Awoo.

Neo Geo Pocket Color

T-Min

I was wondering, did anyone else here ever own a Neo Geo Pocket Color? I have one (had it since 2000), and it still works even though the sub battery is dead and you have to turn it off and back on a bunch of times to actually get a game to work. The only game that I have for it is Sonic Pocket Adventure.

For those of you who don't know what the Neo Geo Pocket Color is, it is an old handheld console that came out around '98 or '99, I believe. It was developed by SNK as the successor to the monochrome Neo Geo Pocket, which only came out in Japan. It was also SNK's final console.

Anyway, yeah, discuss the system and its games here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I own one of them.

The only game i own for it is Sonic pocket adventure. It still works and I brought it to the first SOS for someone to have a look at, it's really quite a wonderful game that barely anyone has played.

Ah yes, I have a Neo Geo Pocket Color! The only reason I bought it was for Sonic Pocket Adventure (which, thankfully, was totally worth the purchase!) but I have a few other games for it too. Let me think... umm... there was a golf one, I remember that... and SNK vs somebody-or-other (I'm guessing Capcom) in a card fighting game? Yeah, that one was pretty cool. I'm sure I have at least one more game for it but what it is escapes me. Everything apart from Sonic didn't really hold my interest, basically.

Edited by Doctor MK

I have one and I too only bought it for Sonic Pocket Adventure and don't regret it. I was lucky enough to find it bundled with the game at a Gamestation store when visiting a nearby town a few years back. SPA is still the only game I have for it though. Haven't really looked into the others.

I brought mine off my buddy for $5 and he was kind enough to throw in Sonic Pocket Adventure as incentive. Like the rest of you, it is the only game I own for the console (lol I sense a trend here).

The game itself is actually pretty sweet. You can spend hours clacking away on that noisy joystick.

I don't have one, but my cousin did. Ironically this was long before I was into Sonic, and the only game I can remember him having was SNK vs. Capcom. Which I remember spending hours playing when visiting.

I had one, but I lost it something like 6 years ago and haven't been able to find it since. I had it all: Match of the Millenium, Card Fighter's Clash, Gals' Fighters, KoF R-2 and Fatal Fury 1st Contact. Ironically, I did not have Sonic Pocket Adventure until several years later, with me buying it online being the catalyst that made me realize I couldn't find my NGPC.

Quite a shame SNK exploded not too long after it came out, because the system was doing pretty well even though it came out when Pokemania was at its peak.

Edited by Tornado

Edit: never mind... I knew the day would come and it's finally here... I have posted in the wrong topic.

But anyway... rah rah rah neo geo.

Actually, I think I have a copy of metal slug, only I've never played it, is it any good?

From what I remember over the brief time playing the neo geo, it was a pain to use because it had a seperate battery for the sale file system didn't it?

Edited by Hogfather

Actually, I think I have a copy of metal slug, only I've never played it, is it any good?

Its better than the GBA game.

From what I remember over the brief time playing the neo geo, it was a pain to use because it had a seperate battery for the sale file system didn't it?

There was a CR2032 used to keep the time and date set, unless I'm misreading what you said.

There was a CR2032 used to keep the time and date set, unless I'm misreading what you said.

Yeah thats the one, it kinda bugged me how it would pop up with that set date/time thing each time I turned the thing on.

Yeah thats the one, it kinda bugged me how it would pop up with that set date/time thing each time I turned the thing on.

That's what happens to me with my saturn....but I lack a memory card for it D:

That's what happens to me with my saturn....but I lack a memory card for it D:

You don't need a memory card, just a new CR-2032 or equivalent. There's a little cover on the back that comes off, it goes in there.

I got the camo-blue version on launch day and I loved it to bits.

Only got it for Sonic Pocket Adventure in the first place, but I later got a hold of a couple of other titles for it including Metal Slug 1st Mission, Puzzle Bobble Mini, Pac-Man, and a couple of fighters. Unfortunately, my mother later got rid of it for some reason or another.

Now I've got a see-through version that I bought cheap off eBay in 2003, and the batteries I put in it way back when are STILL functional despite having played it to death over the past eight years. I just had to replace the dead CR2032 when it arrived, and I've never had a problem with it since... although I would rather get a blue version again one of these days, because I've really never been a fan of translucent systems. :lol: Just a shame that it never managed to stick around longer, because it had a nifty little library for the short time it was around and I would have loved to have seen what else would have popped up on it had it been given the chance.

Definitely give it a go. I've had loads of fun with it and would consider it a must-have for anyone with a Neo Geo.

EDIT: Irony much? I flicked my NGPC on this morning and it told me I had to replace the backup battery. Typical, hahaha.

Edited by Lucky