Awoo.

Rebecca Black

Lightspines

This song is bad, but well... I don't see what the big deal is. You hear just as asinine songs on the radio everyday.

This girl should have gotten the recognition.

No.

The lyrics actually make sense and the girl looks to be over the age of 13. this is just typical teenage pop black's garbage of a song is a step lower then this.

This song is bad, but well... I don't see what the big deal is. You hear just as asinine songs on the radio everyday.

How dare you imply that popular opinion isn't a good barometer of the actual quality of songs.

:P

• Thumbs Up 1

No.

The lyrics actually make sense and the girl looks to be over the age of 13. this is just typical teenage pop black's garbage of a song is a step lower then this.

I'm not implying that she should have gotten the hate, but I'm implying that she should have gotten the recognition.

Agreed, and people don't seem to be making nearly a big deal about those as they are about this one..

I don't really listen to pop music, but from based on the ones I HAVE heard, I believe the best innovation the industry can make is to take out the singers altogether and just make it all instrumental. Seriously, I freaking LOVE the melodies for Tik Tok and Just Dance, but I swear my IQ falls a point every time I hear the lyrics. It's all just rhythmic rambling on how much the singer enjoys partying and relations. And this one is no exception. In fact, it's probably the most insulting pop song I've ever heard. This just in: Friday is one day AFTER Thursday!?! And BEFORE Saturday!?! Thank you Rebecca, I completely forgot how weeks work, now can you remind me what comes before November? Seriously, at least HALF of those lyrics just exist to pad the song.

And I don't mind autotune if its for a deliberate robotic effect, but her voice is robotic enough already. She barely breaks half an octave. Also, the music video is just laughable. Aside from the hilariously bad background dancing, her appearance on the calendar is terrifying and the city skyline in the background is clearly fake.

I'm not saying saying she should stop trying. To do that, she'd have to try in the first place.

See, now THIS is decent. Good choreography, very little autotune abuse and the lyrics aren't a lobotomy in the form of music. Yet songs about drunken sluts who brush their teeth with Jack Daniels are dominating the industry while I've never heard of this girl. This is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by SuperStingray

I. FUCKING. HATE. AUTOTUNE!!

20 seconds into this stupid song and I already hate her. >____<

...And why the heck should you hate her?

1. She never wrote the lyrics. That blame goes to the person who actually composed the song.

2. Before Ark began producing the song, she was given two song options. "Friday" was her choice; the other one might've had worse lyrics for all we know.

3. Removing the autotune, her voice is actually quite decent. Listen to her singing a verse of the Star-Spangled Banner, and you'll hear a really decent singing voice.

4. She's thirteen and had zero intention to gain all this notoriety. If anything, it was produced because she just wanted to sing and have people she knew get involved. Fame and displaced hatred weren't on her mind.

Put your anger on the studios, because Black was merely a bystander and poster-girl for this.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If anything, it was produced because she just wanted to sing and have people she knew get involved. Fame and displaced hatred weren't on her mind.

You don't really believe that, do you?

I mean... really?

You know what? You're right. Now that I come to think of it, I don't want to get a summer job to save up money for a computer, that would be a waste. I actually just want to show my friends that if they really believe in themselves, follow their heart, and never let go of their dreams, we can all bag groceries for eight hours a day together. Money isn't even on my ming. Hell, I'll just ask to not get paid since I feel so strongly about this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

...And why the heck should you hate her?

1. She never wrote the lyrics. That blame goes to the person who actually composed the song.

2. Before Ark began producing the song, she was given two song options. "Friday" was her choice; the other one might've had worse lyrics for all we know.

3. Removing the autotune, her voice is actually quite decent. Listen to her singing a verse of the Star-Spangled Banner, and you'll hear a really decent singing voice.

4. She's thirteen and had zero intention to gain all this notoriety. If anything, it was produced because she just wanted to sing and have people she knew get involved. Fame and displaced hatred weren't on her mind.

Put your anger on the studios, because Black was merely a bystander and poster-girl for this.

fanboyspotted.jpg

Seriously, your defenses toward defending her are getting nonsensical.

• Bad Quality Post 4

^Hey, if people think a song's bad, there's nothing wrong with saying so. I certainly didn't hold back. But are such strong ad homenim attacks really necessary? I mean, yeah, I'm having a hard time finding talent in that video, but come on, she's a thirteen year old girl just trying to live the dream- one of the most psychological-damage prone entities in existence. Why spread such negativity towards her? Tommy Wiseau certainly doesn't get such negative reception. In fact, we laud the guy for The Room, yet this song can easily be seen as the musical equivalent and she gets a shitstorm. Can't we just have fun with a trainwreck instead of trying to blow up the rails?

Why spread such negativity towards her?

Because people are intentionally trying to mentally scar her and keep her away from the music industry.

(I'm not saying I agree with it but you wanted an answer so...)

Ok, after watching that Charlie Brooker video I must admit, that's pretty sad. People telling her to go cut herself and crap...I don't do that, not even to Bieber. I just don't like the song, AT ALL, and her singing voice is just..errrmmm.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, after watching that Charlie Brooker video I must admit, that's pretty sad. People telling her to go cut herself and crap...I don't do that, not even to Bieber. I just don't like the song, AT ALL, and her singing voice is just..errrmmm.

It's her fault, honestly. If, as Qivuit says, she had nothing to do with the creation of the song or music video, she should have been able to see just how fucking terrible it was when they showed it to her. At any point during production, she could have bailed, expecting the hatred she's getting from the masses.

She shouldn't have made herself known if her song was less appealing than horse shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

........I'm so sorry I came into this topic, I mean what the fuck did I just listen to.

• Thumbs Up 3

........I'm so sorry I came into this topic, I mean what the fuck did I just listen to.

NOW YOU CAN'T UNHEAR IT! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!

I don't want black to die or anything, i just want her to stay the hell away from the music industry maybe get a job with one of her parent's jobs or something and fall back into obscurity never to be heard of again.

Its going to be sad that she has this hanging over her head the rest of her life. shes now already known as "the creator of the worst song on the planet!".

I feel so sorry for her, she tried to be famous, and now she's infamous, I mean damn.

She's never gonna live this down.

This video.. with the 1911 button..

Why am I laughing so hard?

Edited by Chooch

This video.. with the 1911 button..

Why am I laughing so hard?

It's better because you don't have to hear her singing.

Unforunately I gather from this forum that some people actually like the song.

It's better because you don't have to hear her singing.

Unforunately I gather from this forum that some people actually like the song.

Nah, that's just Qiviut defending her for whatever reason.

I heard a girl singing this song in school today.

My respect for humanity just dropped several points.