Awoo.

Rebecca Black

Lightspines

This looks like this was done by a group of preppy teenage cam-whores with a subpar HD video camera / green screen set. Knowing what the song is about, I'm pretty sure it was.

Further proof that you only need money to become successful in the world nowadays. Whatever happened to music that was good and mainstream at the same time? That, like, died out about 20+ years ago it seems.

I hate to say it, but I think the Internet happened.

• Thumbs Up 2

Making music with computers.....

IDIOTS! Learn to play an instrument or go to hell.

Sweeping generalizations are awesome.

Also, I am not going to listen to this.

I'm sick of this being all over the internet T_T tumblr is just FULL of her and it clogs up my dashboard cos of people reblogging it. She was 'made' to be like Beiber, basically.

It's funny and all, and I do like the memes around it. It's just so AWFUL and just...ugh.

Edited by Mollfie

I don't know why I listened to it just to judge it. The lyrics sound dull, , "go to school, come back" What kind of music is that? Its like the whole thing I thought about biebers..Baby...If you have nothing to sing, don't sing it..

*AVGN:What where they thinking?*

Edited by Alex2beta

That... was truly awful. It was dull, robotic, bizarre, and just plan didn't sound good. At all.

But I do feel sorry for the poor girl. The song is terrible (and I mean REALLY terrible), but some people on the internet are actually insulting her personally. It boggles my mind how cruel some folks can be over things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1VshTi0yMY

The only way to enjoy this video (besides angry grandpa).

Is it ANY surprise that EVERY kid in this video doesn't look old enough to cross the street without parental supervision?

Also, is this probably the absolute closest thing you'd get to the love child of Bieber and Selena Gomez? Can't sing to save her life and is guaranteed eternal damnation a job at Nickelodeon.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is it ANY surprise that EVERY kid in this video doesn't look old enough to cross the street without parental supervision.

What I find weird is that according to the Yahoo article linked to earlier, she's only 13. What is a 13 year-old doing jumping in a safety belt-less car, skipping school, and going out partying with older teens (or, if they are her peers, why are 13 year-olds doing driving in the first place)? The video is so silly.

• Thumbs Up 2

What I find weird is that according to the Yahoo article linked to earlier, she's only 13. What is a 13 year-old doing jumping in a safety belt-less car, skipping school, and going out partying with older teens (or, if they are her peers, why are 13 year-olds doing driving in the first place)? The video is so silly.

Welcome to America, may I take your order.

• Thumbs Up 5

Welcome to America, may I take your order.

I wish I was allowed to drive without a licence, skip school, and go 'party' with older kids when I was 13. :C

Edited by BlazingTales

You see, that's the thing. In America (or at least, this part of America I live in) this would be the anthem for 90% of teenagers. Go out at the ripe age of 13, have some parrrttaaayyy, drive illegally, get ultra drunk, hang out with your bestestest friendsss~ and then proceed to get impregnated by that African-American dude in the car halfway through the video. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

What I find weird is that according to the Yahoo article linked to earlier, she's only 13.

Knew it. Fucking predictable.

You see, that's the thing. In America (or at least, this part of America I live in) this would be the anthem for 90% of teenagers. Go out at the ripe age of 13, have some parrrttaaayyy, drive illegally, get ultra drunk, hang out with your bestestest friendsss~ and then proceed to get impregnated by that African-American dude in the car halfway through the video. tongue.gif

Well, where I live, this is usually the kind of stuff they'd be doing at the primer age of 16-17.

Difference is, where we're at the age where we're recognized as young adults, getting jobs, preparing for college, dealing with real world responsibility, these children are the literal definition of kids who are ALL FASCINATED BY ALL THE SOOPER COOL THINGS THE GROWN UPS GET TO DO OMG CAN'T WAIT TILL IM OLDER SO I CAN GO PAAAAAARTAAAY'N OMGLMAOROFL!!11!!!1!

This is less an anthem for teens, and more so a great big nerdgasm we all go through when you feel like such a fucking big boy when you evolve to the sacred age of teenagerdom.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, where I live, this is usually the kind of stuff they'd be doing at the primer age of 16-17.

Difference is, where we're at the age where we're recognized as young adults, getting jobs, preparing for college, dealing with real world responsibility, these children are the literal definition of kids who are ALL FASCINATED BY ALL THE SOOPER COOL THINGS THE GROWN UPS GET TO DO OMG CAN'T WAIT TILL IM OLDER SO I CAN GO PAAAAAARTAAAY'N OMGLMAOROFL!!11!!!1!

This is less an anthem for teens, and more so a great big nerdgasm we all go through when you feel like such a fucking big boy when you evolve to the sacred age of teenagerdom.

Well, where I'm at ignorance is abundant, and they start doing exactly these things at such a ripe and young age, only to make them a habit in their lives forevermore. It's not hard in a rural area. Rednecks are more than willing to slip the teenies some alkyhawl past the radars. They grow up with the life of the party (just replace nice cars with pick up trucks) and then they amount to nothing because they dumbed themselves down for the past five or six years, becoming one of the rednecks that gave them the stuff. Then the vicious cycle continues. :P

If the majority of the teenagers you are around actually care about their future, I wanna live where you live man.

ON-TOPIC: I can't be the only one who heard some Fran Drescher in her voice.

Rebecca Black is the best thing to happen to the Internet. Ever. Her Twitter feed makes me sad, though. Somebody wake her up. Everybody is laughing at her and she doesn't know it.

I was talking to a girl (16) who played a teen who gets kidnapped for an NBC TV pilot and she knows Rebecca Black and all the people on that "label" (they're not really an official music label, just some producers who want to launch a new pop star). The other girls signed to it (aka the girls in the back seat) are pissed that this song took off and their songs have not. If you watch the other Ark Music videos, the lyrics are bad all around. Black is the stand-out because she can't sing and has no camera presence.

Rebecca was also taking suggestions for what her followers should be called. I vote "Black People."

Also, I don't know why people are finding these lyrics the worst ever. Yes, they're hilariously bad, but there was already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WOmEnAQh1o.

O_O Is it a bad thing that this song is catchy?

You only find it catchy because you have Bentley Jones as your avatar.

• Thumbs Up 4

If the majority of the teenagers you are around actually care about their future, I wanna live where you live man.

Yeah they're pretty alright people, but sometimes I feel like I came from a different planet with how different my tastes are to most people.

I listened to it and am pissed off.

Not at the song, but at the people (including some HERE) insulting her.

Granted, I'm not a big fan of the song (a bit too pitchy…although I've honestly heard much worse), but the Internet is taking the rough song and lyrics and blowing it WAY too out of proportion. I mean, insulting her PERSONALITY?! Bullying her online?!

Come ON, people! This is a bloody thirteen-year-old KID!! She's not a robot. She's a human, just like you and me. These flames are nasty, and they HURT. Just because she publishes a below average song doesn't give people the excuse to dish unnecessary inflammatory comments. This is her first published song, and she's thirteen, so of course it's gonna be rough. But she does have the talent, and as she ages, she's capable of pulling it off and becoming a pretty decent singer. Show some restraint and common sense, for God's sake!

I wouldn't be surprised if the next time she publishes a song, the comments on her YT page will be moderated or disabled so we don't have to see the stupid contaminate her pages.

Goodness freakin' sake! :angry:

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 5

Look bro, this is the internet! Your fucking bound to get messages like this when you publish your stuff online. Why say such things? because we can because we have the freedom to express our thoughts and opinions even if its hurtful. Nobody cares if shes 13 if it sucks were going to say so without sugarcoating it. setting aside the death threats and bullying, she needs to hear the harsh criticism to improve herself.

If she ever gets over this joke of a song, maybe she can make something half decent someday.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Look bro, this is the internet! Your fucking bound to get messages like this when you publish your stuff online. Why say such things? because we can because we have the freedom to express our thoughts and opinions even if its hurtful. Nobody cares if shes 13 if it sucks were going to say so without sugarcoating it. setting aside the death threats and bullying, she needs to hear the harsh criticism to improve herself.

If she ever gets over this joke of a song, maybe she can make something half decent someday.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Wow... so this is why children should be seen and not heard.

Well at least we get gifs out of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

And thus the cycle of human nature continues. ;w; I know it's the internet, and yes, the song's terrible, but there's constructive criticism and then there's just being mean.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah they're pretty alright people, but sometimes I feel like I came from a different planet with how different my tastes are to most people.

Edited by Raxz

HA. And people thought Simon Cowell was mean! Welcome to the real world girl, no sugarcoating here.

Also I can't bothered to listen to the song, but I bet it's better than the crap called mainstream hip hop of today.

Christ, this song is awful. I can't wait to see /b/'s reaction to this.

Seriously, she sounds like a robot, the lyrics are generic, the music sounds terrible, It's just all around BAD! She makes Justin Beiber sound like Pavarotti for crying out loud! And don't give me the whole "She's 13!" bullshit. People like Mozart and Kurt Cobain were writing good shit when they were 13 (WRITING, not producing). When did they release this trash, anyway? Did it just pop up overnight or something?

Edited by SHAX Hedgefox
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I listened to it and am pissed off.

Not at the song, but at the people (including some HERE) insulting her.

Granted, I'm not a big fan of the song (a bit too pitchy…although I've honestly heard much worse), but the Internet is taking the rough song and lyrics and blowing it WAY too out of proportion. I mean, insulting her PERSONALITY?! Bullying her online?!

Come ON, people! This is a bloody thirteen-year-old KID!! She's not a robot. She's a human, just like you and me. These flames are nasty, and they HURT. Just because she publishes a below average song doesn't give people the excuse to dish unnecessary inflammatory comments. This is her first published song, and she's thirteen, so of course it's gonna be rough. But she does have the talent, and as she ages, she's capable of pulling it off and becoming a pretty decent singer. Show some restraint and common sense, for God's sake!

I wouldn't be surprised if the next time she publishes a song, the comments on her YT page will be moderated or disabled so we don't have to see the stupid contaminate her pages.

Goodness freakin' sake! :angry:

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 2