Awoo.

Classic or Modern Sonic?

Agent York

To me they look more like SEGA renders than those done by Marza in the trailer; both of them. I don't think it's the same model. His quills look huge too, but yeah I could be wrong. Not an expert or anything.

It's the same model.

Oh all right, if you say so. I just don't get how much perfection the renders had in the trailer, and the box art (which is hopefully placeholder)look kinda weird with how the top quill isn't even visable or not even apparent. It just looks so awkward even though I apreciate the idea behind the pose :P

Edited by Jaouad

Didn't Sonic X start the whole "Fist behind the back" deal? it was one of the things I prefered over Classic, not that there's anything wrong with the way Classic Sonic runs, but M. Sonic looks cooler with Airplane arms so it automatically wins.

Rule of Cool > Everything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah, not counting the Super Peel Out in CD Sonic started doing the "running with his hands behind his back" thing in the Sonic World mode from Sonic Jam and the Special Stages of Flickies Island when he hit a booster (and both of them used the Classic model so there ya go :P), then it carried over to Adventure and Adventure 2 and pretty much every other game.

So basically Sonic X had nothing to do with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh all right, if you say so. I just don't get how much perfection the renders had in the trailer, and the box art (which is hopefully placeholder)look kinda weird with how the top quill isn't even visable or not even apparent. It just looks so awkward even though I apreciate the idea behind the pose :P

That's the case with almost every render- because of the angle you can't see his top spike. In hand drawn art they can easily make everything look the way they want to instead of being 100% accurate. Check my sig infact. M.Sonic only has half of his top spike showing.

Edited by Blue Blood

I like both styles of running. Modern Sonic does his Naruto-ninja thing, while Classic Sonic runs more actively. Classic Sonic is probably the better one, but I wouldn't say Modern Sonic looks retarded.

And Sega can say that the poll doesn't matter all they want, but it's going to have some kind of effect in the long run. If polls and fan request didn't matter to them, they wouldn't have brought Classic Sonic back in the first place. Not to mention all the other moves they've made due to popularity reasons (whore out Shadow, go Sonic only, make Sonic 4, etc.).

I don't think Modern Sonic will be getting replaced or anything, but I'm pretty sure Classic Sonic won't be disappearing again after Generations is over with. Maybe they'll go the MegaMan route.

Didn't Sonic X start the whole "Fist behind the back" deal? it was one of the things I prefered over Classic, not that there's anything wrong with the way Classic Sonic runs, but M. Sonic looks cooler with Airplane arms so it automatically wins.

Rule of Cool > Everything else.

I think it all started since the first Sonic Adventure.

Classic Sonic running style is like away to conserve energy, Modern Sonic is pretty much an energy burner. Guess that means Modern Sonic just has more energy?

Classic Sonic running style is like away to conserve energy, Modern Sonic is pretty much an energy burner. Guess that means Modern Sonic just has more energy?

With that body, he's also likely to burn off calories in that running position as well. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

I can honestly see M. Sonic cracking fat jokes on C. Sonic.

"One too many Chili Dogs, eh?"

"You are so fat, you leave foot prints in the concrete."

"Hey tubby, why don't you roll while I boost?"

"No wonder you roll more than you run."

"Physics makes you run faster down a hill? Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night."

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 4

I just realized that classic Sonic isn't holding his hands behind his back like a retard while running. This pleases me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, for what it's worth, Classic Sonic held his hands tucked towards his body as opposed the way he does in the trailer. So that doesn't make his gait any less retarded by comparison to Modern Sonic's.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Physics makes you run faster down a hill? Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night."

Edited by Jaouad
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sonic's quills isn't huge.

Edited by Blue Blood

It's hard to decide.

Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic each have their own special little touch that makes them awesome.

I'd probably have to go for Modern Sonic.

(Although, I'm using AoSTH to decide classic Sonic's personality, so...)

I would say they were in the artwork for Adventure 1 and possibly Adventure 2 but they don't in the current model IMO.

Yeah, they was back then when they was trying to make him look more extreme. They had tone him down a lot in Unleashed and Colors.

His spikes are still the same length. You can't compare the stylised drawings to CG renders.

I think they're still too huge. :x I don't like how long they are at all. It's really... really glaring to me. Personally, I don't think it's cool, even if the rest of the modern design is a-okay.

His spikes are still the same length. You can't compare the stylised drawings to CG renders.

Okay, then Sonic 06's model is when his quills is a bit big but the length of his quills never really bothered me as long as they're not almost touching the ground. I've always thought his quills grows longer with age.

Edited by sonfan1984

Okay, then Sonic 06's model is when his quills is a bit big but the length of his quills never really bothered me as long as they're not almost touching the ground. I've always thought his quills grows longer with age.

06 quills are actually marginally shorter than Unleashed quills. =D

Seriously, they are. The main difference is that they are also quite a bit thinner (thus making them appear longer) and flop around like spaghetti.

Edited by Blue Blood

Lol, it's not like C.sonic couldn't make jokes about his huge quills or stretchy limbs.

"The hell happened to me, So i'm changing into an octopus eh?"

Just sayin hehehe :D

"Hey Porky the Porcupine, when was the last time you've seen your toes?"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Sonic the anorexic Hedgehog."

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1