Awoo.

Rebecca Black

Lightspines

Oh my God. This is a fucking joke.

Death threats like that are going legal now? I mean, really? Do we REALLY think someone is going to just kill this random girl on the internet because her song sucks?

That has always been an illegal and stupid thing to do.

JB is NOT just another teen idol. He has talent, he sings really well live. If you don't believe me, your loss.

I'm completely indifferent to Bieber. The only song of his I've heard is "Baby, baby, baby" which I am not at all fond of, but I'm not one to judge his style since he's outside of my demo's interest. My friend is pretty fond of him, so more power to her. Either way, disliking him kind of lost its novelty now that criticizing him in Youtube comments is more of a meme than opinion.

Miley Cyrus, though, I've heard a few good songs out of, namely Can't Be Tamed and Fly on the Wall, which aren't mindblowingly original but at least entertaining and moderately abstract in a Lady Gaga way.

Edited by SuperStingray

The song has no emotion at all but she's not a horrible singer. This song is like... just kinda there. It's not bad, it's not good, but it so soulless that it's easily forgotten.

There isn't much to say about the new song. It's... disappointing. I was expecting something terrible like Friday, but I just got something generic. The music video is generic, the tune is generic, and the lyrics are generic. Friday was so bad it was as if it was parodying itself. This is just bad. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I wasn't expecting something great, but I thought it would be something better.

Its lack of emotion is definitely the biggest gripe. It needs that extra "pow." She seemed to be singing in the same monotonous range the entire song >;

Her new song is so...lifeless. So generic and boring. So boring, I turned it off after 1 minute listening to it. Friday was beyond terrible but it was catchy, had life and the music video was awesome to laugh at. In fact to this day, when it is Friday I play the Friday tune to my friends to annoy them.

Her new song is urgh. It's not bad as others mentioned here, but it's not great either. It's just dull, like a cloudy afternoon. No sun, no rain, no lightning. Her voice is sooo generic, that's what makes it even more boring. Beyonce has songs like these but it's her strong, powerful voice that turns a generic song to an amazing one.

I'm being serious, I rather listen to Justin Bieber's Baby then this.

Edited by Crystaline Starlight

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Rebecca-Black-drops-out-of-school/Article1-732525.aspx

Well I saw this coming a mile away. So yeah, apparently she dropped out of school due to all the kids making fun of her.....which is a pretty stupid reason to do so, since I know alot of kids who went through more shit then someone coming up to them and singing "It's Friday! Friday!"

Just another disgrace to the slowly disappearing music and art world.

Short-sighted statements of doom about the state of music and other forms of popular art are far more groan-worthy than Rebecca Black could ever physically manage to be. I mean, at least Friday makes me laugh.

It's kind of shocking though that she hadn't dropped out of school sooner. The way people act towards her is absolutely terrible, and considering how widely known the song is, I imagine the level of harassment these dipshits were leveling at her was indeed bad enough to warrant it.

She dropped out because people made fun of her? ...Time for a parody.

*Friday afternoon at school*

Rebecca: Stacy, what day is it? I can't remember.

Stacy: Are you kidding me? You are so clueless! It's FRIDAY! FRIIIDAY!

Some dudes passing by: Dude, we gotta get down on friday!

Rebecca: STOP MOCKING ME!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well... how did she not expect it coming, especially when you made the most disliked video on youtube... EVER. But I do feel somewhat sympathetic for her, because all she was doing was having fun and made a video, now everyone is out to get her. But really, she went back to school thinking the oh so mature 14 year old freshman would have the maturity to look past her... atrocity if you will.

Edited by Silencer226

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9y810VEaG0

She starts off pitchy, but wasn't too bad... then... well let's just say it's "Don't Hug me I'm Scared" part 2.

And btw. JB is NOT just another teen idol. He has talent, he sings really well live. If you don't believe me, your loss.

He had talent, but puberty killed it. He will vanish soon enough.

At least her songs make good dubstep soundbites:

Edited by Novelty

http://www.hindustan...le1-732525.aspx

Well I saw this coming a mile away. So yeah, apparently she dropped out of school due to all the kids making fun of her.....which is a pretty stupid reason to do so, since I know alot of kids who went through more shit then someone coming up to them and singing "It's Friday! Friday!"

Can't say I didn't see this coming, and I can't say I don't feel sorry for her, but really what did she expect, she was aware of the hate she should've dropped out sooner.

Though I do feel she shouldn't have to drop out of school, especially because a bunch of stupid people don't know when to shut the hell up. She made a mistake, she shouldn't have to suffer for it.

If her parents are wealthy enough to afford giving her a music video like that, I'm sure they can afford to get her private tuition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0&feature=player_embedded

It's Friday in two hours... I need to tame myself.

"Rebbeca Black - Friday [Official Video]

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Rebecca Black."

Is it wrong that I actually burst out loud laughing when I read this?

The song itself is literally So Bad It's Good IMO, although songs for Sesame Street had more creative lyrics and could probably have quality autotune and special effects. She doesn't deserve the death threats and commets like "she should cut/kill herself," though. And Steven Colbert's version was destined with greatness ever since he thought up the idea. It's so good, he deserves a award.

Her new song My Moment is kinda of an improvement, but unfortunately becomes the borica generistalia teen music you usually hear on the radio these days. :V

At least this song is better than this one:

I agree, at least the music video for Friday wasn't just.....live-action/anime fanservice. :/

You would have to be pretty damn talented at bad singing to make autotune sound horrible. Rebecca Black is one of them, but she comes nowhere near the leagues of this guy:

http://www.dailymoti...r_na#from=embed

People looking for lessons on how not to dub a song with autotune and self-written lyrics should look no further than this video. It seriously sounds like the person who made this procrastinated until the last minute and made this up without even trying. XD

Edited by Ananze

I feel sorry for her. I guess its mainly because of my bias against bullying but still. I hope she at least gets a private tutor so she can have a chance at a solid future.

Edited by Shade ?

• 2 years later...

IT'S SATURDAY! SATURDAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVCzdpagXOQ

Yes, it's actually a sequel to Friday. No really, it even starts in a similar style to Friday and has the random guy segment in the middle of it.

In parts, it even has the same lyrics, she's just replaced Friday with Saturday

IT'S SATURDAY! SATURDAY!

Yes, it's actually a sequel to Friday. No really, it even starts in a similar style to Friday and has the random guy segment in the middle of it.

Oh dear lord.

Well, it's marginally better then Friday.....................doesn't make it anything less then shitty though. 

... There's a topic about this bitch? I... all I can say is: Why? I know her music is the equivalent of having your girlfriend screaming in your ear while you're high... but really? There's a topic about this?  :/

It seems clear to me that she regrets the entire "Friday" debacle and wants to erase it with something more palatable. Good on her for giving it another shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

IT'S SATURDAY! SATURDAY!

As soon as the song started I wanted to put a bullet in my head, Just... why?