Awoo.

4Kids is celebrating Sonic's 20th anniversary

PC the Hedgehog

According to Cynopsis:

4Kids Entertainment reveals a bit about the upcoming 2011-12 season of its Saturday morning programming block' date=' Toonzai (7a-12p), on The CW. The core of the new season for the boy-targeted Toonzai block, which saw increases of +25% in February 2011 versus the same month last year among K6-11 and Boys 6-11, will feature new episodes of the Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragon Ball Z, and Magi-Nation franchises, as well as continuing to feature classic episodes of the Sonic series. While there is no confirmation as of it, the lineup could potentially include the mixed traditional cel and CGI animated series Tai Chi Chasers (39x30), as well as a few other series. [b']4Kids will also feature some big promotional events for the upcoming season, two of which will be built around franchise milestones, the 10th anniversary of Yu-Gi-Oh! and the 20th anniversary of Sonic. 4Kids Entertainment represents the rights to Tai Chi Chasers worldwide (excluding Asia), which is a co-production of Japan's Toei Animation and Korean broadcaster KBS (Korean Broadcasting System).

Color me surprised, especially since 4Kids isn't involved with the series anymore outside of running reruns ad nauseum. Really surprised to see them continuing to support the franchise as a whole. Wonder what we'll see from them.

Urm... do 4Kids actually have anything to do with Sonic other than using the voice actors to do "Coming up after the break Sonic X!"

If 4Kids is gonna celebrate Sonic's 20th anniversary, then they should take that shit known as Sonic X completely off the air. That's the best gift they could give us.

EDIT: This was supposed to be a joke, but I made a terrible mistake.

There is an apology later on this page. From now on, I'm gonna think before I post stupid stuff. :(

Edited by Darth Sonikku
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Bad Quality Post 18

Eh, that's cool I guess. After watching their 4Kids National Anthem I'm actually worried about what they're going to do.

They're probably going to take some clips from Sonic X and make a silly commerical with it and have the rest of the characters from the other 4kids shows celebrate his 20th anniversary. I don't see what else they can do with Sonic other then that.

Edited by sonfan1984

Well that's cool. It's always nice to see people celebrating it ^^

Isn't it Yu-Gi-Oh!'s 15th anniversary, though?

Edit: Oh. Derp. The anime ^^

If 4Kids is gonna celebrate Sonic's 20th anniversary, then they should take that shit known as Sonic X completely off the air. That's the best gift they could give us.

How would that be a gift? :mellow: If you don't like it, don't watch. Ignore it. I don't see how anyone would get excited for them to stop showing it.

I think it's better they continue to air it, because it could spawn new Sonic fans. :)

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

Speak for yourself buddy, I don't mind it, theres a lot of other cartoons out there which are much worse than Sonic X.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Maybe we're getting a Fourth Season (Shot, stomped and spat on.)

I don't mind 4Kids celebrating it, I mean as Eggman said, "You Know What They Say, The More The Merrier!!" (Shot, Stomped and spat on. Again.)

• Thumbs Up 1

At first I was figuring it'd just be a marathon, or perhaps tossing up any more subtitled episodes they hadn't gotten to, but 4Kids were the ones who got one of those Yu-Gi-Oh! movies made, right? So, it wouldn't be entirely impossible for them to work with Japanese animators again, and they've worked with SEGA before quite obviously. Still, I'm expecting more along the lines of a marathon and/or contest with those 20th anniversary action figures as prizes.

Eh, that's cool I guess. After watching their 4Kids National Anthem I'm actually worried about what they're going to do.

They're probably going to take some clips from Sonic X and make a silly commerical with it and have the rest of the characters from the other 4kids shows celebrate his 20th anniversary. I don't see what else they can do with Sonic other then that.

Well it is the 10th Yugioh anniversary correct? They really hadn't done anything special other than announce it before they start the said show. Though they did had the 2nd movie playing in theaters a while back but its mostly because its was made for the anniversary. So I highly doubt that 4kids will do anything special for Sonic regardless. It would be more guaranteed if Sonic actually stayed on the air with 4kids for years or so. But idk really what they're going to do.

Bah what connection does 4kids have to do with sonic anymore other then holding the airing rights to Sonic X?

Unless they want to re-do that crap job of a dub now that would be something! the 4kids VAs got really great towards the end of their runs with SEGA but during the beginning, when X was airing, the voices were just soo horribly bad and not suited towards the character they were playing as ('cept for eggman, hes always been awesome since day 1).

• Thumbs Up 1

In my opinion, the best gift that 4kids could give us would be the release of uncut Sonic X episodes with the original Japanese voices and soundtrack on DVD Box sets with the 20th anniversary logo on it. Yeah, this would probably never happen (since the uncut Yu-Gi-OH! dvds didn't sell well) but I can dream can't I? XD

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool
  • Thumbs Up 2

My money's on a marathon.

The voice actors are gone, we would've heard about the new ones working for 4Kids and I'm sure screen shots would've been leaked of a French/Japanese promo.

A hour block where they interview the staff behind the show while showing clips or outtakes would be cool, but the target audience are kids..

This was supposed to be a joke but I ended up making myself look like an ass. I won't do it again. Sorry folks. :(

EDIT: I'm going to be more careful with what I post. I'm sorry if I pissed people off. I'll think twice before I speak...er, post. :mellow:

Edited by Darth Sonikku
  • Thumbs Up 4

This was supposed to be a joke but I ended up making myself look like an ass. I won't do it again. Sorry folks. :(

First rule of the Internet, son.

Sarcasm is hard to detect over the Internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

First rule of the Internet, son.

Sarcasm is hard to detect over the Internet.

Thanks. I'll remember that.

So, 4Kids, how about celebrating it by letting us Europeans get the rest of the series on DVD instead of just a measly eight episodes. What's that? I'd have to speak to Disney to get that done? God damn it. <_<

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe we're getting a Fourth Season (Shot, stomped and spat on.)

I don't mind 4Kids celebrating it, I mean as Eggman said, "You Know What They Say, The More The Merrier!!" (Shot, Stomped and spat on. Again.)

4Kids has no control over how many seasons the show has. It was originally made by TMS.

Edited by Raxz

In my opinion, the best gift that 4kids could give us would be the release of uncut Sonic X episodes with the original Japanese voices and soundtrack on DVD Box sets with the 20th anniversary logo on it. Yeah, this would probably never happen (since the uncut Yu-Gi-OH! dvds didn't sell well) but I can dream can't I? XD

They stopped selling those for copyright reasons. They never said exactly what those reasons are but many think they had something to do with Yugi's Japanese voice actor.

Why do you even watch the 4kids dub of Sonic X? That was just a letdown. The Japanese was was geared more towards teenagers, and it really is a pretty good show.

I don't want to sound like some advertisement bot, but I do happen to have every episode of Japanese Sonic X (English subtitles) on my YouTube channel if you want to see the original version. Seriously, if you're going to talk about Sonic X, then watch the original one first. ANYONE can complain about the 4kids one (except for 8 year olds), but I think that at least some of you will change your mind about Sonic X if you watch the Japanese one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why do you even watch the 4kids dub of Sonic X? That was just a letdown. The Japanese was was geared more towards teenagers, and it really is a pretty good show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic X was no less of a show for twelve-year-olds in Japan than it was in America.

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 3