Awoo.

List of games affected by the Japan earthquake.

Badnik Mechanic

I thought that it would be a good idea to keep this seperate from the main topic of discussion.

Ever since the earthquake in Japan a number of videogames which rely on online components have been shut down or temporarilly suspended as per the Japanese Governments request for all companies to stop using as much electricity and out of respect to the community.

I don't blame the companies for doing this, but I thought it would be a good idea to have incase to try and go online or have problems with accessing various features.

The following games/services have been affected by the Earthquake.

Sony

PSN Network: Still online and functioning, however users may experience connection issues and have problems syncing trophies for the next few days.

MotorStorm: Apocalypse: Delayed worldwide, no new release date given, however the game has NOT been cancelled.

Sony has also closed its Playstation repair factory which is located in Japan in one of the worst hit areas. (Unconfirmed)

Gran Tourismo 5: Some of the Japan servers maybe shut down, traffic will instead be re-directed to the USA servers, slowdowns expected.

Nintendo

Steel Diver: Delayed, no new release date given.

Microsoft

The Microsoft "Kinect Experience Caravan Car Event" tour has been cancelled in Japan.

Dragon Age Awakening: DLC/Expansion pack has been delayed (Xbox 360)

Capcom

Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Jill and Shuma DLC pack delayed in Japan, US store however does have the DLC, EU is likely to also get it.

Konami

Metal Gear Online: All online services completely suspended until further notice.

Powerful Golf: Release date delayed.

Square Enix

Final Fantasy 14: All online services suspended (No subscription charges will be made for April).

Final Fantasy 11: All online services suspended (No subscription charges will be made for April).

PlayOnline service now completely shut down.

Sega

Yakuza of the End: has been put on hold, no new release date has been given.

Irem

"Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories:" Completely cancelled.

----

Companies doing good things.

Sony and Nintendo contributing 300 million yen each ($3.6 million), with Sony also adding 30,000 radios to the relief effort.

Sega is donating 200 million yen ($2.4 million),

Namco Bandi and Tecmo Koei are each contributing 100 million yen ($1.2 million).

I'll update the list when and if anything else gets changed/cancelled/delayed in the next few days.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sony

PSN Network: Still online and functioning, however users may experience connection issues and have problems syncing trophies for the next few days.

To go on from this, Kazunori Yamauchi said on the Polyphony Digital developer blog that some (or maybe all. The person who did the translating wasn't sure) of the Japanese servers will be shut down and rerouted through the U.S. servers, including the ones that handle Gran Turismo 5.

Edited by Tornado

That is a very generous amount for SEGA to give all things considering =D

Though I wonder if there are any Nintendo-related things affected.

Update: Shuma-Gorath and Jill aren't delayed for the U.S. and EU. In fact, they're already available on the PSN (in the US at least).

Japan - Nintendo delays Steel Diver, Konami delays Powerful Golf

Both the 3DS and DS are going to see game delays, due to the earthquake aftermath in Japan. Both Steel Diver and Powerful Golf have been pushed back from their release dates. With the situation in Japan likely to be rough for quite awhile, neither Nintendo or Konami have given official dates for their respective game's releases. I imagine that it'll be a couple weeks before any news crops up.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=152862

Looks like even Nintendo are affected.

Updated the list with what everyone has said, as well as some other new bits and pieces of info.

Main updates: MVC 3 DLC will be released outside of Japan & Square Enix have now completely shut down PlayOnline.

Got some from Tecmo Koei. Looks like DOA Dimensions and Warriors: Legends of Troy won't be on time.

It never does clarify if it's japan only but a delay is still a delay somewhere.

...okay, it wants to load a video. And it's no video. So I got rid of the link and just quoted it here.

Dead or Alive Dimensions (3DS) and Warriors: Legends of Troy (PS3/Xbox 360) have been delayed as a result of the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

Tecmo Koei announced neither game will meet its scheduled Japanese release date of March 24 and 31, respectively. Tecmo Koei didn’t offer any alternative release dates for either title.

The natural disaster has uprooted many aspects of Japanese life, and these represent the latest two in a series of rescheduled titles, including Yakuza of the End, Motorstorm 3, and the cancellation of Disaster Report 4.

Tecmo and other developers haven’t cited the tsunami as reason for delay, but with the current chaos in Japan it’d be difficult to blame them if they did.

Source

Obtained from GameTrailers.

Edited by GameFarnsworth940

Big update from Sonys end.

You can now donate to the Japanese Tsunami Appeal via the British Red Cross by using the PS Store. Theres a huge new section which allows you to donate in various ammounts £2, £5, £10 and £20 are currently on the store.

Edit: with PSN content, you can rate it if you download it, and people have been rating these for some odd reason... what doesn't impress me is that people have rated it... what impresses me are the numbers... In total, it's well over 1000 people that have donated through the PSN so far.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

We have Apocalypse at our shop but we're not allowed to sell it. I can atleast tell you it's very very pretty, I watched a co-worker play it. But I'm not surprised they can't sell it considering there's earthquakes in it, Japan gets destroyed etc. Not sure how long it's delayed for, we expect they'll wait until things die down a little but they can't leave it too long because they'll miss the boat and people might forget about it.