Awoo.

New Badnik & Super Sonic art?

Badnik Mechanic

I do apologise if this isn't new... but...

If you've not seen it yet, SSMB member The Illustrious Q found out about a new Sonic magazine for the UK and wanted a subscription. Well regardless as to if you're into toot theres something on the website that caught my eye.

section3-kit.jpg

Look at that image carefully.

Look at the Super Sonic, is that or is that not a new render?

Now look at the badniks... Are they or are they not Sonic 4 design? And have we seen them before? The Jaws one is out there somewhere, and I'm sure the Newtron has been out before.. but what about the others?

Also the chaos, are they all new?

If I'm totaly wrong and they're not new... please enjoy Brian Blessed doing some commentary.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds quite cool, wonder what the comic will be like and who'd be writing/publishing it.

Also, all those Badniks are from Sonic 4, their images are up on the official Sonic 4 Episode 1 site :P. Some of the Chao might be from the Sonic Rivals/2 collectible cards (not entirely sure on that). Super Sonic looks entirely new though.

EDIT: Looking at the small comic snips they show on the site, I kinda get the feeling that the "comic" is just prints of the regular Archie Comic. :/

Edited by Kamicciolo

I don't remember seeing that Super Sonic render before. It looks new.

Of course, maybe it's one of those renders that they made years ago and never bothered to show us.

Edited by Core

New CG art of Super Sonic? Hell yeah! I want it now! ^_^

BTW, is it just me or that Eggman art is new as well?

New CG art of Super Sonic? Hell yeah! I want it now! ^_^

BTW, is it just me or that Eggman art is new as well?

Eggman's is from Sonic Colors.

Kinda weird they used Shadow & Rouge.

And for a closer look...

2qvtjqe.jpg

(Lol sorry for the crappness but it's viewable :P)

Yeah it seems to be new I'm not 100% sure but I think the Amy render is also new too again not really sure. The Badnik renders are the same as the Sonic 4 website shots.

Edited by Shaddix Croft

Eggman's is from Sonic Colors.

Except he is not. That's the point. He looks like he's from colors, but I made a comparison pic. Look closely. They are different.

eggcolorscomparison.jpg

Is it possible to get these pics in higher resolution?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

That render of Eggman is from All Stars Racing.

That's what it was, it looked so similar to Colors which is why I though differently.

At least Sega's consistent with its art.

That render of Eggman is from All Stars Racing.

Exactly^^! Thanks for clearing that up, Indigo! Damn, I really thought it was new. Just for a second xD.

Super Sonic is definitely new and I'm sure that Amy art is new, too. The badnik art is from Sonic 4: Episode 1 and I'm sure the Chao are either from the Adventure games or Sonic Rivals.

Could be both, but I remember them specifically from Sonic Rivals 2.

Edit: Which also reused stuff from Rivals 1...could be a mix? Gah, now I'm confused!

Edited by VEAM-F

Stop, and perhaps Baniks new? \

I think not.

That is why they are on site Sonic The Hedgehog 4.

Plus the newly laid out.

---

Art Super Sonic, cool, I'll wait for a good quality.

New Sonic magazine? Wait, what? Where/ When/ How etc? ohmy.gif

What's the website?

Second this, wha' wha' wha' wha' wha'? Sonic Comic UK? Who, what, where and why?!

Oh and link please.

Second this, wha' wha' wha' wha' wha'? Sonic Comic UK? Who, what, where and why?!

Oh and link please.

Shadow, Rouge, Metal, and Super Sonic along with the modern designs of characters, badniks, and Chao?

I swear to god if this is real it's a day one purchase to me on that alone.

The super sonic could be the ending sequence for sonic 4 if you collected all the rings I forget what he looks like though.

The super sonic could be the ending sequence for sonic 4 if you collected all the rings I forget what he looks like though.

VKhIu.png

Yeah this model is nothing like the render in the new Super Sonic Artwork cause he has his hand sticking out than doing a thumbs up like in the Sonic 4 model above.

Never know, coulda been an unused art render for the end of Sonic 4, but then changed it in the end to the thumbs up one!