Awoo.

Rebecca Black

Lightspines

... There's a topic about this bitch? I... all I can say is: Why? I know her music is the equivalent of having your girlfriend screaming in your ear while you're high... but really? There's a topic about this?  :/

Was this really necessary

I can't believe she's still being talked about. Friday was a funny running gag for about... 2 months and then I thought everyone forgot about her.

She looks like she's having fun, and she's not hurting anyone. Calling her a bitch is rather unnecessary though.

• Thumbs Up 9

So is it just me, or is one of the first lyrics "tryna get Friday outta my head"?

I know it's probably written to represent a hangover or something, but... seems kinda ironic, heh.

Regardless, I will say this is a lot better than Friday was... still wouldn't listen to it on my own will though.

I feel sorry for her to be honest. Like, she was 13 when Friday was released. She didn't even write the song. It was terrible and still is terrible, yeah. But didn't we get over that like, 2 years ago?

I have respect for how she's at the very least trying to move on, get over the hate and even parody herself. She's got a good attitude regardless of if her songs are good or not. Seriously, good for her! Calling her a bitch is unduely harsh to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

The level of self-awareness is both impressive and frightening.

She doesn't sound terrible at all, and her taking the piss out of Friday makes it a lot of fun to listen to. Good on her for trying to move past it and still have a laugh at herself.

I pretty much agree.

Though, the weird woman who looks exactly like Miley Cyrus and probably is supposed to be Miley Cyrus could have been done without.

Still, hey, at least it's better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l8wZbqTww0

(I actually thought this was what Hogfather was talking about when he bumped the topic :V)

... There's a topic about this bitch? I... all I can say is: Why? I know her music is the equivalent of having your girlfriend screaming in your ear while you're high... but really? There's a topic about this?  :/

You don't have to like her music; I don't either, after all. But I really don't think you need to call someone a "bitch" just because their work isn't for you. Yes, Friday was terrible, but I think people should be able to make terrible things without being completely hated for it.

Anyway, I'm glad to see her taking this all in stride. Having a sense of humor about her first song being a flop is a good way to approach things, and I wish her the best as she gets back into the music business. I honestly think she has improved dramatically since Friday, and I admire her willingness to get back up and try again.

• Thumbs Up 4

She actually has a pretty successful YouTube channel where she posts video blogs and you see that she is just another person. She's your typical 16 year old girl but she's pretty confident on camera and whilst her music is likely never to appeal to me, she's generally quite enjoyable to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyL9tfgW-fI

I just stumbled upon it yesterday after this new song became a thing. It's quite amazing to see that she's actually managed to tame the internet, there's so many comments from people apologising for ripping into her when Friday came about and she's getting so much praise.

It certainly gave me a newfound respect for her, huge props for showing the world there's much more to her than just a shitty song she had produced for her when she was 13. 

• Thumbs Up 3

She actually has a pretty successful YouTube channel where she posts video blogs and you see that she is just another person. She's your typical 16 year old girl but she's pretty confident on camera and whilst her music is likely never to appeal to me, she's generally quite enjoyable to watch.

I just stumbled upon it yesterday after this new song became a thing. It's quite amazing to see that she's actually managed to tame the internet, there's so many comments from people apologising for ripping into her when Friday came about and she's getting so much praise.

It certainly gave me a newfound respect for her, huge props for showing the world there's much more to her than just a shitty song she had produced for her when she was 13. 

I agree. The kid's got moxie for showing the world that a crap video doesn't define her. The highest of fives to Becks.

She looks like she's having fun, and she's not hurting anyone. Calling her a bitch is rather unnecessary though.

Would arsehole be less sexist? Everyone has one of them?

Seriously though I find this song only marginally an improvement. While Friday was just bad all round at least it had some naivety on her part. This time round her she trying to look more mature. The wild party angle is kinda cliché and shallow though.

Physically she looks older than 15 to me if you said she was 18/19 I would believe you. Puberty seems to hit Americans really fast must be something in the water.   

Friday was the early teens naive view of having fun and parting.

Saturday is the cliché mid teens wild party, woo were young and free.

Its not bad as Friday but its still not that good either.

I'm not really sure of what to think of that, I can’t tell if it's a meta parody of the original or a shameless rehash.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would arsehole be less sexist? Everyone has one of them?

I think the point is that insulting someone in general merely for making art you don't like makes you come across as a dick.

• Thumbs Up 8

I think the point is that insulting someone in general merely for making art you don't like makes you come across as a dick.

Sorry that was my own little joke that is why the next sentence starts with seriously. 

Does that mean I am dick for calling Simon Cowell a wanker for dominating the British music charts with bland shite?

I can live with that.

Honestly, why hate the girl? She made a dumb song that made people laugh. Nothing wrong with that. And other than that, it's not like she does anything that should bother you.

I enjoy laughing at her last song, but that's really it.