Awoo.

Rebecca Black

Lightspines

Making music with computers.....

IDIOTS! Learn to play an instrument or go to hell.

Edited by BW199148

Christ, this song is awful. I can't wait to see /b/'s reaction to this.

/b/ is going to light the internet ablaze with the ensuing flame war. I can't wait to see what happens to this video's YouTube page.

Edited by Axl

Well, I'd like to ask you all question.

Is this better or worse than Bieber? I'd say they're both equally FUN FUN FUN FUN bad.

Edited by T-Man

I'd say she's far worse. Though, to be honest, I don't get why people hate Bieber so much. I don't really like him, but he doesn't bother me or seem offensive in any way..

Thankyou Internet, for warning me never to watch this or anything made by her, ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thankyou Internet, for warning me never to watch this or anything made by her, ever.

No no, you should watch it for shits and giggles.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is this better or worse than Bieber?

This is definitely worse. Bieber has some remotely microscopic chance of becoming decent, once puberty kicks in. But her song... it's just terrible. That, and Bieber, in my opinion, is not much worse than the cookie-cutter boy bands so common nowadays.

Edited by Axl

"Didn't auto tune her as much"

Oh right, so we should assume that she just sounds like Johnny five when she's got a backing track?

And whether she likes it or not, her music video has racked up nearly 16 million hits on YouTube -- and overtaken Charlie Sheen's pre-eminence on the site -- so is she the next Justin Bieber?

One thing is for sure: She'd definitely like to sing with him. "I have Bieber fever," she told GMA. "I am in love with Justin Bieber. [A duet] would make my life!"

• Thumbs Up 2

Is this better or worse than Bieber? I'd say they're both equally FUN FUN FUN FUN bad.

I'd say both are equally good. I'm not as big a fan of Beiber's songs myself, but he's a decent singer. Black is also good, as evident by her singing a verse of the Star-Spangled Banner on Good Morning America.

And has every intention to produce an acoustic version of the song, anyway. (You go, girl! :D)

She was on Good Morning America this morning to discuss the Internet sensation and the vitriolic attitude of the Internet. Her response was quite good, and, yes, she CAN sing.

BTW, Black never wrote the lyrics. Black was given two songs to choose and chose "Friday."

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Dear Rebecca,

I will not hinder explaining to you that your song is not that well done, especially because the music video is hilariously bad. You sound like someone trying to be Kesha and Beiber at the same time, and neither are that great of role models. I can tell you are trying to replicate what they are doing because of the way you say certain lines, the usage of autotune, and the rhythmic patterns within the song. The lyrics are pretty abysmal and so is everything else. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is. Plus, leaving the image of "partying, partying, yeah" isn't great for teenagers, let alone the younger teen crowd you seem to be suited for.

However, I don't think people should be treating you the way you are being treated. This is absolutely ridiculous and immature. This is something you'll have to grow accustomed to. Welcome to the internet, as these people are monstrous. Cyberbullying shouldn't be done and neither should any death threats or hate mail or whatever you may be getting. You need to improve and learn from these mistakes, but at the same time bring in some tolerance to these people. There will always be this crowd, especially since you are just jumping into the world of the media. It's just bigger this time around because of reasons listed in the first paragraph. Creating more original lyrics is the best thing you can do right now, and another thing to help would be to practice your singing skills so you wouldn't need to use auto-tune like Kesha or the others. Plus, you have the rest of your teenage life ahead of you to realize your true skills. You're still growing up. You may even learn this life of the party and singing isn't for you. Don't rush into this, because you may stumble and make something embarrassing that you will regret. If you regret making this video, then well.. remember it ahead of time and build off of it by downplaying the negative aspects.

You have potential to do what you want, and succeed. Everyone does. You just had an easier way in, thanks to having lots of money. Because of having all this money with little good coming out of the end product, people are disgusted by this. Improve your skills and make it where you have money and the talent to go with it. It'd make you a higher image in the media than the majority.

Just sayin'.

-Azu

EDIT:

Dark Quivit's words about her not writing the song and actually having a decent voice

Well, then I stand corrected. If anything, she needs to make a song herself to get her back on the ground. At least having a legitimate song that isn't aiming to be a cashin on "young pretty party gurl" (like Kesha or Beiber) would be saving face.

If the internet wants to burn someone with torches, go to the writer of the song. :P

Edited by Azukara

Just listened to the song myself, to see what the fuss was about. To me, there are two underlying problems with the song which make it suck;

-The lyrics. This has been brought up before, but actually hearing them in context just makes it sound absolutely cringe-worthy.

-Parts of the song being far too oversynthed. These are the parts that make her sound awful and almost screechy.

The parts where she hasn't got that synth interference reveal that her voice is...I wouldn't say it's good at all, but nor is it downright horrid. I'd say it was average, I've certainly heard worse professional singers.

What happened was that Black never wrote the lyrics. Black was given two songs to choose and chose "Friday."

Which begs the question: What was the writer ON when he wrote these lyrics? Actually, a better question would be what whoever approved of these lyrics was on.

Edited by T-Man

BTW, Black never wrote the lyrics. Black was given two songs to choose and chose "Friday."

So then the hate goes on whoever wrote Friday, technically . She has a good voice (Remove that autotune and so it is) but the song itself was blegh. I still feel that I sounded a bit rude in my last post, but those are them lyrics, they just don't do the job well.

Edited by Alex2beta

/b/ (and 4chan in general) give me more and more reasons to believe they are the scum of all mankind, don't they?

Crap, I don't need to get in an argument about that. Not here. You never know when there's a member of it hiding in the bushes, ready to forever ruin your life.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh for the love of.

Would people just STOP giving a shit about Rebecca Black?! Just ignore her, let her release her crappy music and eventually fade back into nothingness. The longer people give her the time of day the longer the stench is going to last.