Awoo.

Sonic Game Gear for Nintendo 3DS

Woun

Joy. Now a whole new generation gets to hate the 8-Bit version of Sonic 2 for unfair reasons! laugh.gif

Seriously, I know it's Game Gear and all, but for the versions that got Master System releases, couldn't they use those instead? the GG version of Sonic 2 is almost unplayable at times due to the zoomed-in view.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I'm more excited about the possibility of, since TurboGraphx-16 titles are coming to the 3DS virtual console as well, playing Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the 3DS.

If I didn't have all of the game gear games unlocking on SA:DX I'd perhaps be interested for this. Maybe I would be interested in the Master System versions, because then at least Sonic 2 would be a bit more bearable.

On another note, Sega are going to run out of games to re-release soon enough if they keep this up. <_<

News'd with credit to you Woun. Thanks :)

Hope these games come to the U.S. and EU 3DS Virtual Consoles. Sonic Triple Trouble was the best Sonic game on Game Gear in my opinion.

Sonic & Tails 2 and Sonic Drift 2? Why they be releasing the sequels without the originals, eh?!

Well, I'll be sure to grab these when I get the chance. Hopefully they'll incorporate some snazzy 3D effects like the ports of the Super Mario and Rockman games are claimed to have!

Oh joy. I always wanted to play Sonic Drift 2 in 3D!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh joy. I always wanted to play Sonic Drift 2 in 3D!

It won't be in 3D. Only retail releases, new 3DSware games, and games downloaded from the 3D classics section of the shop will be 3D.

Well Sonic Drift 2 was almost the same game as Sonic Drift, just with more characters and barely distinguishable tracks.

Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble though, make up a series in Japan. It would've made sense to try and get those together in this 8-bit release.

It's like Sega's choice to include Bass Fishing in the DC compilation. Maybe they went for Sonic Drift to draw the kart racer crowd.

Well Sonic Drift 2 was almost the same game as Sonic Drift, just with more characters and barely distinguishable tracks.

And rubber-band AI.

Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble though, make up a series in Japan. It would've made sense to try and get those together in this 8-bit release.

Would be better to get the Master System versions of these games when applicable, though.

I'm not really into don't the Game Gear Sonic games except for Sonic 2 even though that game is really hard and I still haven't beat it yet.

Edit: [Wtf?! Was I drunk or half asleep when I've typed this?? blink.png]

Edited by sonfan1984

• 1 month later...

And rubber-band AI.

Would be better to get the Master System versions of these games when applicable, though.

Unfortunately there was no Master System version of Triple Trouble, which sucks because after being dissapointed by Chaos after finally getting to play it in SA:DX - it would turn out the game is a LOT more fun and on par with 8-bit Sonic 1 and 2 when played on the improved Master System resolution.

If somewhere deep within the bowls of SEGA exists a never released Master System version of Triple Trouble, I would adore it if they could release it so the Master System can stop being an awkward trilogy where the third game is drastically different from the previous two, and start being a quadrilogy split into two "chapters" of gameplay style.

Dear God, for a second there, I thought this was referring to the Sonic 3DS game that was seen to exist a good while back. :blink:

Anyway, I'm not interested in getting any of these, to be honest. If I wanted to play them, I'd plug in my PS2 and bring out Sonic Gems Collection.

I already have these unlocked in SA:DX and Sonic Gems Collection but I might pick them up just to have something to play on my 3DS.

Edited by Matriculated

I knew that modern, portable ports of the GG games would come about as soon as I actually got a Game Gear. FFFFFFF

Not really complaining. I love that I have one now. But having them on the 3DS, quite potentially my favourite handheld, is great.

Well, at least I know that if I ever get a 3DS there'll be something worth playing. I've always been a big fan of the Game Gear games.

Sadly the Game Gear... I was never a fan of it. I had it since it came out, and still in my closet. I just feel like the whole system... its games felt clunky. Hopefully the Master System gets a release for the system, otherwise ill just wait till GBA sonic games come out.

Dammit, the 3DS game is just a re-release of the Game-Gear games? Which we already got on the last Generation's console compilations, such as Sonic Collection, Sonic Adventure DX, etc? Especially considering that the original Sonic trilogy was already re-released on the DS?

nogood.png?w=300&h=225

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Dammit, the 3DS game is just a re-release of the Game-Gear games? Which we already got on the last Generation's console compilations, such as Sonic Collection, Sonic Adventure DX, etc? Especially considering that the original Sonic trilogy was already re-released on the DS?

nogood.png?w=300&h=225

No. They're just putting up Game Gear games on the Virtual Console service, just like they did with Mega Drive/Master System games on Wii. Where on earth did you get the idea that Sonic 3DS was going to be Game Gear games from?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

No. They're just putting up Game Gear games on the Virtual Console service, just like they did with Mega Drive/Master System games on Wii. Where on earth did you get the idea that Sonic 3DS was going to be Game Gear games from?

sonicCollectionDS.jpg

But I'll take your for it.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Dammit, the 3DS game is just a re-release of the Game-Gear games?

Uh, no? There's a 3DS game in the works. These are unrelated.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

sonicCollectionDS.jpg

But I'll take your for it.

Still failing to see the jump in logic from "SEGA released a collection of Mega Drive games on DS" to "Sonic 3DS will be a compilation of Game Gear games" but k. D8

• Thumbs Up 2

Still failing to see the jump in logic from "SEGA released a collection of Mega Drive games on DS" to "Sonic 3DS will be a compilation of Game Gear games" but k. D8

I agree, especially since the DS also got

sonic%20rush%20box%20art.jpg

1444-Sonic-Rush-Adventure-U.jpg

2794-Sonic-Chronicles-The-Dark-Brotherhood-U.jpg

Sonic-Colors-DS-Box-Art.jpg

Mario_and_Sonic-Olympic_Game.jpg

mario-sonic-at-the-olympic-winter-games-ds.jpg

Edited by Dusk Golem
  • Thumbs Up 5