Awoo.

What was your first console?

Crystal Kingfisher

My first console was the Playstation, first played it when I was 5 and had it since my 6th birthday. I remember when I was 5, my parents took me to Family Video (a video store in Wisconsin, which was where I lived when I was young) and told me to rent a game console. There were 3 there to rent, Playstation, Nintendo 64, and Dreamcast. In the rack that had these consoles, it showed the console mascots next to the console title, and because I was always entertained by the guy in the Crash costume that showed up on the Playstation commercials when I was 4, I had to get the Playstation. I rented one game on it just to start us off, and I rented Glover. I would spend hours exploring the worlds in that game. Then for my 6th birthday, I got a Playstation along with a few games. Then at the age of 7, my dad rented Dino Crisis and played it that night when I was sleeping, then the next day he let me try it. It was my first M-rated game, such memories... He wouldn't let me play games too gory though, he didn't let me play Resident Evil until I was 9 and got the Gamecube for my 9th birthday. And I remember when I was 8, we rented a game called Fear Effect, and in the intro, a woman's throat was cut or some other gory death, and my dad had to turn the PS1 off immediately. I wonder how he'd react if we rented Metal Gear Solid instead and saw Ocelot's arm get chopped off.

I have lots of memories from the console, but I'll stop here because there is a LOT. My favorite PS1 games are Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Spyro 1-3, Dino Crisis 1 and 2, Resident Evil 1-3, Tenchu, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Klonoa, and so much more.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brainfog

• Crystal Kingfisher

• Silencer226

• BlueFlare

Let's see... when I was like four, I went to my cousin's house they showed me Super Mario 64. I was amazed that TV's could do this and long story short, I got hooked. So I got an N64 for my birthday with Super Mario 64 and whatever that Nintendo 64 kid did, I did ten times over. My mom only let me play for an hour a day, but she eventually extended that to two and she stopped caring by the time I was ten.

I think my first console was playstation, my dad had came home with it one day when i was 3 and he hooked it up and showed me and my brothers some of the games he had got with it. I think the games he had got with it where resident evil, spyro, crash bandicoot, tekken, doom, and gran turismo. I still have that playstation, but the controller port's dont work anymore so i cant really play it anymore.

Edited by Servo

The NES, back in '92. Yes, I've had a controller in my hands since before I was 1 year old. :P It was technically my parents' console I guess but apparently I was hooked even though I couldn't really do anything seeing as babies aren't exactly skilled gamers, y'know. :lol: Lots of memories as a kid playing Duck Hunt with that bright orange NES Zapper. I miss that thing, wish my parents hadn't sold it and all the games we had for it.

My first console was a Genesis/Mega Drive back when I was 4. My dad used to play games alot and that was the only console we could afford at the time, we only had Sonic 3 for it and me and my older brother used to play it all the time (I was always Tails, he was Sonic.) Eventually my dad stopped playing it so it was just me and my brother on it. I dont know if we still have it or not, I wouldnt be surprised if it was gone due to the fact that I havent seen it in 6 years (I was 8 when I last saw it)

Edited by Blaziken

My first console was a SEGA GameGear that I got on either my 4th birthday, or just some random occasion. My dad and aunt took my cousin and I to Wal-Mart/K-Mart to pick out a handheld system with a game. My cousin picked a transparent GameBoy Pocket that came with Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle and Tetris. I chose the GameGear that came with Sonic 2, some board game collection, and a baseball game. I was already a fan of Sonic because I used to watch my other cousins play Sonic 1 on their Genesis and the green and blue colors captivated me, so playing in black and white didn't appeal to me also. I've been playing her until early 2002, when the last game I got for her was Sonic Spinball. She now sits on my bookshelf, reflecting her former life, and waiting until the world needs her to save it.

photo041409001e.jpg

fucking camera phone

Favorite games: Sonic 2, Sonic Chaos, and that's it. =|

Worst game: Super Battletank; The intro screen says that the game is dedicated to those who served in Operation Desert Storm, so that must mean that the developers didn't give a shit about the troops OR the game. You're in first person mode in a tank in the middle of a desert. You drive around. That's all you do. No enemies to shoot or anything.

Edited by Ricky

My first console was teh Good old NES baby. I started playin games back in 1992 when I was only 2 friggin years old.

First game: Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt

I was later introduced to my dad's Atari 2600 (which I now own).

then in 96 I got a Super nintendo. I wouldn't get an N64 until 97 or 98.

I got my first Sonic game (Sonic 2) and Sega Genesis in 99 for like 15 bucks at a yard sale.

I started out on the right foot as far as great games go.

Imagine how my life would have turned out if my first console would have been a Philips CD-I.

OH NOEZ!

The NES, back in '92. Yes, I've had a controller in my hands since before I was 1 year old. :P It was technically my parents' console I guess but apparently I was hooked even though I couldn't really do anything seeing as babies aren't exactly skilled gamers, y'know. :lol: Lots of memories as a kid playing Duck Hunt with that bright orange NES Zapper. I miss that thing, wish my parents hadn't sold it and all the games we had for it.

OMG. You and me have ALMOST the same story! LOL

A Sega Megadrive, I was about 4 when I got my first one. It was a gift for a birthday I think. I t came with a 6 in 1 game. Sonic 1, Shinobe, Sega GP, Columbs and some other games, it was so long ago I can't remember. I do remember at one point being scared of Dr. R. I couldn't finish act 3. From then on I played it so much. I ended up getting Sonic 2, Ranger-X and Toy Story shortly after that.

I recently found my MD, can't find all the cables though sadly.

My first console was a Sega Genesis back on Christmas 1993. I remember getting Sonic 1 and 2, plus a strategy guide along with it. I remember at the time I was just getting into Sonic and wanted a Sega Genesis along with the games for Christmas. I still have a video of me opening those presents too. It was one of the best Christmases ever!

My first console was the Nintendo Entertainment system, which I received from my uncle when he bought his Super Nintendo. I was only around 3 years old, but I still remember playing Super Mario Bros. and Zelda II.

My first handheld console was the classic Gameboy which was given to me by a friend along with an old Donkey Kong game and Pokemon Red. As for the major consoles, my first experience was with the old PlayStation with games like Crash Bandicoot 2 and SimCity 2000 but the first console I actually owned was the Dreamcast.

For a long time, my parents hated video games. They still do, but not as much since the introduction of the Wii.

I started off at my friend's house, playing some Star Wars game and Mario Sunshine on his GameCube. Then, he showed me his GBA and Pokemon Ruby, and I was hooked on video games. That was back in 2003, or somewhere around that time. I only got to play at my friends' houses from then on, unless my mom was there to monitor me at the parties. Then I didn't get to play at all.

I lasted like that for a few more years until Christmas 2006, when I got my first handheld system, the GBA SP, and Pokemon LeafGreen with it. Even though it was old, I didn't care, because I loved video games, and I was happy to get any. That was my favorite gift that year, and it wasn't even from my parents! I didn't get to open it until halfway through 2007, though, when we moved and I convinced my dad that there wasn't much to do during the moving process, and so he let me open it.

It was fun, but when my uncle got a Wii, my parents deemed it appropriate, as it could actually provide more interactive fun and exercise than the other consoles. So for Christmas 2007, my sisters and I got a Wii. We received Wii Play along with the standard Wii Sports in every package. I got bored of those soon, so I went to GameStop and bought SatSR. And that's when I got into Sonic.

My first console was an SNES. I still have it but I need to buy a AC Adapter for it since my original one is gone all of a sudden.

I had plenty of consoles in my lifetime.

My first being an NES. There was a SNES, a Sega Genesis, a Gameboy, A playstation, and an N64 too.

But most of those were usually either the family's system, or a relatives system. We had very few games that I wanted to play for them. I would always be the one using the systems the most, and it was almost always a Mario game that I was using on them. ( Pokemon on Gameboy, and Sonic on Sega... ) ...Occasionally my Brother and I would rent games for them, play 2 player mode, or fight over who's turn it was.

But truly, my first system, at least the way I see it, was the Gamecube. I put a lot of money down on that, but my Mother helped pay off the remainder. This was the only system I actively bought a lot of games for. ( in the past, I don't ever remember owning more than 4 or 5 games per system... ) ...And nobody in the house besides me was all that interested in playing it. By this time, my mind was open to way more than just Mario, Sonic had almost every game he's ever been in ported to Nintendo, and a low paying job, but a job nonetheless, and then I learned that you can pre-order games, paying a little bit at a time. What a Time to be alive.

NES may be the first system in my house, but but Gamecube was the first system I paid money for, bought a lot of games for, and had the system all to myself for the most part.

My first console was the Sega Genesis. I got it for my 2nd birthday (1992), and I still love it. Ironically, my first game was Sonic the Hedgehog.

My first portable Console was the Sega Game Gear. I ended up getting a Sega Nomad (the portable verison of the Genesis), because of games like Sonic Drift. The Game Gear had such potential. :(

Edited by Fangz The Wolf

The Atari 7800.

atari_7800.jpg

I had this circa 1987. It was a really nice and impressive console. It was originally my cousins' system and they gave it to me since they got a Nintendo Entertainment System to replace it. I was jealous, I wanted to have an NES. I eventually got a NES console later and I think it was in 1989. The 7800 was a good console to start off with. It played all Atari games back in the 1980's. Good times.

The Sega Genesis. There really isn't a story to tell. I had a Genesis (3 of them), I played Sonic, it was fun, two became an hero.

Man, its kind of weird for me to answer but I don't remember XD.

When I was a wee baby I had a NES, as did my aunt and grandmaw and I remember Mario and TMNT. Though I remember Super Mario Brothers having an overworld map like Mario 3's just.... Mario 1 XD.

Then I got a Gameboy Pocket sometime later. Believe I was in 3rd grade, got Tetris and Zelda with it. I remember burning through batteries just chopping down bushes in Zelda XD. Mom bought me a recharge pack the next day. Speaking of which, remember those fucking bastards?! Christ on a stick, almost big as the system >_<. Sometime around this time period I also had a SNES but I was afraid to play it. Why? Because the first fucking game I played was Killer Instinct. Yes. At like the age of six XD.

Then I remember very well spending hours at my neighbor's house playing Frogger and Croc on her Playstation and mom asked me if I wanted a Playstation or N64. Well, since every time I was at Wal Mart I'd spend more time on the '64 I chose that and got it on Christmas. So despite all the consoles I had before my '64 I still consider is my "first" because its the one that got me addicted and into gaming. Thank you, Banjo-Kazooie <3.

My earliest memory of a video game is Megaman 4, so NES. It didn't really get me that much into video games, evident by the fact that I own four games for it (SMB/Duck Hunt, Ninja Turtles, SMB 2, SMB3). I think the one I played first was a rental, which explains why Megaman isn't in that list.

Didn't really get into games until I got a taste of the Genesis, though. My first memory of being impressed by graphics was in Sonic 1, when Sonic flew up really high in the air off that big wall, using the speed shoes.

Our first console was a NES, my sister and I shared it. Then she bought a SNES and let me share that too. Then her boyfriend got a Megadrive and used to let me play on it whenever I wanted to and that's how I got to play Sonic! Then we got an N64 just before I moved to the Philippines. For some reason we didn't take that, but I did take my PS1 which my sister gave me as a present. I got a Gameboy Colour while I was out there, for Christmas. Then when we came back to England I didn't have any consoles for a while. Then I saved up my pocket money and bought a PS2. A few years later I did the same and bought myself a DS. Then I came to Uni and met Jez who had a Wii and his DS. Then we bought a 360 when we moved into our current house.

Nothing exciting lol

My first game I recall owning was some Aladin game. It was one of those cheap-o LCD calculator graphics handheld things, so that doesn't exactly count as a "console", I suppose.

Sometime around the PS1's release I think, my cousin gave me his old SNES. After all, he probably wouldn't be playing it much once he got his shiny new Playstation.

I never really got too big into gaming until the late N64 era, so I didn't have too many Triple A titles. The games I recall owning for the SNES were Super Mario World (still my favorite game), Taz-Mania, Frogger, Paperboy, John Madden's Football, and Mario Paint, though my cousin was a fag and lost the mouse for that game, but still gave me the cartridge for some reason. To this day I have never played Mario Paint on my SNES. That cart just looks at me, taunting me. >:[

I never really played much other than Super Mario World, and I never attempted to get too far due to my fear of the castles, but man. Nothing can ever beat a peaceful summer night indoors playing SNES on an old, crummy television.

Sadly, I traded in my first SNES like an idiot, but I still have a funky looking SNES-2 I still play sometimes. It's a goal of mine to get some more titles for it, but there aren't any places here I can get them cheap, so bah. :/

Edited by The Damn Cat

My first console was a Atari 2600 (newer black model) I got for my birthday when I turned 5. Awesome, I got some games with it too. Pole Position was my favorite game at the time. I also really liked Mario Bros. and Pitfall.

2 years later, in '92, I got a NES, so my Atari had to go. Didn't mind it then, but would love to have it again now.

My first console was the Sega Mega Drive. When I first had this console, I was literally hooked to the system, and it would take several attempts from my mum to stop me playing it. Sonic 2 and Strider were some of the games I would keep on playing (And I still have them! :o ).

And I still have my Mega Drive right now, it's sitting atop of my Mega CD, with the Mega CD attached to the Mega Drive (Mega CD being the Model 1).

The console after the Mega Drive was the Sony Playstation, yet another console I would never stop playing. Since after the Playstation, it was literally 3 years before I got another console.

Edited by Mizuchi

My first console was a Super Nintendo. I was 5 around the time and I loved it to death and I would play it as soon as I came home from school. I had a few games and I used to play Donkey Kong Country over and over again especially the final stage becasue I loved the song.

Edited by Shade737

Most of you people make me feel old :/

The very first console was a Commodore of some sort, but I was far too young to be able to remember the specifics. We had some kind of racnig game (I swear with a wheel too) and a Count Duckula game, but that's all I remember.

BNah, what I remember more vividly is the NES, which we got when I was only 2 or 3. Super Mario Bros 1 & 3, Zelda 1 & 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 & 3, Marble Madness...we had some classics in our house, alright.

The first console I remember actually getting was an Amiga (once again, can't be specific) which was bundled with Pushover. I must only have been 3 or 4, and this replaced the Commodore. With this we'd get games like Monkey Island 1 & 2, Street Fighter 2 and Soccer Kid.

The NES lasted all the way up until we got a Playstation in about 98 actually, so it lasted about 10 years. Still in the attic. Sure, we got a Mega Drive when I was 6 or something (bundled with Sonic 2 and a 3-in-1 cartridge), but that NES had a damn good run.