Awoo.

New Burning Rangers game coming?

OKeijiDragon

http://burningrangers.com/

Or if you don't want to even bother:

new.jpg

I just learned about this from someone at ASSEMBLER. The last time it was modified was in Thursday, April 09, 2009 12:46:15 PM (Time area unknown).

I hope this isn't some fan site, or anything. How can we tell if this site belongs to Sega?

EDIT: Also the trademark for Burning Rangers is dead, and that's the only thing that comes up when I search for "Burning Rangers". So don't ask me about that.

Edited by Keiji Dragon

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tornado

• Crystal Kingfisher

• ShadiWulf

• Indigo Rush

Proof once again that Naka was single-handedly keeping Sega from ruining Sonic Team's Saturn games. Assuming its real.

Edited by Tornado

Burning Rangers has cameos in both PSO and PSU, don't think Sonic Team ever forgot about it, just gotta wait for them to fuck up another classic SEGA IP ^___^

or maybe.. just maybe it will be a good game from Sonic Team, which would be amazing.

I suppose if Sega were the type to spend $7 a month on oversold shared hosting, and had amateurs coding their pages, then they could own that site.

What b'man said.

Although you know what I'd like to see? Platinum Games developed Burning Rangers sequel.

Make it happen, SEGA.

Son of a bitch.

This is the fifth time this has happened to me.

It's like every time I think of a videogame idea or a remake, Sega announces it, like 5 days later.

They did this with Sonic Riders, they did this with Sonic Battle, they did this with NiGHTS, and now Burning Rangers.

It's like they have me freaking bugged or something. Dang.

What b'man said.

Although you know what I'd like to see? Platinum Games developed Burning Rangers sequel.

Make it happen, SEGA.

You just brought a smile to my face, sir.

I thank you.

I haven't played the first Burning Rangers (I haven't played a lot of Saturn games), but if this is real I'll try it. If not, I'll just get the original on the Saturn.

...don't think Sonic Team ever forgot about it, just gotta wait for them to f--- up another classic SEGA IP ^___^

Besides Sonic (and that is still debatable), which of its properties have Sega degraded? I do not recall such a thing happening to NiGHTS.

I do not recall such a thing happening to NiGHTS.

Um, Journey of Dreams? Made all the more sickening by the fact that Sega remade the original game at about the same time and then refused to export it.

Edited by Tornado

Besides Sonic (and that is still debatable), which of its properties have Sega degraded? I do not recall such a thing happening to NiGHTS.

well... lol, this isn't Sonic Team but...

Golden Axe and I know theres more... I just don't feel like going through a list of SEGA's games.

I'm the only one that liked sonic tem old game ramakes?

I enjoyed NIGHTS: Journey of Dreams....A LOT! Samba de Amigo was what I expected...I don't see what's the problem here?

I'm the only one that liked sonic tem old game ramakes?

I enjoyed NIGHTS: Journey of Dreams....A LOT! Samba de Amigo was what I expected...I don't see what's the problem here?

Journey of Dreams isn't a remake, and the original NiGHTS is WAY better than Journey of Dreams. I haven't played the Samba de Amigo remake for Wii, but I heard it was really bad.

I haven't played the Samba de Amigo remake for Wii, but I heard it was really bad.

Games Radar had a video comparing the controls of the original game to the controls of the Wii version. The results...weren't pretty.

Games Radar had a video comparing the controls of the original game to the controls of the Wii version. The results...weren't pretty.

I've played the Wii version of Samba de Amigo and it's a fun game, it's just the Wii's lack of a decent motion sensor. It tells you to put your hands in a certain place and even though you do it, it doesn't quite register.

(Because really, how do you mess up a game where you just place your hands in a certain place)

Oh I really want this to be true! Burning Rangers was my second favourite game for the Saturn just after NiGHTS. Sure it was short but like NiGHTS the point is to play through the game multiple times. In Burning Rangers though the levels were slightly different each time and had slightly different people in different places to rescue. Even Claris and Elliott made an appearance. All the characters sent you letters up to 3 I think and some Sonic Team members were included but their letters would give you codes to play as different members of the Burning Rangers that you couldn’t normally.

Bah, I just hope if this turns out to be true they don’t screw it up like NiGHTS for Wii. At least the controls should be easy enough. The camera in the original was wasy enough to centre behind your character and Wii Remote assisted hovering and aiming actually sounds fun.

NiGHTS, Golden Axe, Samba de Amigo. If this is real and ends up sucking too, then what's next? Sucky-Shenmue?

Oh noooooooooooooooo!!!!! D: Don't do it!

NiGHTS, Golden Axe, Samba de Amigo. If this is real and ends up sucking too, then what's next? Sucky-Shenmue?

If they ruin Shenmue, I'm going to turn emo.

• 2 weeks later...

Urh to be fair, Samba De Amigo was a decent game, the only real problem was that it hasn't aged well and with games like Guitar Hero nobody wants a game about a samba monkeys. NiGHTs was mediocre... The only true stinker was Golden Axe.

Also, I don't know why it keeps coming up the whole 'Sega ruins their games' thing is nonsense... I mean, clearly you haven't played the recent Virtua Fighter, OutRun, After Burner Climax, Virtual On, Phantasy Star Zero, Puyo Pop and House of the Dead, among others these are all also old Sega IPs that have returned or never went away that are all still very awesome peaces of work.

It's a mixed bag when it comes to Classics, as is Capcom, Konami and most Japanese publishers... But right now I think saying the old 'Sega Sucks' would be a huge disservice to what they have accomplished in 2009, including releasing some of the best games of the year and pretty much single handedly keeping the Wii relievant.

Urh to be fair, Samba De Amigo was a decent game, the only real problem was that it hasn't aged well and with games like Guitar Hero nobody wants a game about a samba monkeys.

Yeah. Despite the fact that half of the Wii library basically lives off the same idea, its the concept that made the Wii port suck. Not that the controls were awful.

Also, I don't know why it keeps coming up the whole 'Sega ruins their games' thing is nonsense... I mean, clearly you haven't played the recent Virtua Fighter, OutRun, After Burner Climax, Virtual On, Phantasy Star Zero, Puyo Pop and House of the Dead, among others these are all also old Sega IPs that have returned or never went away that are all still very awesome peaces of work.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Phantasy Star Zero and Puyo Pop don't really support your stance. They have to balance out the mess the Sonic, Golden Axe, arguably NiGHTS and arguably Phantasy Star series have become.