Awoo.

"Resident Evil Revival Selection HD Remastered Version"

Badnik Mechanic

Alrighty then.... according to Andriasang (never heard of him/them) Famitsu has leaked some details about the next Resident Evil game... and it's a port.

Sorta...

They're re-releasing Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4 on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The leaked details are as follows.

•The game full name may actually be "Resident Evil Revival Selection HD Remastered Version

•It includes remastered versions of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica

•There are no new elements to the games at present

•RE4 include's Ada's Another Order mode

Source

And yes I agree with you... the title of the game is bloody stupid.

Capcom REALLY love remaking RE games barely a generation after they're released, don't they.

There's been great success of late for certain franchises to release remastered compilation editions of older videogames (especially ones that were never released in HD before). Always at a budget price, too, which is nice. There was God of War, and on Friday the Tomb Raider Trilogy, which contains the three Crystal Dynamics videogames, is released on a single Blu-Ray. Also forthcoming are the first three, never-before-in-HD videogames from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, again remastered on a single disc. It provides a nice opportunity for those without DLC capability to own a nice slice of a franchise history and usually comes with some cool special features (the Tomb Raider Trilogy, for example, comes with a free dynamic theme for your PlayStation3 and a few new "making of" documentaries).

From the initial details, this sounds like what'll happen with this latest Resident Evil, in that it isn't the "next Resident Evil, let's all get excited"... but rather groundwork for a future, bigger release (as is usually the trend with the aforementioned remastered compilations). That explains the lack of new elements added to the videogames, but my money would be on some kind of bonus being chucked in at the last minute, like a dynamic theme and/or some collector's booklet.

Uh, Glenn? Perhaps you shouldn't automatically assuming that this will just be a HD 'resmastered' port of two games and perhaps consider that we're talking possible two remakes in one package, considering last gen, Capcom did remakes of the first three Resident Evil games?

Really, that might be what they actually meant. Capcom seems to be strangely adverse to porting the originals of main-series RE games after the original generation they were released in has passed, aside from the DS port of the original RE and the Wii port of RE4, for reasons which are fairly obvious. They explicitly said they could quite easily do a 3DS port of RE5, and instead of going the easy route for cheap bucks, that handheld is instead getting an original RE game and a stand-alone Mercenaries game instead, which kinda implies a lot.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Uh, Glenn? Perhaps you shouldn't automatically assuming that this will just be a HD 'resmastered' port of two games and perhaps consider that we're talking possible two remakes in one package, considering last gen, Capcom did remakes of the first three Resident Evil games?

Really, that might be what they actually meant. Capcom seems to be strangely adverse to porting the originals of main-series RE games after the original generation they were released in has passed, aside from the DS port of the original RE and the Wii port of RE4, for reasons which are fairly obvious. They explicitly said they could quite easily do a 3DS port of RE5, and instead of going the easy route for cheap bucks, that handheld is instead getting an original RE game and a stand-alone Mercenaries game instead, which kinda implies a lot.

Well, that's fair enough, then! I'm not the biggest follower of Resident Evil, and given the forthcoming release of the Tomb Raider Trilogy, I was merely offering a possible perspective on the (thusfar short on detail) news.

Also, the opening post used the word "port", which immediately shoved any idea of a "remake" from my mind! :D

But if Capcom has form with remakes, and seems adverse to ports of older videogames from Resident Evil, then I stand corrected. As more details emerge, and if I'm proven wrong, then I apologise for jumping to conclusions.

?.....They only remade the first one. The rest were ports. You can believe this will also be ports. I'd bet the farm on it.

Yeesh it took me ages to find Code Veronica X on the Ps2, now they just go and release it on Ps3. Timing much. Although, I won't complain if its like the remake of the first game. I doubt it cause I can't see Resident evil 4 being changed and doing as well.

I'm guessing that Super Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha 2: Turbo Hyper Fighting has been cancelled, then?

I think that I might actually pick up Resi 4 and Code: Veronica after hearing that Capcom thinks that they're good enough to see HD re-releases - hell, RE5 was fantastic, and most people say that those two titles are even better than it!

19-813x1023.jpg

25-818x1023.jpg

34-830x1024.jpg

43-832x1024.jpg

Well I don't know about you guys but any excuse to replay RE4 is good for me! Maybe they'll bother adding Move support.

And it's been a while since I touched Fruity Alfred's Emblem Hunt 2001 too. Shame it's not getting the REmake facelift, but hey, if it's 20€ like the Tomb Raider collection I'm in.

Just keep in mind that Code Veronica is a completely different beast. They are both great games though.

SCANS

Well I don't know about you guys but any excuse to replay RE4 is good for me! Maybe they'll bother adding Move support.

And it's been a while since I touched Fruity Alfred's Emblem Hunt 2001 too. Shame it's not getting the REmake facelift, but hey, if it's 20€ like the Tomb Raider collection I'm in.

Yup, HD ports (not that there's anything wrong with that). Also I think the reason you wouldn't see REmake or 0 is because they still used prerendered backgrounds.

Edited by speedfreak

I bought Resident Evil 4 on both GameCube and Wii and dammit, I know that I'll end up buying this too. Never played Code Veronica though, not sure what to expect there, hope it's good!

Code Veronica is one that many people didn't like. I honestly loved it, Alfred Ashford was hilarious :D

lol oh golly, it really is called that.

No idea if theres a western release though is there?

Oddly, I'm actually looking forward to Veronica more than RE4. I wonder if it'll have DLC, that costs £10... which is an unlock code?

I bought Resident Evil 4 on both GameCube and Wii and dammit, I know that I'll end up buying this too. Never played Code Veronica though, not sure what to expect there, hope it's good!

Expect classic style RE at it's finest.

And just to add more meat to this post I'll rank the RE games!

RE4

REmake

RE2

RECV=RE5

RE3

RE0

Though I love them all and some only beat out others by the tiniest bit.

Edited by speedfreak

What an odd name its hardly memorable or catchy. I might get this because I have played my Resident Evil 4 to DEATH and I would like to play Code Veronica.

Hopefully they'll port (not remake) the first three games because my PS1 games are rather worn! :(

He's my order of Resident Evil games, all great in my book (5 was really disapointing though).

Resident Evil 4.

Resident Evil 3.

Resident Evil 2.

Resident Evil 1

Resident Evil 5

PS: I haven't played Resident Evil 0 so I haven't rated it.

Edited by BW199148

Well of course I'm looking forward to it. Code Veronica is the most "climatic" Resident Evil game, it is loved by some, hated by others. It also has some of the best music in the series, and is quite possibly the most 'surreal' Resident Evil game. I won't say more for spoilers, but I am interested to see if there's more to this or just a small collection.

No, they didn't. Last Gen, Capcom remade the original game, and only the original, to immense critical acclaim. Capcom also did straight ports of Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica to the Gamecube, all several years after REmake came out. And they did straight ports of REmake and Resident Evil 0 to the Wii just a couple of years ago. Glenn's assumption was not only perfectly fair, but was by an order of magnitude the more reasonable one to make. Because we are talking about Capcom.

Oddly, I'm actually looking forward to Veronica more than RE4. I wonder if it'll have DLC, that costs £10... which is an unlock code?

Code Veronica is a port of the Dreamcast version, meaning Capcom took the Gamecube version and stripped all of the PS2 bonus content from it.

Resident Evil 4 is a port of the Gamecube version, meaning Capcom took the Wii version and stripped all of the PS2 bonus content from it.

Then you get to pay extra to get all that stuff back.

Bet on it.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Code Veronica is a port of the Dreamcast version, meaning Capcom took the Gamecube version and stripped all of the PS2 bonus content from it.

Resident Evil 4 is a port of the Gamecube version, meaning Capcom took the Wii version and stripped all of the PS2 bonus content from it.

Bet on it.

I think they said already Ada's seperate Ways is already available so you wont need to download that. Also, download Code Veronica Wesker Edition? Bah, I can't miss the best factor of the game for damn Dlc!

No, they didn't. Last Gen, Capcom remade the original game, and only the original, to immense critical acclaim. Capcom also did straight ports of Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica to the Gamecube, all several years after REmake came out. And they did straight ports of REmake and Resident Evil 0 to the Wii just a couple of years ago. Glenn's assumption was not only perfectly fair, but was by an order of magnitude the more reasonable one to make. Because we are talking about Capcom.

Bet on it.

Actually, Capcom have confirmed it's the "ultimate" versions of the games. So with all the bonus content, Code Veronica X and it includes Separate Way's and the bonus costumes and weapons in RE4.

Fuck yeah I'll play RE4 again for like the 50th time.

And I'll try and play CV again, even though I hate that fucking aeroplane boss.

Bandersnatches are a pain in the ass. I remember playing RECV for the first time and getting up to the first Bandersnatch. I would run up the steps, he would Gomu Gomu no his way up to me, I would run back down the steps, he would jump down, rinse and repeat.

Edited by speedfreak

I'll probably get this if they fix some of the problems with these games.

Your wondering what problem RE4 has right? Well its just that if you choose a different costume it will switch it to Leon's original outfit during cutscenes and it switches back afterwords. This gets rather annoying after a while especially when your wearing his mobster outfit. I hope they fix that.

Not sure about CV however. I never got my hands on it so it sounds like I might get it anyways. :P

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

Your wondering what problem RE4 has right? Well its just that if you choose a different costume it will switch it to Leon's original outfit during cutscenes and it switches back afterwords. This gets rather annoying after a while especially when your wearing his mobster outfit. I hope they fix that.

That only happened in the PS2 version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I loved RE4 and would love to play a good Resident Evil title in HD (RE5 didn't do it for me, sadly), so I might just wind up buying this.