Awoo.

The Canonicity of Sonic Characters!

Kuzu

Sorry Shade, I like you, but you are just a Bioware fan character lol.

Make a work for profit with Shade as the main character and tell me whose name is on the C&D letter you get.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I don't wonder, why? Because finding out the canon to the Sonic games is just as hard as finding out the canon for the Zelda games. Considering the fact that the canon doesn't even matter.(At least, to me it doesn't, I just play Sonic for some nice momentum based platforming, fantastic music, and a well told light hearted story.)

Edited by Schismatist
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sad that Shade is not canon. Of all the new Sonic characters she was my favorite. Hopefully Sega will use her again, but I'm doubtful.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't be possible to have someone closer to Sonic Team come here and help solve this great problem for us all?

No, because without mysteries, we wouldn't have these epic multipage discussions.

Wouldn't be possible to have someone closer to Sonic Team come here and help solve this great problem for us all?

"closer to Sonic Team"? You mean Sonic Team themselves?

I'm sad that Shade is not canon. Of all the new Sonic characters she was my favorite. Hopefully Sega will use her again, but I'm doubtful.

Very true. But I think part of why that is is because I don't think Shade really offered anything unique in terms of personality or background. Everything about her, to me, just seemed way too simular to Blaze with being dead-pan serious, buisness-like and being hard to please in other people's capabilities. Not to mention her backstory and character devolopment in the game was loosely based off Julie-Su. Everything other than her design was just unoriginal IMO.

Edited by DragonSoul