Awoo.

This was very likely Sonic Zeebo, not Sonic Adventure.

Hero of Legend

167k2og.png

szvof7.png34pkimu.png

This is the Symbian version of Sonic Jump, released in at least three forms on various mobiles, edited by me to fit from 360x640 to 360x480, the res that would fit an SD/ED resolution (640x480). It took a bit to do, but nothing that took sweat and tears. :P

The three forms were a lower-end version (this one technically being Sonic Jump 2):

Sonic-jump-2-01.png

A medium version:

ok4htt.png

And the high-end version:

2v9r76q.png

Here are the sprites of all three (I used the Advance 3 sprite for the medium anyway :P):

2d6urki.pngiogak7.pngnxkh7c.png

Anywho, most should remember that Sonic Adventure was "advertised" as coming to the Zeebo, too good to be true right?:

2rp4705.jpg

More than likely so, as this video by Tectoy shows a bunch of mobile games (probably NOT directly Zeebo footage, just for their Tectoy Mobile division):

I believe that the whole thing was that Zeebo would be the home system to play games by Tectoy Mobile, remember Virtua Tennis 3 was also advertised?

That would be Virtua Tennis Mobile Edition:

30vf7zn.jpg

It was probably a combination of false advertising and them wanting to make an ad that would sorta show what to expect; a Sonic game that`s in the post-Adventure era and a Virtua Tennis game.

Seemingly Sega pulled support of the Zeebo so said games never showed up and we never found out the complete truth.

I just wanted to take the time to give you a complete rundown on what was very likely to have become of this “Sonic Adventure port for the Zeebo”.

Enjoy the “Zeebofied” screen and the sprites. :)

(And to answer why the life number in said shot is 3 and not 2, I felt it was true tradition for Sonic to start out with 3 lives instead of 2). Edit: I decided to make it 2 for the redone shot anyway. :P

Edit: In having actually played the game, I saw that the shots I found before were actually full of strange artifacts, yet not JPEG ones, the images were in full-quality otherwise.

So I replaced the images above with the proper ones from the game, I even kept the old "Zeebo" shot along with the new one (new = left, old = right) for comparison sake.

Edited by Hero of Legend

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hero of Legend

• goku262002

• novelty

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the majority of technology is out of America's reach? I would love to gladly trade in my Xbox to have a Zeebo to mess around with.

wow cool. so can you get a full sprite set of the high end sonic?

I'd love to, only the sprite I got is from that screen. I don't have the ability to play the actual game.

Edited by Hero of Legend

I'd love to, only the sprite I got is from that screen. I don't have the ability to play the actual game.

Hmm...what mobile did the high end version come out for?

Usually, there may be a emulator for that phone. Thats how the sonic unleashed mobile sprites were ripped.

EDIT: I helped him out. sprite rips underway...

Edited by goku262002

Hmm...what mobile did the high end version come out for?

Usually, there may be a emulator for that phone. Thats how the sonic unleashed mobile sprites were ripped.

EDIT: I helped him out. sprite rips underway...

Edited by Hero of Legend