Awoo.

Dark Sonic

hookons0nic2

I think this thread is no longer about Dark Sonic and more about flaming... :mellow:

Edited by DragonSoul

True but wouldn't it be kinda awesome to see what would happen when sonic activates the negative side of the emeralds?

...No.

Mainly because I could probably predict every single thing that would happen. Sonic would be pissed off, turn black/dark, gain blank/glowing eyes and more DBZ powers, be more aggresive and bloodlust towards enemies and eventually, possibly, his own friends, say "pathetic" and "weak" about a dozen times, will have the series main villain say something about how "even HE'S not that evil", will need either the other brooding character or the "official" (read: fan preferred) love interest to calm him down.

All the same, ALL THE SAME.

P.S: I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I was never that fond of Fleetway Super Sonic either.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Pretty sure absorbing the negative energy turns him into a Werehog.

...if I did my crackpot theory correctly, that is.

Mainly because I could probably predict every single thing that would happen. Sonic would be pissed off, turn black/dark, gain blank/glowing eyes and more DBZ powers, be more aggresive and bloodlust towards enemies and eventually, possibly, his own friends, say "pathetic" and "weak" about a dozen times, will have the series main villain say something about how "even HE'S not that evil", will need either the other brooding character or the "official" (read: fan preferred) love interest to calm him down.

And it would be followed by a 3 minutes long "what have I done" cutscene, after which everyone would completely forget about the whole thing.

Edited by Tornado

Pretty sure absorbing the negative energy turns him into a Werehog.

...if I did my crackpot theory correctly, that is.

Werehog is the result of Dark Gaia's energy, not the negative energy.

Werehog is the result of Dark Gaia's energy, not the negative energy.
Same thing.

Same thing.

Really? I could've sworn they're different powers in general. Its not like Sonic was pissed off or anything when turning into the Werehog.

Doesn't make any sense for them to be entirely separate powers. Remember how the game starts; Eggman's machine uses Super Sonic/the emeralds to power a dark energy beam to wake up Dark Gaia, which also has the side effect of turning Sonic into the werehog. If the energy from the emeralds wasn't the same as Dark Gaia's, it wouldn't have given him the boost he needed to awaken early. And there was no Dark Gaia energy floating around in space to turn Sonic into the werehog for the first time.

And Sonic doesn't need to get angry to transform because anger isn't the only part of the equation. Unleashed spends a lot of time quietly linking together all the dark/negative things, and likewise for the light/positive things, which includes day and night. During the day, the light/positive powers are at their strongest, while at night, the dark/negative powers take over. Because of what happened on Eggman's orbital laserstation, Sonic's become sensitive to that ebb and flow, regardless of his emotions.

Doesn't make any sense for them to be entirely separate powers. Remember how the game starts; Eggman's machine uses Super Sonic/the emeralds to power a dark energy beam to wake up Dark Gaia, which also has the side effect of turning Sonic into the werehog. If the energy from the emeralds wasn't the same as Dark Gaia's, it wouldn't have given him the boost he needed to awaken early. And there was no Dark Gaia energy floating around in space to turn Sonic into the werehog for the first time.

And Sonic doesn't need to get angry to transform because anger isn't the only part of the equation. Unleashed spends a lot of time quietly linking together all the dark/negative things, and likewise for the light/positive things, which includes day and night. During the day, the light/positive powers are at their strongest, while at night, the dark/negative powers take over. Because of what happened on Eggman's orbital laserstation, Sonic's become sensitive to that ebb and flow, regardless of his emotions.

But there's also the fact that Dark Gaia absorbed Sonic's Werehog power before the final battle, so unless Dark Gaia is powered by the negative energy of the emeralds, the Werehog is the product of Dark Gaia's dark energy.

There's also the fact that Sonic didn't start to transform until Dark Gaia was fully awakened, and the fact that both the Werehog and Nightmares have similar powers as well(The whole stretchy arm deal).

But there's also the fact that Dark Gaia absorbed Sonic's Werehog power before the final battle, so unless Dark Gaia is powered by the negative energy of the emeralds, the Werehog is the product of Dark Gaia's dark energy.
Yes, because they're the same thing. The negative energy of the emeralds is the same as Dark Gaia's power. Dark Gaia's power is negative chaos energy. In fact I don't think it would be going to far to say that Dark Gaia is negative chaos energy, that it is the personification of that energy and not just a being that uses it.

Yes, because they're the same thing. The negative energy of the emeralds is the same as Dark Gaia's power. Dark Gaia's power is negative chaos energy. In fact I don't think it would be going to far to say that Dark Gaia is negative chaos energy, that it is the personification of that energy and not just a being that uses it.

Inconclusive? As far as we know, he's just the embodiment of Darkness, and Destruction.