Awoo.

PS3 to get "Cloud" based save system

Badnik Mechanic

Gotta agree with the "why does this have to be free for all users?" group. As Tornado mentioned, it cost money to maintain these things, and Sony already lets you access pretty much every feature on the PSN for free. What's wrong with giving the PS+ users a nice little extra feature to make the subscription worth a bit more (without taking away features from free users like Xbox Live does)?

With that being said, I still haven't upgraded to PS+, and don't really plan to do so in the near future, since the "free" games don't mean much to me (I'll usually just buy a game I want, and the recently uploaded Genesis games don't mean much to me, due to already owning Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on the PS3). However, this is a nice little incentive, and I'll definitely use it if I ever decide to upgrade (with the chances of me doing so being somewhat higher now thanks to this feature).

Well as of Sunday I'm now a PSN+ User.

Oh lord how I love the cloud based saving system! I've got all of my RPG's backed up to it as well as a few games that store online data to the console. It's so easy to use to, just select the save file you want and then copy it to your online folder.

Also as an interesting side effect, it also has a rather interesting benefit.

For playing a game like Demons Souls, if you ever make a stupid mistake or do something which has ruined your game or made things harder for you. Just delete the save on your HD, and then download the one from the cloud. Bobs your uncle!

There is however one catch.

Protective says may only be downloaded once every 24 hours. But why you would need to download a save more than once per 24 hours anyway is questionable.

Mind you, I do wish that the storage was a bit more, I've used 20MB of my 150MB and I'm a bit suprised at how much I've used. Then again, theres data on there that I know I'll never use again, like the Singularity data.