quick Googling, the user reviews belonged to Telltale Games employees -- a user interface artist and a cinematic artist, according to GameSpot. Telltale, however, stands behind the two offenders. "Telltale Games do not censor or muzzle its employees in what they post on the internet," studio reps said. "It is being communicated internally that anyone who posts in an industry forum will acknowledge that they are a Telltale employee. In this instance, two people who were proud of the game they worked on, posted positively on Metacritic under recognizable online forum and XBLA account names."

Well I suppose it's not as bad as the devs on PSN who buy the games just so they can rate them 5 stars.

But it's still epically shit when devs do this.

Edited by Hogfather

I didn't realize the new game was a point & click game. I recently purchased one of the older JP games (the one for Genesis).

As long as it was the original one and not Rampage Edition, that's all the Jurassic Park gaming you will ever need.

Though the Sega CD one is pretty good, too.

• 2 months later...

So then... how can you tell your game is bad?

You cancel the retail release of the Xbox 360 version! Thats how bad it is!

Whilst the game is on Xbox Live here in the UK, the planned retail release will not be happening anymore for the Xbox 360, the PC version however is still getting a retail release. Now the PS3 version had no plans to get a retail version at any time, however they did also say this for Back to the Future which did end up coming to retail on disk.

I guess all those fake 10's the employees put on the metacritic didn't pay off eh?

Whilst the game is on Xbox Live here in the UK, the planned retail release will not be happening anymore for the Xbox 360

I take it that's just the UK version? Because I know I saw retail copies at Target a couple weeks ago, and I'm fairly certain it was for 360.

Unfortunately, I'm not as interested in this as I should be, mainly because of the bad reviews. Such a shame, because I really liked the Back to the Future games, I thought Jurassic Park would be just as good.

You know, I'd honestly like to see someone take another stab at a Trespasser-like game. Yeah that game was even more poorly recieved then this one, but it had some fantastic ideas. If done right, it could have made for a really cool survival/horror FPS mash-up.

Edited by Speederino

I'll get this when it's cheaper. I'm a JP fan, but the $40 price tag is too much. I'd rather buy the books or invest in a real life Ingen.

I can't really say I'm too happy with the way this game looks, which is a real shame for me, being someone who enjoyed the Sam & Max games and absolutely loved the Back to the Future games. I'm a fan of Jurassic Park too, but this game just doesn't look like it does the movie any justice.