Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

Personally I want it to be more like Mario 64, less like Galaxy. A lot of people probably won't agree with me on that front, but Mario 64 is the only 3D Mario title I like :3.

I am excited though to see where this goes!

• Thumbs Up 2

To be honest, I'm very excited about this. I intend on getting a 3DS. I will definitely want this title. I wanted to get the 3DS only for the re-release of StarFox 64, now I want the 3DS for Super Mario 3DS. It's gonna be a pretty immense title and this is gonna be hyped up. I hope it plays like Mario 64, that's one of my favorite Mario titles. I have so many great memories playing Mario 64.

Nice screenshots, I wonder how Mario lost his hat.

I'm really excited for this, and I find a tail at the end of the logo interesting. Could this be the return of the raccoon suit from Super Mario 3?

Is anyone realizing this is essentially a return of the classic Mario gameplay.. in 3D?

Just look at it. There are question blocks everywhere. There are several gimmicks from NSMB in there (bottom-right picture). There's the raccoon suit's tail in the logo, and there's freaking small Mario.

You know what that means right? That's right.

tumblr_lfsznqp2WJ1qa9818.jpg

<3

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like classic Mario in 3D, how can this go wrong? This esscentially looks like what I wanted NSMBWii to look like, only fully in 3D.

I friggin love Mario. To see him in his tiny mini Mario form ala the classics... it's just so awesome. I approve.

FUCK YES.

OH FUCK YES.

OH FUCKING FUCK IN A FUCKING FUCK BASKET FILLED WITH FUCKS ALL YELLING FUCK YES.

This will be the greatest game. As long as if there is the Fire Flower, it's not timed. Or if there is a Tanooki/Leaf powerup. Which also isn't timed.

Oh fuck it, it's got tiny Mario how could they fuck this up at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty freaking ecstatic right now. Can't wait to find out more info.

I'll buy 40 copies if that tail in the title means Racoon Mario will be making his long overdue return.

Edited by Gunthidoodles

Agree with pretty much everyone else in the topic: it looks like a classic Mario game translated perfectly into 3D, which is great. The only thing that worries me (that someone brought up in the other topic) is that it looks like there's a comet medal present in the lower right screen, which means it might be another Mario Galaxy game ("Super Mario Galaxy 3D", perhaps?). Don't get me wrong, I loved the first two Galaxy games, but I think a third game (portable or not) would just be stretching it a bit.

I'd also be pleased if this turns out more like Mario 64 than classic Mario as well; we haven't had an exploration-heavy Mario game in a while. Either way though, I'm really looking forward to this.

Very interesting. Raccoon or Tanooki Mario is pretty much guaranteed, given the raccoon tail in the logo mimicking the logo from SMB3. And the shot of small Mario is kind of odd; I wonder if they're ditching the life bar in favor of the old powerup style.

Tail, but no ears? Didn't the SMB3 logo have a tail and ears? I am going to go ahead and say it's a tadpole tail or something.

Anyways, I am more excited for this than I am ... Skywards sword? That's saying something. It does look like Galaxy, but there are no signs of gravity puzzles. And if yo ask me, Mario Galaxy 2 was pretty much just like classic Mario but in 3D, except for the fact that it was loaded with gravity puzzles. And anyways, that may look like a comet coin, but I get the feeling it's gonna be called a "star coin" or something, but will probably function the same as comet coins, maybe? I mean, when we saw red coins in Mario 64, did we assume it was a Yoshi's island sequel?

Super Mario 3.... DS?

Maybe it's a play on words? Everyone knows/expects it to be called Mario 3Ds, what if it's in fact a remake of Mario 3? In 3D?

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not crazy about Raccoon Mario because it's kind of tedious to fly by tapping A while holding B with my thumb, unless I use two fingers.

One thing I liked about Super Mario Advance 4 was that the shoulder buttons worked as run buttons, so it was a lot easier to control him.

I love the Galaxies, but I'm kind of hoping that it has at least a few 64/Sunshine styled levels where it's less "take this straight course from A to B", and more "start at point A in area, find way to point B". Not saying that 64 and Sunshine weren't linear, but they did feel a bit more open, more to explore. Though since SMG/2 were both great games, I wouldn't be disappointed with a more linear game either.

Also, I'm hoping that the raccoon tail is useful unlike the Red Star, and is more flight than gliding like the Wing Cap.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm liking the combination of the 3D and classic styles it seems to have going on.

Edited by Ekaje

From those screenshots it looks kind of like Galaxy without the whole planetoid thing... and tiny Mario. Hell yeah I'm totally getting this after I find a way to get a 3DS.

Sweeeeeet. I've been dying for a 3D Mario game where that incorporates the classic formula. Can't wait till E3 to see more.

Edited by The Stinking Recolor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Super excited just because it's another 3D Mario. Though I too am half-hoping for both classic styled gameplay AND more exploration non-Galaxy styled. A sort of case where I'm pretty likely to be pleased whichever way they go.

It basically does look like "3D classic Mario." I see tiny Mario in there, too... interesting.

Super Mario 3.... DS?

Maybe it's a play on words? Everyone knows/expects it to be called Mario 3Ds, what if it's in fact a remake of Mario 3? In 3D?

You might just be on to something...

Edited by Superstarsmasher

• 1 month later...

Miyamoto Reveals More On Mario 3DS

Combination of Galaxy and Mario 64; raccoon suit confirmed; “coming this year.”

Shigeru Miyamoto has described the upcoming Super Mario 3DS as a cross between Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 64, and said that the eagerly anticipated title will be out this year.

Speaking in London today, Miyamoto told us: “It’s a combination of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario on N64. It won’t convey the message if I talk to you today, but if you play it at E3 that will give you more understanding of what I’m talking about.”

The man who created Mario also talked up the effect 3DS’s unique capabilities would have on gameplay, saying: “For example, the floors floating in space: in 2D it’s difficult to judge the distance, but in 3D it’s really easy.”

Most important of all was Miyamoto’s promise that the game is “completely original, and coming this year.”

Super Mario 3DS was announced by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata during his keynote address at GDC last month. All that was shown were four screenshots and a logo, with the eager-eyed spotting a tail attached to the letter O in Mario.

The tail also featured on the title screen of 1988 NES classic Super Mario Bros 3, prompting speculation that Super Mario 3DS would see the return of the much-loved raccoon suit.

“The tail you mentioned on the logo – it’s what you think it is,” Miyamoto said. “You probably know what’s going to happen using that character.”

Roll on E3, then. This year’s conference runs from June 7 to 9 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Nintendo is yet to announce the date of its annual E3 press conference.

http://www.next-gen....re-on-mario-3ds

So a mix of 64 and Galaxy? Sounds awesome. And it's going to be playable at E3. So we'll see it in action in June. Can't wait to see more and find out the release date.

And I guess the raccoon suit is confirmed.I wanna see it in 3D.

Edited by MarcelloF

I hope Kondo (and only Kondo) will compose the soundtrack, but that's not going to happen.

Edited by Sean

I hope Kondo (and only Kondo) will compose the soundtrack, but that's not going to happen.

That would be great, but yeah after the success of the Galaxy soundtracks, I'm sure Mahito Yokota (?) will probably get dibs. To be fair he is a GREAT composer, but it's the epic orchestral tracks that are his best work. Kondo is way better at the classic poppy quirky music that looks like it'd suit this game.

Gosh what I'd do for a main overarching theme or water stage theme as good as Mario 64's.