Awoo.

Holy Dooley

Mr. Awesomest

We need to sticky this for general information purposes.

Seriously, screw any wiki the fanbase has made, this topic answers the tough nail-biting dilemmas that have been plaguing us since childhood.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow and Cream then.

Well mostly Cream.

Go.

What? Are you asking how much force they can exert to stop themselves? A few details on what you want me to do with them would be nice, if only a few.

Well, for Shadow, it would be relatively the same case as Sonic, but keep in mind that Shadow gets to his max speed by hover shoes. Although Shadow has the same traits as Sonic, Shadow was made in a lab to be the ultimate life form. Sonic was born on a small island to the northwest of Australia, if the old games are something to go by. Shadow was made by some good scientists, but Sonic had some rad parents.

As for Cream, I will come up with an answer in about an hour or so. CALUCLATING...

EDIT: ERROR: Unable to find variable "Cream's Max Speed".

Edited by Mr.Awesomest

Sonic can punch you with .75 million pounds of force.

Shadow Stronger than Sonic

How the FUCK did Chris survive this? (And every character punched by Shadow)

089chris.jpg

Edited by R@qH1eL

How the FUCK did Chris survive this? (And every character punched by Shadow)

Shadow has power restricting ring/bracelet things, does he not? Those came into effect. If not, he didn't want to splatter the kid or anyone else all over the wall like he was hit directly with a Javelin missile launcher.

Alternative answer: Sonic X is not canon.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest

Your Math skills are Awesome. Now explain... The Homing Attack.

He swipes his legs in the direction of an enemy so quickly, not only does the human eye not detect it, but it creates a miniature vacuum. This miniature vacuum implodes, which as an effect pulls Sonic into it, and effectively sends him in the direction of his target. As for when the homing attack begins to curve, Sonic uses his quills to direct himself through the air.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest
  • Thumbs Up 6

He swipes his legs in the direction of an enemy so quickly, not only does the human eye not detect it, but it creates a miniature vacuum. This miniature vacuum implodes, which as an effect pulls Sonic into it, and effectively sends him in the direction of his target. As for when the homing attack begins to curve, Sonic uses his quills to direct himself through the air.

Huh, I always thought that he was mearly Using Chaos Energy inside him to Sense the energy signals of his opponent, Thus Air Dashing himself in that direction.

Speaking of which, Can you explain the Wierd Energy Aura that surrounds the Characters when they Spin/Punch/Fly/Boost/Whatever?

Yeah, Marvel does it all the time. I mean, they figured out The Flash runs <some ungodly number> times the speed of light.

Funny, I always though The Flash belongs to DC. :P

Speaking of Shadow fucking people's shit up... we can gather he's roughly an equal to Sonic in a physical sense, but what about when he induces Chaos Control? It's bad enough that Sonic can punch with nearly a million pounds of force just by running really fast, but Chaos Control would allow Shadow to dash between two points instantaneously by way of stopping time altogether. And I'm not much of a physics wiz, but even if that wasn't enough, the force of a punch like that would increase proportional to the amount of distance between the starting point of the CC and the finish, because the time it takes to go between both points doesn't change (Ie: instantaneous, or really fucking close to it).

It's a good thing Shadow didn't stop time completely during that one Silver fight, or that famous roundhouse kick in '06 probably would've fuckin' decapitated him.

Edited by Blacklightning

Speaking of Shadow fucking people's shit up... we can gather he's roughly an equal to Sonic in a physical sense, but what about when he induces Chaos Control? It's bad enough that Sonic can punch with nearly a million pounds of force just by running really fast, but Chaos Control would allow Shadow to dash between two points instantaneously by way of stopping time altogether. And I'm not much of a physics wiz, but even if that wasn't enough, the force of a punch like that would increase proportional to the amount of distance between the starting point of the CC and the finish, because the time it takes to go between both points doesn't change (Ie: instantaneous, or really fucking close to it).

It's a good thing Shadow didn't stop time completely during that one Silver fight, or that famous roundhouse kick in '06 probably would've fuckin' decapitated him.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest
  • Thumbs Up 2

This topic is awesome. smile.png

Spindash.

Explain how it works.

Go.

Gotta go fast.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest
  • Thumbs Up 1

I remember that question was once asked on (the now dead) Sonic Channel's "Ask Sonic."

"Sonic" said that he combines a simple somersault with running.

Whether that makes sense at all I'll leave to you guys.

Edited by Modern Inferno

I remember that question was once asked on (the now dead) Sonic Channel's "Ask Sonic."

"Sonic" said that he combines a simple somersault with running.

Whether that makes sense at all I'll leave to you guys.

Wouldn't that explain the spin roll not the spin dash?

Good gosh, imagine Sonic in his Super form....that's be like his force x10!

Or his Hyper form......his force x50!

A fight against Sonic = commiting suicide.

Edited by Zinos

Good gosh, imagine Sonic in his Super form....that's be like his force x10!

Or his Hyper form......his force x50!

A fight against Sonic = commiting suicide.

HOLY.. SHIT! I like how you guys have no only calculated the force of his punches (which would probably be even faster while running,) but have also explained other things, such as his ability to freaking homing attack enemies. Now, given that Shadow is stronger than Sonic, and about as fast, should he be able to kill someone really easily. As, using chaos control to boost his arm forward into someone, punching them with plenty of force (probably even more than Sonic since he's stronger as well.) Of course, he could kill someone ala X-Men Origins: Wolverine by teleporting into them so his arm grabs them, (except he would be teleporting, not the victim,) or like in an episode of Charmed where Paige orbed someone's heart out (he could do the same with chaos control.) In fact, he could probably go all kirby on them and chaos control their powers into his own body, rendering them even more screwed and making himself more powerful. Question, why hasn't this happened yet? Also, if someone could calculate the force of Shadow's punching, that would be greatly appreciated.

Who says he's running at the speed of sound when it happens? Just sayin, ever since Unleashed where he's supposed to be running at the speed of sound (I think,no sonic shock clouds though) they've preferred him crashing...

I've seen this math quite a few times before, but, I always wondered how much it would take for him to run that fast in the first place...

Wait, or is that what the 35 * 343.2 = 11977 n sum does? (that's just the torque though isn't it?)

Sonic runs at around 300mph in Unleashed. Can't remember where I read that though.

Edited by Modern Inferno

I read the same, but It could be his literal in-game speed, that is, in relation to levels and how their size was somehow measured (distance) in multiplication to how quickly Sonic could advance in them (time) , rather than what speed he was supposed to be going in-universe.

Edited by Mysterics

Sonic runs at around 300mph in Unleashed. Can't remember where I read that though.

*cries*

You guys forgot about me so soon.

I did a breakdown of the Unleashed SPD counters back in the old "Does Shadow have natural Super Speed" thread. To refresh your memory, if we are to believe that the Sonic Boost is a roughly thematic equivalent to a Sonic Boom, then Sonic can preform 2-3 times the speed of sound in that game. Anywhere between 700 - 2400 mph depending on the stage and how far your hog is leveled up.

I have a different theory, which can explain why Sonic takes damage despite his body should be amazingly strong to survive running at supersonic speeds.

It might be just his... windkinesis. Whenever he homing-attacks or boosts there is some blue wind left behind him. It might be because rather than physically instantly making himself move faster in a certain direction (while spinning), he uses his wind aura to propel him somehow. Since he can manipulate the wind aorund him to a degree, he doesn't suffer the full consequences of running at these speeds. He could also use this ability to decrease the speed at which he falls. That would mean he doesn't have to be so powerful physically.

But that's just a theory.

I have a different theory, which can explain why Sonic takes damage despite his body should be amazingly strong to survive running at supersonic speeds.

It might be just his... windkinesis. Whenever he homing-attacks or boosts there is some blue wind left behind him. It might be because rather than physically instantly making himself move faster in a certain direction (while spinning), he uses his wind aura to propel him somehow. Since he can manipulate the wind aorund him to a degree, he doesn't suffer the full consequences of running at these speeds. He could also use this ability to decrease the speed at which he falls. That would mean he doesn't have to be so powerful physically.

But that's just a theory.

I think the "Blue Aura" Is a combination of Wind and Chaos Energy. I think that All characters playable in a Sonic game except Eggman, his Robots, and Blaze (She has Sol Energy) has CHaos Energy inside. The amount varies, But Sonic/Shadow, Tails and Knuckles and Maybe Amy have the most. (Tails doesnt realize his true potential) But Sonic (And Shadow) Is/Are the one(s) with the Highest amount. And when Sonic is boosting, He is using the Excess energy from the Rings and stuff and releasing it to increase his acceleration. I also believe he has an endless amount of speed, But he uses the excess ring energy to reach high speeds quicker. (And ram into enemies.)