Awoo.

Dark Sonic

hookons0nic2

I think I should point something out here as it's very important that you know this, as using the Sonic wiki as a source on other sites would really have the forum come down on you like a ton of bricks.

The Sonic wiki is quite possibly one of the biggest jokes in the Sonic fandom... and why?

Well... back in June 2008 someone brought to our attention that Sonic Rush 3 was in development and linked to Sonic wikis article about it, most people haddn't really looked into sonic wiki until this moment.

When it eventually got the attention of the community. The levels of laughter could be heard for miles around.

Let's not forget that they shamelessly stole writing from Concept: "Mobius" and even had the damn cheek to edit the writing to suit their fancrufty views, never once looking at the disclaimer on C:M's pages, never once asking for permission to carbon copy word-for-word (Though we would've said no anyway as C:M is a resource, not something to copy-paste from) and never once crediting their source. Yes, that still hurts and is still vivid in my memory. It only stopped when me and Ryan sent 'em a Cease and Desist.

Please stop taking Sonic Wikia seriously. The site has very little credibility. I am not one for propagating bad feeling but that Wikia goes beyond taking the piss.

Back to the topic, I'll give that "Dark Super Sonic" scene one thing; It does seem to acknowledge that Sonic is better than resorting to such a form if what Eggman had to say was something to go by. Nowhere near as well done as Darkspine and Werehog was though, as a few in this topic have already elaborated upon.

Edited by Verte

To be fair, DSS came before Darkspine and the Werehog, so unless Evil Super Sonic counts as dark, I kind consider DSS to be LOOSELY based off him since there weren't any other dark forms at the time.

Although, I've never read Fleetway so that's why I bolded the words 'loosely.'

Edited by DragonSoul

Sonic can (and should) get angry and annoyed. It should just be a really, really rare occurance. As in once every 5 or 6 games or something.

You just don't need an entirely new transformation for it. Why? It'd just be gratuitous at best.

My idea for an angry version of Sonic would be more or less Sonic as he is now, just more focused and a little more aggressive. HI'd prefer a subtle approach to indicating Sonic's anger whereby Sonic's GREEN eyes turn RED for a moment. That's it, that's all you need, if you need anything at all.

Edited by Scar

Wow, first response and I already have a little troll. Thanks.......

Well, I like how Diogenes at least compares Dark Sonic to other things. Your comparisons to Darkspine and Werehog Sonic remind me of Riku from Kingdom Hearts. He was once devoted to the darkness, but now he fights on the side of light whilst using his dark powers to gain a new and unseen power. I see Dark Sonic as a Dark Riku, except Dark Riku's clothing changes and the transformation can be controlled to a certain extent.

What I really don't like is when people just say "Dark Sonic sucks @$$ cuz he looks like some crappy fan recolor job done in MS Paint". I think that the entire dark side aspect of Sonic brings a whole new idea to the Sonic world. Sonic has always fought purely for good. Even in Black Knight when he said "Guess I can't be the hero every time", he was still fighting to stop Merlina from ultimately ruining the kingdom. Not every hero needs to be a hero forever. It might even get, dare I say, boring after a while. Its kinda interesting to see a new side of Sonic besides his darker and stronger forms that STILL fight for the force of good. I like seeing Sonic just burst into anger and fight people using nothing more than pure rage. Of course, doing this forever would be cliche and fan fictiony, but being able to occasionally transform would fix that right up.

Keep the comments coming, but keep the trolling down to a minimum.

HI'd prefer a subtle approach to indicating Sonic's anger whereby Sonic's GREEN eyes turn RED for a moment.

Honestly I think that's worse than Dark Super Sonic; at least DSS has some logical justification, what with the emeralds, positive/negative energy, and being a sort of inverted Super form. Just having his eyes change color doesn't really have any basis in the existing mechanisms of the series.

His natural Super Form?

But at no point do his eyes alone change. They change as part of a full Super transformation.

Damn. I was gone for two days and someone started a Dark Sonic topic and I didn't even know about it. :mellow:

To be honest, I don't mind Dark Sonic. I think he has a lot of potential (even if Dark Sonic borderlines shounen territory). But I agree with many members of this forum when they say Darkspine and Werehog Sonic did the whole "Dark" concept better. They weren't "ZOMG Rage! I Will Kill All Of You," like Dark Sonic was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, is it just me or does almost everyone seem to hate the idea of Dark Sonic? I kinda feel disappointed.... I was hoping that more people would support Dark Sonic. Maybe I'm just a little f'ing retard, but I really like the idea of Sonic loosing his cool once in a great while. I guess I'm just a fucktard with a fucktarded mind (pardon my language, i'm sad.)

Ok, I GET IT, I USED SONIC WIKI. It was the only source, credible or not, that attempted to give a proper name to him. I'M SORRY!

If you guys wanna keep talking about how lame Dark Sonic is compared to DarkSpine or Werehog Sonic, be my guest. Just stop being mean to me. I realize that you're not trying to be mean and that's probably the last thought flowing through your minds, but I'm hurt.

Meh, at least Dark Sonic isn't as overrated as that one single image of a Sonic-like thing that we don't actually know the name or powers of due to it just being a still image with the filename mystery (Hint: In Japanese, mystery is Naz--okay, that's not so much dropping a hint as dropping an anvil).

Still very cliche and uninteresting to me, though.

Honestly I think that's worse than Dark Super Sonic; at least DSS has some logical justification, what with the emeralds, positive/negative energy, and being a sort of inverted Super form. Just having his eyes change color doesn't really have any basis in the existing mechanisms of the series.

It was just a suggestion really.

Personally, I feel there is no need for Dark Super Sonic, because Sonic isn't maniacally bipolar that way. Sonic should just get angry like a normal person.

but I really like the idea of Sonic loosing his cool once in a great while.
It's not necessarily a bad idea, but Dark Super Sonic is just about the worst way to go about it. It's something that has to be done with some thought and subtlety or it ends up lame and cliche.

Maybe I'm just a little f'ing retard,

I guess I'm just a fucktard with a fucktarded mind (pardon my language, i'm sad.)

Just stop being mean to me. I realize that you're not trying to be mean and that's probably the last thought flowing through your minds, but I'm hurt.

Don't do this, you're only embarrassing yourself.

It was just a suggestion really.
And I was just replying to it. :mellow:
  • Thumbs Up 1

Diogenes, you all seemed to quickly and mercilessly reject the entire idea of Dark Sonic being any bit "cool", so you all (excluding one or two people) made me feel pretty dumb. You have to admit, if you are the only person who likes something and everyone else hates it, it makes you feel dumb or weird. Now I just feel like another little fanboy who writes fanfiction as his job. I hate that kind of stuff.

Diogenes, you all seemed to quickly and mercilessly reject the entire idea of Dark Sonic being any bit "cool", so you all (excluding one or two people) made me feel pretty dumb. You have to admit, if you are the only person who likes something and everyone else hates it, it makes you feel dumb or weird. Now I just feel like another little fanboy who writes fanfiction as his job. I hate that kind of stuff.

Everyone has their own preferences its part of being human. You stated an idea, and we explained why the idea was flawed, not everyone is going to agree with your ideas ya know, you can't get upset every time it happens.

It's like clenching your fist and tense muscles don't cut it anymore. You have to fire black lasers and suddenly obtain blank eyes.

Of course, as mentioned before, Nazo's case isn't any better.

Maybe I'm just a little f'ing retard, but I really like the idea of Sonic loosing his cool once in a great while. I guess I'm just a fucktard with a fucktarded mind (pardon my language, i'm sad.)

Calling yourself names won't gain you sympathy.

And if you don't want us to, *ahem*, "hurt your feelings", why are you doing it to yourself?

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

You have to admit, if you are the only person who likes something and everyone else hates it, it makes you feel dumb or weird.
And at that point, you remember that what people you barely know think about something you like doesn't actually matter. Our difference in opinion doesn't make you a bad person.

Trawling for sympathy with this "oh well I'm just a stupid fuckhead I guess" shit, on the other hand...

Chalk it up to having a bad day and move on with life. Beating yourself up about it wouldn't get any better.

[obligatory on-topic bit]

Dark Sonic always seemed to be a prototype Darkspine Sonic reference to me, the basic concept is similar.

However, easily the best implementation of EVIL ALTER-EGO SONIC in the franchise's history is Fleetway Super Sonic, as has been mentioned already in this topic. If you don't know who that guy is, Google is your friend.

[/obligatory on-topic bit]

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

I like the idea of a “Dark Sonic” type dealie, but recent games really trampled too much on that territory for it to make the jump console side.

Darkspine Sonic in particular, was a fantastic portrayal of what a rage/grief driven Sonic can become. He was darker and sharper in his tone and mannerisms, while still keeping his fundamental standard as a hero. Rather than completely loosing control, he channeled his emotions into power that he then set upon his enemies.

The franchise has shown in the past that Sonic’s emotions and feelings are very strong forces (often more than enough to sway the feelings of those around him). I see no reason why we should be sheltered from Sonic’s angry side. Every now and again, something is going to make him mad and seeing how he handles it would make him all the better from a character perspective.

Sonic’s strongest moments of characterization have always come in the heat of the moment, when his ideals are at their breaking point and the enemy challenges him to abandon his ideology. If Sonic were pushed to dealing with his own rage, I tremble to think of what we can learn about him. Stress fosters development for Sonic, and a Dark/Darkspine serves that purpose.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 5

I like the idea of Dark Sonic when used right, make him look more like Super sonic but dark blackish blue and keep the green eyes, or maybe red? I like green better but anyways. I agree that Sonic is just that one guy who has a strong will and heart to not become like this normally, and when seeing his friends hurt would just royally piss him off and make him focus and act more urgent in battle not make him transform into this blood thirsty killing machine. But he isn't immune to "everything" he does have human emotions afterall, I think upon seeing a close friend die it wouldn't spawn a transformation but would bring out a angry, rage driven pissed off Sonic who's fighting style would most likely be more rage driven and with lots of urgency and vengeance.

Honestly the only thing I can see spawning a transformation is an outside source like the Chaos Emeralds because of the negative and positive energies in them, which is why I like the evil Super Sonic concept in Fleetway. It makes sense and could add to a lot of inner battles with Sonic trying to repel and fight off the negative energy and prevent it from effecting him so he doesn't go crazy and hurt his friends and others. It can also help Sonic become stronger when trying to prevent this change and could act as good story and character developmental growth. If used right I think it could make good story arcs in a comic series or cartoon series. Even though it may be cliche as it is done in many different series I actually like this concept and idea.

I don't see why everyone is against the similarities Sonic has to a Shonen series either? From the very beginning Sonic had a lot of DBZ and Star Wars inspiration. As long as it's subtle and not hardcore like DBZ I don't see a real big issue. As for Sonic X they fleshed out a lot of good ideas that just weren't executed or implemented well in the end. They introduce a dark form of sonic for like 30 seconds and then drop it to never be seen again for the rest of the series. Among other good concepts they just weren't implemented or executed well.

Why does Sonic need an EVIL FORM why can't he just...be angry. Y'know, just yell and loose his temper? He doesn't need to turn into a monster to do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd probably like Dark Super Sonic alot more if he were more his own character, the Mr. Hyde to Sonic's Dr. Jekyll, if you will.(Kind of like what was done with Super Sonic in STC.)

I do like his design though, even if it is just a recolor of Super Sonic. (Then again, I have an affinity toward dark looking things, so I'm probably just being biased. :P )

Well, I do like these new comments. At least you all aren't just saying that Dark Sonic sucks. Still, I feel a little left out, seeing as I'm the only one who seems to really enjoy Dark Sonic. I guess there's always gonna be that one odd guy out. Looks like it's my turn for now.

Edited by hookons0nic2

Well, I do like these new comments. At least you all aren't just saying that Dark Sonic sucks. Still, I feel a little left out, seeing as I'm the only one who seems to really enjoy Dark Sonic. I guess there's always gonna be that one odd guy out. Looks like it's my turn for now.

Yeah yeah alright, we get it, you don't like the people that disagreed with you who thought that Dark Sonic was crap. But come on, this woe is me attitude really isnt helping matters.

*randomly +reps two of your posts*

There, now you're back to 0 rep, can we move on please.

I like Dark Sonic its just Sonic X didn't implement the concept of it well and they only gave it 30 seconds of air time....along with other good concepts that went to waste. I think the only time Sonic would go dark like this is from an outside source forcing the influence on him such as dark energies from the Chaos Emeralds. It seems vastly out of character for him to act like this otherwise.

Sonic would naturally get more pissed off and serious when fighting when things are on the line but his heart is really strong willed and same for his morals, I don't see him ever turning into something he's the complete opposite of unless it was forced upon him and he didn't have the strength to fight back and it took over him. Sonic CAN be just angry, but if you want a evil version of him make a good reason for it happening because naturally Sonic would never be like that. Its just not who he is, even when extremely, royally pissed off. I love Fleetways Evil Super Sonic its one of my favorites next to Dark Super Sonic, then the Werehog and Darkspine Sonic.

You're going to meet a lot of people who disagree with your ideas and likes. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm one of the few that actually can enjoy Sonic X (In Japanese only) and LOVE Sonic CD while many members here don't really care for it like they do the other Sonic Classics. There is a huge Sonic X fanbase outside forums like this and many fans of Dark Super Sonic especially on DA and the whole...NAZO (Mystery) business. I honestly think "NAZO" was meant to be Sonic's Hyper form that they decided not to use.

Edited by SonikkuGenesis89