Awoo.

Rebecca Black

Lightspines

Nah, that's just Qiviut defending her for whatever reason.

That's just me defending her as a person. I didn't say, though, that I liked the song. In fact, I made it quite clear that I don't like it, even though I've heard much worse. And as mentioned earlier, she can sing. Friday's problems were the corny lyrics — written by someone else, likely from the studios — and overdose of autotune. The rhythm was decent and catchy, but its lyrics stink. Black has a good singing voice, but the producers and people who composed the song messed her vocality up. Celine Dion or Blondie can sing it, and the lyrics would make either voice feel "miserable, darling, perfectly wretched." [/Cruella De Vil reference]

-

Personally, I don't care if anyone hates the song. What I cared was the way they hated it. Dislike the song, but don't hate Black. And definitely don't try to make her never appear in the music industry through inflammatory discretion. Doing so will only make her grow more confident, and you'll look like a really big fool for trying to dissuade her. And understand the possible consequences as a result of your nasty, venomous attitude. In other words, just hate the song with some common sense.

("You" in the second paragraph here = general "you," by the way.)

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Personally, I don't care if anyone hates the song. What I cared was the way they hated it. Dislike the song, but don't hate Black. And definitely don't try to make her never appear in the music industry through inflammatory discretion. Doing so will only make her grow more confident, and you'll look like a really big fool for trying to dissuade her. And understand the possible consequences as a result of your nasty, venomous attitude. In other words, just hate the song with some common sense.

("You" in the second paragraph here = general "you," by the way.)

I think Charlie Brooker elucidated that point very well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Charlie Brooker elucidated that point very well.

I saw that when you first put it up here. He's 100% right with all he said. *another +1 for you for bringing back one of the best defenses in this thread <3*

Rebecca Black posted on her official Twitter (since there are so many fake accounts) last night;

Deciding which seat to take at the movies. TOO MANY SEATS.#SOMEONEHELP #whichseatcanItake

Gotta love how she can have a sense of humour about her own song. :lol:

Rebecca Black posted on her official Twitter (since there are so many fake accounts) last night;

*Twitter Quote*

Gotta love how she can have a sense of humour about her own song. :lol:

And on that note...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H-DfmifIIw

I honestly have a good deal of respect for this girl, taking it all on the chin. However she said she like Justin Bieber so any hate towards her is perfectly justified.

Edited by Blue Blood

I actually haven't heard this yet.

-watches-

...What did I just watch? That was HORRID! All she basically did was scream "FRIDAY! FRIDAY! GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!" That's not much of a song. Compared to Justin Bieber, I think I like him better.

By the way, did anyone notice how many dislikes vs. likes she had? Haha, more dislikes than "Baby". Looks like there's a new record for dislikes for a video! ;)

I heard the song. I died from autotune. Btw Justin has way more talent then her >_>

Anyways, I don't really think she has any talent. She will fade away, she is just a fad.

Quite frankly, a dead rabbit has more talent than she.

Does anyone find it ironic that my 666th post is on this thread?

Prepare for nightmares:

tumblr_ljce8rFL6t1qij8bto1_r1_500.jpg

Rebecca Black with Steve Buscemi's eyes. There are no words for how scary that is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Prepare for nightmares:

tumblr_ljce8rFL6t1qij8bto1_r1_500.jpg

Rebecca Black with Steve Buscemi's eyes. There are no words for how scary that is.

I've already been having the strangest dreams. Thanks for guaranteeing another.

It's really sad.... not that she's getting bashed, I think it's coming to her (I'm not saying bullying is justified, but if you're going to make something and put it out for everyone to see, expect for some people not to like it). No, that's not what's sad, it's that, regardless of how bad it is, and how people recognize that it's bad, since she got that much attention over it, now she's getting a RECORD DEAL.

No. God. No God please no. No. No. Noooooooooo.

I mean, SERIOUSLY. think of all the amazingly talented unsigned bands out there. Then think of Rebecca Black laughing her way to the bank with Ryan Shitcrust.

And I know this is probably very old news, but it's new to me, because I honestly have tried to ignore all the buzz surrounding this Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday hating clone of Bustin Jieber. Also, we need a warm, fuzzy reminder of how wonderful our music industry truly is :)

Edited by EXshad

Thanks to Simon Cowell and all those talentless clones the music industry is now a talentless brothel, It's all about the money now and not the talent.

• Thumbs Up 1

How can she get signed...and all those other talented kids out there don't? I mean, we don't need another bad musical artist. I mean, heck, Justin has more talent than her. I mean, seriously...

Rebecca sucks.

• Thumbs Up 1