Awoo.

Gamestop Offering 500gb Ps3 !

Invictus Ordo

So I was browsing gamestop (as I'm looking to purchase a ps3) when I stumbled upon this. One word...SOLD!

500x_supercharged.jpg

It even comes with the accessories I'm going to buy when I purchase one

Custom 500gb PS3

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• Badnik Mechanic

• Tornado

• LunarEdge

Popular Days

Holy shit that's a huge amount of storage. I'd say the price isn't worth it, but that's not even true.

oh well, i want a 3DS more.

I paid 300 for my fat ps3 and I put my own 500gb HDD in there for less of the cost of that $400. I guess it's a good deal since it's already in there however if the console is refurbished shouldn't it be cheaper.

...and you'd feel okay with a console that was tinkered with by somebody unlicenced by Sony? :huh:

No personal judgement intended. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with a console that wasn't created and sealed by the official maker. I'm the same with all products, actually. In a few weeks, I'll be purchasing a new PlayStation3 and I'm getting it brand new, sealed and full price from a respected retail outlet. With a three-year insurance policy meaning I avoid having to open it up and refurbish it, should it break.

But that's just me. :D

Don't buy it.

Buy a cheaper model and then just buy a 500GB Hard Drive (make sure you do your research into HD changes). You'll keep your gurantees with both the store and Sony, but also you'll have the knowledge that you've got a new PS3 which will last longer than a refurb.

In fact look at what you get with it, the only things there are...

Charging stand (PS3's all come with the USB charging cable as standard).

Remote control (PS3 pad does this anyway).

If that HDMI cable is right, it'll be a 1.4 lead, but then again, unless you have a 3D TV you won't need a 1.4 and a 1.3 will do, also HDMI cables are cheap if you know where to shop.

Edit: A thought.... if that model ever broke down and you rang up Sony to fix it... would they do it? Only wouldn't the custom paint job void their repair guarante?

Edited by Hogfather

500gb? That's a bit much isn't it? :huh:

I have a 40gb one and I still have a lot of room left xD

I have a 40gb one and I still have a lot of room left xD

I did have a 40Gb one, too, until it decided to stop reading discs. I'm currently saving for a 160Gb slim, and have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with 160Gb worth of HDD space, as I had 14Gb left on my older console when it broke!