Awoo.

Dark Sonic

hookons0nic2

This specific scene doesn't make a whole lot of sense - Why does Sonic attack the two random mooks instead of the guy in charge? Oh, that's right, because their in universe role is the same as their role in the story - to show how sooper powerful Sonic became or whatever.

The concept of characterization through anger has a lot of potential but that's not what we're looking at here. This is just your typical Shonen genre fiction.

There is a huge Sonic X fanbase outside forums like this

Really? I'm not doubting you when you say that, but i honestly didn't know that Sonic X still had a big fanbase. I remember when the show was new and there was a HUGE chunk of the Sonic fanbase than were much more interested in Sonic X than in the games series. And first and foremost that part of the fanbase consisted of younger fans who became interested in Sonic through the show. It seemed to me though that the vast majority of those people eventually lost interest in the show and became more typical Sonic fans who cared more about the games.

FML. I curse my mental disorder! No, seriously, I have one.

Please stop using your disorder as a crutch for your actions. Thank You.

As for "Dark Sonic"... yeah, I'm just going to conform with everybody else and say it was just cliche.

I actually like the idea of Dark Sonic. It's a side to Sonic we don't really ever get to see. I think if executed right, we could be in for a real treat. It was only on the show for like two minutes though, and we never saw it again. To me, it just felt like a shoe horned in concept to try to appeal to the 12 year olds that wanna watch the edgy kind of TV. It certainly worked though, in my opinion at least, it seems to be popular among the younger fans. But I personally just wish it was expanded on and better executed.

Edited by RidersDX

Really? I'm not doubting you when you say that, but i honestly didn't know that Sonic X still had a big fanbase. I remember when the show was new and there was a HUGE chunk of the Sonic fanbase than were much more interested in Sonic X than in the games series. And first and foremost that part of the fanbase consisted of younger fans who became interested in Sonic through the show. It seemed to me though that the vast majority of those people eventually lost interest in the show and became more typical Sonic fans who cared more about the games.

I've used to be a fan of Sonic X (Japanses version) way back when the series was still new but now my interest in the show had died down when the series ended.

Can we all just stop pointing fingers at me and making me feel bad? It all seems childish. Yes, I realize that I kinda cussed you guys out, but you all made me feel like the one really weird guy because I seemed to be the only one who liked Dark Sonic at the time.

If you all don't like Dark Sonic, then just say so. Just don't drag me into it just because you can.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Can we all just stop pointing fingers at me and making me feel bad? It all seems childish.

You're the one that called yourself a "fuckhead" and repeatedly moan about no one agreeing with you. And we're the childish ones.

Right.

I mean, I'm not saying we're any more mature, but don't try to pass yourself as superior.

Yes, I realize that I kinda cussed you guys out,

Change "kinda" into "definitely".

but you all made me feel like the one really weird guy because I seemed to be the only one who liked Dark Sonic at the time.

That's not us being mean. That's you needing to realise that not everyone thinks the same way.

For example, most people like the typical Bowser or other villains such as Dimentio when it comes to their favourite Mario villains. I'm a little different and think Grodus is the best. But do you see me complaining non-stop about others thinking that guys like Fawful are better?

If you all don't like Dark Sonic, then just say so. Just don't drag me into it just because you can.

If we "just said so", that would be equal to saying "Dark Super Sonic sucks". Which you told us not to do.

And we didn't "drag" you into anything. You did that yourself, because - not sure if you remembered, you're the one who made this thread in the first place. Don't be mopey just because you didn't get the reactions you were hoping for.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

You all got me feeling mad about myself being the only one who seemed to like Dark Sonic. It seriously made me feel like a retard. It sucks being the only one who likes something. It's like being the only one who likes Justin Bieber or Rebecca Black; those people probably feel a little uneasy about it because of how everyone else hates them. That is why I lost my cool. I do apologize for the uneasiness I have caused, and I can only hope that you will all at least not totally reject my apology. wow, that sounded like something out of a bad cartoon.......

Tis the way of life. Not everything works the way you expect it to. Just continue with this discussion.

You all got me feeling mad about myself being the only one who seemed to like Dark Sonic. It seriously made me feel like a retard.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like him as well, I think I said I did in my earlier posts too. It just sucks because he only got 30 seconds to a minute of screen time. Then he was never seen or heard from again, which is why I was stating the good potential and idea was there just not implemented well in Sonic X for whatever reason among other good ideas that...got pretty wasted. But that 30 seconds to a minute of screen time was pretty exciting for me for the most part. I like seeing Sonic put in difficult situations and seeing him get a little pissed off or when things are on the line.

Edited by SonikkuGenesis89
  • Thumbs Up 1

At least I'm not the only one. I just wish they could have used him more. I do have to agree i saying that his appearance wasn't done in a very good way. Still, it was a great idea.

• Bad Quality Post 1

At least I'm not the only one. I just wish they could have used him more. I do have to agree i saying that his appearance wasn't done in a very good way. Still, it was a great idea.

Trust me you are not the only one....go look at all the "Dark (Super) Sonic" fan art on DA for example. And even though the show came out a few years ago there are still fans of the series that actively watch it. I actually like Sonic X and still watch it with friends (Japanese version only.) Also just because other people may not like something you like, it doesn't matter, who cares what they think. Like what "you" want to like. For example a lot of people here aren't as fond of Sonic CD as the other classics but its my favorite classic Sonic game and I LOVE CD.

I'm also a big SonXAmy fan and I know a lot of people here aren't. Just because other people may not like what you like or agree with your opinions doesn't mean it should make you feel bad or not like whatever it is anymore. No matter what it is, whether its Sonic related or not, you are always going to meet at least one person who will not like or agree with something you do. Just don't take it to heart and so personal, in fact I like looking at people's opposite reactions and opinions supporting their statements because it gives you a good thought and reflection on different outlooks on things.

Edited by SonikkuGenesis89

While i do like the concept of a dark form of a character its been way overused and is only good when implemented in a new way

hookons0nic2, knock it off with the constant references to you being the only one liking something and feeling sorry for yourself about it. Considering you repeatedly derail your own topic with your self-pitying self-imposed drama, it's getting really annoying.

• Thumbs Up 3

Super Dark sonic, even only seeing it once in Sonic X i knew I would like him. I kinda wish Sega found a GOOD way to put him in a game. I don't know maybe for sonic's 20th or 25th (since no one is sure about us getting a decent sonic game this year) Maybe something could happen to the emeralds and while sonic is in a fight, his groupies are badly injured. Forcing some deep hidden away rage that no one, including eggman and tails have never seen before to surface transforming him into his negative dark side. And as a final fight, it is Super shadow vs Super Dark Sonic. A fan can dream right?

Edited by Ultimate X360
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Super Dark sonic, even only seeing it once in Sonic X i knew I would like him. I kinda wish Sega found a GOOD way to put him in a game. I don't know maybe for sonic's 20th or 25th (since no one is sure about us getting a decent sonic game this year) Maybe something could happen to the emeralds and while sonic is in a fight, his groupies are badly injured. Forcing some deep hidden away rage that no one, including eggman and tails have never seen before to surface transforming him into his negative dark side. And as a final fight, it is Super shadow vs Super Dark Sonic. A fan can dream right?

Sounds like typical Sonic fanfiction IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like typical Sonic fanfiction IMO.

I agree. Not the kind of story I think Sonic Team would conjure at this time since they're pretty much done with angsty and overdramatic plots.

*Looks at 06'* <_<

.....Hopefully.

Edited by DragonSoul

I's like to see Sonic use only the negative energy of the Chaos Emeralds. I always have since Adventure. But I think it should just make his arrogance shoot up to the extremes for one. Sort of like Super Saiyan 2 Gohan.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 2

I's like to see Sonic use only the negative energy of the Chaos Emeralds. I always have since Adventure. But I think it should just make his arrogance shoot up to the extremes for one. Sort of like Super Saiyan 2 Gohan.

Dude, Super Saiyan 2 Gohan went much further than merely acting arrogant. He became a brutal, sadistic little fuck, that's what.

...Speaking of which, i guess that whole SS2 Gohan instance showed that you actually can have a otherwise completely pure hearted character "turn dark" without it feeling like it ruins the whole point of the character. (However, for some reason can not for the life of me imagine Goku turning bad like that without it feeling like it completely destroys the core of the character...)

• Thumbs Up 2

I's like to see Sonic use only the negative energy of the Chaos Emeralds. I always have since Adventure.

Well, Sonic would have had to of come into contact with some of the negative emotions sealed inside the world rings. That may be as close as we are going to get.

(However, for some reason can not for the life of me imagine Goku turning bad like that without it feeling like it completely destroys the core of the character...)

This brings up another interesting angle. A Dark Sonic wouldn’t necessarily have to be a bad guy (or even perform actions in an overly negative manner per say). The series has always hyped Sonic’s character as someone who has too strong of a will to lose his way. In both Unleashed and Chronicles, Sonic was shown to be able to resist the negative vibes that topped other members of his crew.

Even during his brief movement of weakness during Sonic X, he was still largely himself. The dark aura around him never pushed him beyond the limits of his character. He was still throwing his usual quips around and never crossed a line. He took his rage, he took his anger and he channeled it into something positive. A force that could be used for good. That takes some true heroism right there.

If Sega wanted to properly interpret Sonic’s dark side, it would have to come in a manner such as this. Even in a berserk release of power, Sonic is still of his own mind and agenda. He might punch instead of spindash, but it all comes out good in the end.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everything SegaDogTagz just said, I agree with.

I just don't see how some people tend to think 'dark' and 'evil' mean the same thing. Like I said before, Sonic doesn't need to have a Super form to properly convey his anger. It also doesn't mean that when he gets angry, he becomes all psychopathic on people's asses. Darkspine clearly put a beat-down on Erazor, sure, but at least he wasn't evil or near-evil like DSS was.

People who seem to want to see Sonic in such a scenario in which he did get evil, make him want to be like Shadow with the whole vengeful agenda thing Shadow had. I don't mean to generalize like that, it's just that it's imporatant for Sonic to get angry like every other character, but not as frequent or to the point where he really is no longer Sonic.

Edited by DragonSoul

Even so, I just don't like Sonic having a rage-activated dark form at all, regardless of whether he's "evil" or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even so, I just don't like Sonic having a rage-activated dark form at all, regardless of whether he's "evil" or not.

Well there was Darkspine, but I actually like him.