Awoo.

4Kids is celebrating Sonic's 20th anniversary

PC the Hedgehog

Why do you even watch the 4kids dub of Sonic X? That was just a letdown. The Japanese was was geared more towards teenagers, and it really is a pretty good show.

I don't want to sound like some advertisement bot, but I do happen to have every episode of Japanese Sonic X (English subtitles) on my YouTube channel if you want to see the original version. Seriously, if you're going to talk about Sonic X, then watch the original one first. ANYONE can complain about the 4kids one (except for 8 year olds), but I think that at least some of you will change your mind about Sonic X if you watch the Japanese one.

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1

One, 1,000 people only accounts for a small number of people who like Sonic X -- you can't know everybody, not even close

That's basically what I've said. 1,000 people doesn't sound like alot of people.

Edited by Raxz

Look at how many people like Sonic Rush, even if the vocal minority majority makes it sound like utter crap.

???

As far as I know the Rush games are regarded as good games by the majority.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice job misreading what I was trying to say. 1,000 out of many more people like Sonic X, and the same can be said for several of the "horrible" Sonic games. Look at how many people like Sonic Rush, even if the vocal minority majority makes it sound like utter crap.

Alright sorry, now I get it.

I kinda wish Studiopolis would do uncut redubs of Sonic X and OVA.

Why? we just went through that even with better voices, the show would still suck.

Oh please, the fourth wall jokes or any other jokes for that matter aren't anywhere near as prominent in the Japanese version as the horrible puns is in the 4Kids version.

They are just as prominent, and just as annoying. I rolled my eyes when I was 13 and I watched the first episode of the show with that oh-so-clever "Don't stand on F1 cars" joke. The Japanese version contained similarly groan-worthy dialog in nearly every episode, usually with stuff worse than that.

And, at the very least, the dub at least tried occasionally to clean up some of the more infuriating plot points (such as outright eliminating a few of the "lol Knuckles you are so stupid for being smarter than us" instances), and made jokes out of the ones that weren't even salvageable.

And the Jap soundtrack kicks the ever loving crap out of the the 4kids version, that's just fact.

The soundtrack itself is notably better. The use of that soundtrack within the episodes is not (take note that I admitted that the Japanese soundtrack was overall still better than the 4Kids one). There are times where it seems like the guy splicing the audio into the episodes didn't seem to actually be watching the episodes in question.

I know a guy that would disagree with you and he knows over 1,000 people who would disagree with you. That's just like saying "Sonic and the Black Knight sucks," as if it's fact -- believe it or not there's actually a decent portion of people who like it.

Nice job misreading what I was trying to say. 1,000 out of many more people like Sonic X, and the same can be said for several of the "horrible" Sonic games. Look at how many people like Sonic Rush, even if the vocal minority majority makes it sound like utter crap.

Like ≠ Good. Sonic X does many things poorly. Objectively poorly, like plot holes and contrived coincidences and double standard aesops and off-model animation and the like. The list I posted a little while ago is very truncated. That isn't to say that people aren't allowed to like it, but that isn't what Azukara said in the first place.

Edited by Tornado

There's this one track in the Sonic X soundtrack that I swear they used every episode. It kind of sounded like the background music to Leaf Forest. And while I'm talking about soundtracks, the levels in the 06 soundtrack seem to occasionally jump around. But more on topic, I want to post a link to this video, but for some reason when this video ends, youtube thinks that the "up next" video needs to be something about a birth defect that makes a baby look like Janus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSATVUsctM0.

And a fourth wall breaking disclaimer isn't any funnier than a non fourth wall breaking disclaimer.

And tonight I found out just how bad the English dub of JoJo's bizarre adventure is.

New Sonic X DVD box sets with both US and Japanese versions would be great! Throw in some interviews with the cast and crew and I'll buy it!

I love how everyones all "Sonic X is terrible no matter what and that's true because it's my opinion" I'm one of the few people who likes Sonic X yes the dub is very cringe worthy, yes Chris can be intrucive but you know what when I watch/play/read Sonic I expect to see Sonic beat the crap out of Robot's and that's what the majority of episodes are.

Now I don't know what 4Kids is going to do but it's nice to see they care enough to do anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love how everyones all "Sonic X is terrible no matter what and that's true because it's my opinion" I'm one of the few people who likes Sonic X yes the dub is very cringe worthy, yes Chris can be intrucive but you know what when I watch/play/read Sonic I expect to see Sonic beat the crap out of Robot's and that's what the majority of episodes are.

I love how you are all "Sonic X is awesome no matter what and that's true because it's my opinion." You can like something with that something not being any good.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Hey, it's beliveable. I consider the dub a guilty pleasure, myself.

Dragonsoul-Y-U-no-go-wit-teh-joke.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Y-U-NO

Nah, just kidding. I guess it is a guilty pleasure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, it's beliveable. I consider the dub a guilty pleasure, myself.

I watch it for teh lulz.